Login

russian armor

Skillplanes need an IMMEDIATE hotfix

14 Mar 2023, 18:07 PM

Lol thats not how that works, hope thats sarcasm

in all seriousness, the AA units do a decent job at shooting them down. it also strongly discourages tank blobbing, which i like
14 Mar 2023, 18:18 PM

in all seriousness, the AA units do a decent job at shooting them down. it also strongly discourages tank blobbing, which i like

Tank blobbing? Vehicle pathing already deters that imo

An AT strafe will do that same thing just fine btw. If tanks are blobbed at least one of those things is getting hit if the strafe is well placed

DAK doesnt even need their loiter, the AT strafe they have is crazy powerful. The attack path is huge
14 Mar 2023, 19:51 PM

Tank blobbing? Vehicle pathing already deters that imo

An AT strafe will do that same thing just fine btw. If tanks are blobbed at least one of those things is getting hit if the strafe is well placed

DAK doesnt even need their loiter, the AT strafe they have is crazy powerful. The attack path is huge

if the AT strafe was as effective as you claim then there wouldn't be a QQ thread on loiters now would there?

the USF quad instantly shoots down skill planes. there's your counter. DAK AA HT takes a bit more time. i can't comment on the effectiveness of brit or wehr AA tbh
14 Mar 2023, 19:59 PM

the USF quad instantly shoots down skill planes. there's your counter. DAK AA HT takes a bit more time. i can't comment on the effectiveness of brit or wehr AA tbh

non-doc Brit AA is completly disfunctional in every aspect, ground and air.
The battlegroup crusader AA is decent and is atleast able to shoot planes down.
14 Mar 2023, 20:48 PM

Probably a slightly crazy take but I actually think the loiters can stay exactly as powerful & impactful as they are right now IF all factions get an AA unit that is exactly as effective vs loiters as the USF M16 Quad.

If the opponent has one M16, the axis loiters won't even make it until their first strafe. Feel free to test yourself in cheat mod

USF doesn't have any attack loiters, you mean the rocket loiter from British Air & Sea BG

You do realize people with intelligence will just dive the AA platform and follow the dive with the call in? Which might result in you losing the rest of your armor? Unless you plant said AA in your base. But then again, whos going to invest in anything heavier than a M16 and not use it for other means besides AA? Kind of a waste? Another factor that’s a major design flaw. The entire USF air tower abilities are negated if all AA becomes as strong as the M16 😊.
14 Mar 2023, 20:54 PM

Why is this even a balance discussion topic? Didn't lelic learn from the past experiences how planes work in MP?

Granted, skillplanes are back and they are deadly as they were in their prime time in Coh2
14 Mar 2023, 21:53 PM

Another factor that’s a major design flaw. The entire USF air tower abilities are negated if all AA becomes as strong as the M16 😊.

In theory this could be easily fixed by making only the loiter planes paper-armor insta killable by AA while recon planes, strafes and the USF support center planes are much more tankier.

Btw now that we talk about planes anyway, cargo-planes that drop units on the frontline should be 100% invincible, no idea why that's not the case....
14 Mar 2023, 21:59 PM

if the AT strafe was as effective as you claim then there wouldn't be a QQ thread on loiters now would there?

Have u actually used it? Its really really good....

Its just not AS good as an ability that auto-tracks and does all the work for u. Shocker, computer assisted aim beats meanual targeting that doesnt lock on

Like I said, if u place it well, the strafe can very effective. THe loiter is just a hell of a lot easier to place

So that means its power level is automatically justified? Thats wildly oversimplifying the problem

U have counter, zero damage done. U dont have counter, u might lose most of ur army. THats shit design dude, this is why almost everyone hates these abilities
15 Mar 2023, 14:10 PM

Instead of just nerf this nerf that figure out what else needs to be balanced. Loiters are annoying but they're hardly game breaking. Quad brings them down almost immediately. They also help with breaking stalemate slugfests.
15 Mar 2023, 15:31 PM

DevM + Community Concil, has to be done that way,just listen to top player's! - Relic Lead Dev; we got to break that game to gain publicity by negative reputation like we do every release. :megusta:
15 Mar 2023, 18:16 PM

As I have suggested from Coh2 also loiter planes could be changed to be harder to shoot down but to become less effective when fired upon.

In sort add "suppression" mechanism for planes.
15 Mar 2023, 20:42 PM

Loiters are annoying but they're hardly game breaking.

