Login

russian armor

Snipers

18 Mar 2014, 22:02 PM

Then you definitely see things.

If sniper can't directly see it, it can't shoot at it.
18 Mar 2014, 23:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2014, 17:27 PMKatitof

You realize that snipers are more effective on foot?
No missed shots and you can select what to engage, something that is impossible with M3.

Then why do you always see sniper IN M3 early game? Because:
Sniper in M3 is more mobile
You can backpedal in m3 while still shooting. If you dont have m3s you have to retrat much earlier
19 Mar 2014, 00:22 AM

Then why do you always see sniper IN M3 early game? Because:
Sniper in M3 is more mobile
You can backpedal in m3 while still shooting. If you dont have m3s you have to retrat much earlier

Not really.
M3s are fail safes for med skilled players.
You will never find top 200 players going with dual sniper and dual M3, that doesn't work.

You will either see a single sniper in M3(which is a waste, because you have 440mp/20fu doing exactly what 360mp can do alone if you have half decent micro and conscripts before you) or dual snipers on foot that are vulnerable to long flanks.

You're really exaggerating by saying that you always see snipers in M3s.
Its just as popular as snipers on foot with better players not using M3s for snipers, but for flame CEs, which allow much more offensive use and actually allow M3 to pay for itself.

The better your micro is, the less you will rely on M3s and more on your own positioning.
I'm not super skilled, but even I don't use M3s anymore, well, not for snipers anyway.
19 Mar 2014, 02:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Double scoutcar seems like way too much fuel investment. I´ll rather get some AT nades and screen with some scripts.

@Katitof: the early M3 sniper gives you mobility and harrasment abilities while a single sniper wont be able to do so. Don´t overestimate the M3 mg. Once you have more units to screen your sniper, you may want to switch it with some flamer or Guards (if you want to heavy counter a 222/HT).

Snipers are more effective on foot, when you have enough units on the map.
19 Mar 2014, 09:45 AM

Yes, Kaitof, you're wrong there. In 2v2, the mobility of the M3 is king. It means I can force my opponent off the map then very, very quickly rush over to help my teammate. That means more map control, earlier, which means more resources, and in a game where teching is very fast, that means everything.

Also, a sniper in an M3 is much less vulnerable to a scout car then one on foot. The M3 can get to safety faster, and the sniper is much less likely to be meet an unfortunate death on retreat from pursuing units.
19 Mar 2014, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 00:22 AMKatitof

Not really.
M3s are fail safes for med skilled players.
You will never find top 200 players going with dual sniper and dual M3, that doesn't work.

You will either see a single sniper in M3(which is a waste, because you have 440mp/20fu doing exactly what 360mp can do alone if you have half decent micro and conscripts before you) or dual snipers on foot that are vulnerable to long flanks.

You're really exaggerating by saying that you always see snipers in M3s.
Its just as popular as snipers on foot with better players not using M3s for snipers, but for flame CEs, which allow much more offensive use and actually allow M3 to pay for itself.

The better your micro is, the less you will rely on M3s and more on your own positioning.
I'm not super skilled, but even I don't use M3s anymore, well, not for snipers anyway.

LOL, you never see top 30 Cpt. Molo? the guy who spam clown car 24/7?
19 Mar 2014, 11:32 AM

wonder what would happen if you popped 2 snipers in the halftrack.
19 Mar 2014, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 11:32 AMBurts

P4 drives by for a free kill.
19 Mar 2014, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2014, 11:32 AMBurts

Ive done it. With Overdrive its a SOB. Used it to clear Shrek Blobs. Very Very expensive but effective if you can keep it alive.
19 Mar 2014, 18:40 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2014, 23:31 PMscheme

funny how you think ambush camo actually, like, works...

" Ambush Camouflage has its issues but with grens you can faust M3's and pounce on snipers from cover."

Camo isn't very consistent but it has been improved a bit in the last patch. Now each individual that enter cover goes camo instead of needing the whole unit in cover.

20 Mar 2014, 08:46 AM

" Ambush Camouflage has its issues but with grens you can faust M3's and pounce on snipers from cover."

Camo isn't very consistent but it has been improved a bit in the last patch. Now each individual that enter cover goes camo instead of needing the whole unit in cover.

Still ruins it because he sees the "4" and may already know that you went Jaeger Infantry. Put 2 and 2 together you get get that the fucker is hiding 3 others at the nearest cover.
20 Mar 2014, 09:09 AM

Ive done it. With Overdrive its a SOB. Used it to clear Shrek Blobs. Very Very expensive but effective if you can keep it alive.

I did that in all missions in that whole campaign :lol:
20 Mar 2014, 12:00 PM

What? Look the replay from OMGPOP and CieZ dude... 3 clown cars.. 3!!!!!!!!! ridiculous XD
21 Mar 2014, 19:06 PM

What? Look the replay from OMGPOP and CieZ dude... 3 clown cars.. 3!!!!!!!!! ridiculous XD

I'm sorry, what was the point of mentioning that replay?

Yeah, he had 3 scout cars and only 1 had a sniper in it. Also, during the majority of the time the scouts were up his side was LOSING decisively. They won the game on an excellently executed tank rush/flank that had nothing to do with snipers or scout cars.

2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★