Login

russian armor

New 2023 Roadmap

31 Aug 2023, 17:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

source: Relic

Our next named PC update is Umber Wasp, which we are targeting for an October release. Umber Wasp will feature several gameplay improvements including unit responsiveness, continued unit pathfinding improvements, unit selection, improved map pings, a balance pass, and more. We think players will really notice and enjoy the host of gameplay changes landing with this update.

Umber Wasp will also bring a new 4v4 Map for all modes called Sousse Wetlands and a reworked version of the 1v1 map Pachino Stalemate. It will also include match stats upon quitting a game, new unit cosmetics, and an in-game news system so that we can keep you up to date with all the latest in Company of Heroes 3.

For most updates moving forward, we intend to deliver a targeted follow-up Balance tuning update focused on addressing key areas from the previous named update. Emerald Bear was the first update we delivered within this new structure, which received its tuning update in August.

Our second named update, Steel Shepherd, is planned for December. We are happy to say that Replays along with the Replay Caster HUD will be a part of this update! The ability to view queued commands in Tactical Pause, Live Stats, and other valuable tools will be part of this much-requested feature when it launches.

Steel Shepherd will also feature a new 1v1 map for all modes. Further work is being done to address immersion and gameplay affecting animations, and additional responsiveness improvements are also being worked on for this update. What’s more, based on data and feedback, we understand new players to the franchise have been struggling more than they should with the early sections of the game. To help with that, we’re overhauling our First Time Player Experience with a revamped Tutorial Mission and updates to the Campaign Map, including a reworked tutorial and an improved Supply system. While veteran players may not benefit directly from these changes, we know these updates will be really beneficial for onboarding new players and keeping them with the game.

31 Aug 2023, 18:55 PM

Really disapointing to see the Replay mode (No spec mode?) is getting done after AE is done with the Master League.

Also, for me this roadmap is really underwhelming. Its nice with the QoL changes, but two singular maps again?

Content seems very low at this point, especially since the expansion will be primarily oriented towards Singleplayer.
31 Aug 2023, 19:20 PM

31 Aug 2023, 21:39 PM

Ok, combine that with a big Christmas sale and the game might come to life
3 Sep 2023, 10:23 AM

The game is dead. Just give up and admit you are morons Relic.
3 Sep 2023, 20:03 PM

Oh Wow, a 4v4 map and a Battlegroup expansion for the next 6 months. Add it on the previous 4v4 map and you have a splendid first year rollout.
4 Sep 2023, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I guess December will be an interesting time then. We'll see if Relic will support the game further or if we get an "unfortunately we cannot continue to update the game" message around February/March.
Relic will watch closely how well the DLC sells and if it brings back players or not. Current CoH3 cannot sustain Relic for sure. People need to trickle back into the game.
4 Sep 2023, 12:10 PM

I guess December will be an interesting time then. We'll see if Relic will support the game further or if we get an "unfortunately we cannot continue to update the game" message around February/March.
Relic will watch closely how well the DLC sells and if it brings back players or not. Current CoH3 cannot sustain Relic for sure. People need to trickle back into the game.

Return. This is what they have already sold at the peak online was 19,000. But need to attract new players as well. SEGA should think very hard about how to soften the regional prices for the game, a huge number of people simply cannot afford to buy the game. And also to bring back sales in Russia and bring back Russian localization, a huge RTS and CoH community was just cut off from a rather niche game.
4 Sep 2023, 14:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Return. This is what they have already sold at the peak online was 19,000. But need to attract new players as well. SEGA should think very hard about how to soften the regional prices for the game, a huge number of people simply cannot afford to buy the game. And also to bring back sales in Russia and bring back Russian localization, a huge RTS and CoH community was just cut off from a rather niche game.