They are definitely closer to game breaking than they are to just being annoying. Sure AA counters it well, but you shouldn't need AA just to prevent losing half of your army to one click of the mouse

Not saying you shouldn't be punished at all for not having AA, but you shouldn't be punished THIS much by something that requires absolutely zero effort to use. When you react instantly to dodge and still take heavy losses, that's a problem
16 Mar 2023, 02:03 AM

Something I noticed whilst desperately fending off a med tank army with 2 flak 88s
- 2 AA units should be enough to shred AT loiters. Later tested it with 2 Flak 36 (20mms) and a Wirblewind + the 20mm weapon team. Flak 88s don't really kill them in time to save a Tiger but it's still very heavy hits.

You don't need the AA units to be parked next to your army, they have a very long range. Of course the further away you are from them , the more damage you'll take before the planes are shot down. Can have planes shot down before they even fire rockets potentially in the best scenario.
16 Mar 2023, 02:30 AM

They are definitely closer to game breaking than they are to just being annoying. Sure AA counters it well, but you shouldn't need AA just to prevent losing half of your army to one click of the mouse

Not saying you shouldn't be punished at all for not having AA, but you shouldn't be punished THIS much by something that requires absolutely zero effort to use. When you react instantly to dodge and still take heavy losses, that's a problem

While I don't disagree with you if we don't come up with more anti blob abilities the blob will only grow bigger. This has been an issue since the dawn of COH.

Remember US Strafe Plane in Coh1 how cancer that thing was just wiping armies because it would have no warning and the solution was not to blob.

Blobbing is easy and its why everyone does it but complains when their army gets wiped.
16 Mar 2023, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

A more general point:
I hoped Relic would redesign the whole plane system. More like a 'buy once, use for free' approach. There is currently no downside to losing a plane, therefore defending against strafes does not make sense, unless your AA is so potent that the plane gets shot down before it can do anything, at which point literally every plane will become utterly useless. Therefore, balance always had to thread the needle but rarely hit the right spot.
I also find Aerafields suggestion to make paratrooper transport planes invulberable a very bad idea. There should be a trade off between dropping to a safe spot on your side or dropping potentially in the back lines. Being able to drop them next a AA does not make sense.

At the very least, there should be a refund system. A strafe balanced around 90 mun should e.g. cost 120, but refund 60 if the planes makes it home. Suddenly AA becomes useful against strafes.
Also, Relic should think if it makes sense to always spawn planes from the direction of the players base. Being able to choose the spawn point by selecting the direction of the strafe makes it difficult to balance. You can always select the direction with less AA (closer to the edge of the map). In CoH2, there were additional issues regarding the time until the attack dropped.

And finally, the damage that a plane has taken should affect the cooldown timer.

Suddenly, planes and AA are easier to balance and there is no binary outcome anymore.
16 Mar 2023, 13:51 PM

While I don't disagree with you if we don't come up with more anti blob abilities the blob will only grow bigger. This has been an issue since the dawn of COH.

Remember US Strafe Plane in Coh1 how cancer that thing was just wiping armies because it would have no warning and the solution was not to blob.

Blobbing is easy and its why everyone does it but complains when their army gets wiped.

But loiters don't only work against blobs. I think it's really cheesy even if it just kills 1 tank

The lack of effort required is the problem

Rocket arty in coh2 was really effective anti-blob. But it required skill for placing the barrage correctly, AND it was very risky because the unit itself died in 1 shot

That logic also currently means that if you have AA, you can blob freely without worry
16 Mar 2023, 18:55 PM

They rather fix some SP problems in todays patch. XD
Vaz
17 Mar 2023, 02:56 AM

the planes are extremely cheap. Doesn't matter if you are the one calling them in or having them called in on you. I've seen some extremely bad scenes with multiple tanks getting wrecked by plane call ins. IRL you cant' escape from planes I think, but for a game, it's very punishing. Especially when you have single match call ins that can get taken out so easily.
17 Mar 2023, 03:33 AM

Planes shouldnt be nerfed in terms of power because then they will just become useless but they should see a cost increase. But the Quad should have its AA potency tones down because right now it basically insta kills planes where the whirble doesnt.
17 Mar 2023, 09:38 AM

Planes shouldnt be nerfed in terms of power because then they will just become useless but they should see a cost increase. But the Quad should have its AA potency tones down because right now it basically insta kills planes where the whirble doesnt.
Deleting a high value unit is gamebreaking. It does not matter if that costs 150 ammo or 250 ammo. It is highly frustrating if there is no counter play. Thus the tank player needs to have an ability to react, which currently isn't in the game. That is bad design as well as bad balance. Imo the damage of airstrikes needs to be put down and there needs to be a bigger delay until the aircraft arrive. Leaving the attack zone should be an option. Otherwise you punish yourself if you even build a tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★