I assume the Russian market is for CoH3 has shrunk compared to CoH2 since the game covers a completely different front, and regularly people are really picky if their nation (or at least one they find interesting) is represented. People from eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Czechia, Romania and many more) don't play as much CoH3 as they do CoH2 relative to other nations like Germany, the US or the UK that are represented in both games.
But I agree, they're definitely missing out on some sales. Especially pricing the game according to more wealthy Western countries cuts a lot of people off. I've read somewhere that buying CoH3 in Turkey at release cost the equivalent of half or a quarter of the average monthly net salary. I don't know why they decided to do so. It's really unfair to the people living in these countries.

Whatever will happen on that "front", Relic plans to fulfill their legal responsibility of delivering an expansion in 2023 in December. I don't think they plan on halting development, otherwise they could just push a shitty expansion out now and call it a day, but it might be an internal break point for their business decision making.
4 Sep 2023, 15:19 PM

I assume the Russian market is for CoH3 has shrunk compared to CoH2 since the game covers a completely different front, and regularly people are really picky if their nation (or at least one they find interesting) is represented. People from eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Czechia, Romania and many more) don't play as much CoH3 as they do CoH2 relative to other nations like Germany, the US or the UK that are represented in both games.
But I agree, they're definitely missing out on some sales. Especially pricing the game according to more wealthy Western countries cuts a lot of people off. I've read somewhere that buying CoH3 in Turkey at release cost the equivalent of half or a quarter of the average monthly net salary. I don't know why they decided to do so. It's really unfair to the people living in these countries.

Whatever will happen on that "front", Relic plans to fulfill their legal responsibility of delivering an expansion in 2023 in December. I don't think they plan on halting development, otherwise they could just push a shitty expansion out now and call it a day, but it might be an internal break point for their business decision making.

Well, Relic has every chance to attract a Russian audience. Make a Russian localization, open the game for sale. Make the USSR a DLC - there is a huge potential, both in a single game (if Relc learned the release of CoH2) and in multiplayer, the USSR still has units for three factions, I can be an opponent of the German-Hungarian Faction and the place of Balaton is the last major offensive of Germany in World War II War.

Whether SEGA will go for it and whether Relic will screw up again, well, this is a big question.
5 Sep 2023, 13:21 PM

It actually boggles my mind how slow the mapmaking progress seems to be when the lack of maps is arguably the game's most severe flaw.
kaj
5 Sep 2023, 13:47 PM

There even wasn't a need to add USSR, Russian localisation and availability in the store would be enough, but we have what we have...
Also, that greedy Japan price policy, that previous 10% discount was a complete joke, like for a game, that didn't fail completely... They should have make 40% discount, like Criterion done for that shitty recent NFS Unbound

Well, Relic has every chance to attract a Russian audience. Make a Russian localization, open the game for sale. Make the USSR a DLC - there is a huge potential, both in a single game (if Relc learned the release of CoH2) and in multiplayer, the USSR still has units for three factions, I can be an opponent of the German-Hungarian Faction and the place of Balaton is the last major offensive of Germany in World War II War.

Whether SEGA will go for it and whether Relic will screw up again, well, this is a big question.
5 Sep 2023, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2023, 13:47 PMkaj
There even wasn't a need to add USSR, Russian localisation and availability in the store would be enough, but we have what we have...
Also, that greedy Japan price policy, that previous 10% discount was a complete joke, like for a game, that didn't fail completely... They should have make 40% discount, like Criterion done for that shitty recent NFS Unbound

Well, localization and return of the sale is the minimum that can be done. But you also need to understand that people want to play what they like best. I might have bought CoH3 if there was an Italian or Soviet Faction, because I'm not interested in playing USA, Britain, Germany for the third time. I might even buy DoW3 if there was an Imperial Guard at launch (my favorite faction in Warhammer).
13 Sep 2023, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2023, 13:21 PMGiaA
It actually boggles my mind how slow the mapmaking progress seems to be when the lack of maps is arguably the game's most severe flaw.

I suppose an explanation (other than general relic incompetence) is a dogshit map editor, gathering from what I read in Rosboner´s rants
13 Sep 2023, 19:52 PM

I think the best part about the road map was the executive producer who just seemed to be very genuine & honest without any PR nonsense.

But for the road map itself.... not too much to be hyped about to be honest. New maps still coming at a snail's pace, the only really big thing is going to be the expansion, which could as well just turn out to be a mediocre SP/coop-only DLC (looking at CoH2 Theater of War).

Replays are great ofc, but they're not gonna be a turning point that makes the people who left be like "Ok with the replays, now I am coming back to CoH3!"
13 Sep 2023, 22:05 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I suppose an explanation (other than general relic incompetence) is a dogshit map editor, gathering from what I read in Rosboner´s rants

The editor is less optimized than the game but I think it's a hardware issue on his part. The larger the map or the more assets are on it, the slower it gets, but Rosbone seems to have those issues from the start whereas many others are fine but only notice the slowdown as they progress in their map's development.

tl;dr the map editor is functional and an improvement over coh2's but could be improved.
13 Sep 2023, 22:08 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Making a double post because this is important re: regional sales.

The game could do with a price decrease in areas with lower income. There are lots of people that want to play CoH but coh2 was free and is cheaper. SEGA seemed to have just made people pay $60 USD no matter where you lived so in some areas of the world that is a significant portion of your income.

About Russia, it's not SEGA's decision or a marketing issue there, it's the ongoing sanctions as a result of the war. I think there are some workarounds but it is much more difficult to pay for games if you live in Russia at the moment.
13 Sep 2023, 23:44 PM

About Russia, it's not SEGA's decision or a marketing issue there.

It is. Russia was disconnected from SWIFT, making it impossible to use traditional global payment methods, yet, from what I've heard, there are plenty of ways to still buy and avoid all blocks by just changing region or even buying a key and activating it.

All those AAA companies, just jumped on a hype train trying to "look cool and supportive" thinking that market is already lost anyway, so why not farm some social karma. I bet my ass, if SWIFT was still working, no-one would've blocked them. Besides maybe companies like Blizzard which will sell their soul like a junkie for even scraps of karma.

Who won? Steam won, because it gets its fair share on currency conversion. Re-salers won, because they can just simply profit on whole situation. Regular people won, because they will downloading games from torrents, instead paying for half-assed products. And "big sharks" shoit their pants, plain and simple, because you cant back off now.

They just ended up loosing another market and not because its complicated for Russians, but because CoH (and a lot of other games) aren't games worth spending even an hour setting everything up to buy it, unless you are just a fan of the game.

And same happened to the region prices, where most likely you will lose all potential customers if you set up idiotic prices without any kind of regional adjustments. Like, oh no, some of the people from the west are changing their region to buy our games cheaper, lets make it almost 100% more expensive, who cares that it will kill native market.

Like ok. If you have game like idk, Dark Souls 4 being released or any other grand releases, people might get over themselves to do additional work\spending more, but when nish games are doing so, it hurts them more then others.
14 Sep 2023, 04:47 AM

About Russia, it's not SEGA's decision or a marketing issue there.

Well, I don't really agree here. This is a SEGA question. A good example is Warhammer Darktide. GW banned the sale of any Warhammer games in Russia, Darktide was closed for sales before release, but later, apparently, GW realized that money is money, and before release, Darktide was allowed to be purchased and returned to Steam. If the purchase of CoH3 was not marketing, then CoH3 could be purchased with a global key, but it does not work. Yes, you can change the region of the country, manipulate currencies and buy CoH3, but after what I saw in the game, I don’t see the point in this.

Those developers and publishers who want to sell their games are still selling, and those who wanted to demonstratively slam the door, slam the door and do not make a profit.

What’s funny is that SEGA refused to localize its DLS for Total War: Warhammer III into Russian. But here's the news, the money is still winning and Total War: Warhammer III localization is returning.
14 Sep 2023, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2023, 13:21 PMGiaA

What boggles my mind is that they said that they can't use maps from the users or something like that?

They just have "wrong" lawyers. We also had such issue where company lawyer said - it can't be done. We just replace the lawyer and suddenly "it was possible".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 41
Germany 766
Netherlands 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak