Are aircraft loiters balanced?
Option Distribution Votes
18%
82%
Total votes: 56
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Mar 2023, 15:26 PM

Using them is basically cheating.

The enemy cant even escape with full hp vehicles that get an immediate retreat order.

Since they target tanks you actually punish yourself by actually building tanks.

I am at a loss of words how this bullshit could make it past beta.
12 Mar 2023, 15:59 PM

nerf allies

axis planes are our only chance to win
12 Mar 2023, 16:02 PM

nerf allies

axis planes are our only chance to win
I'm specifically talking about the Stuka DAK loiter and the US Airforce loiter. Just deleted a full hp Panther that reversed. This bs applies to both sides and it is cancer. I was cheated about a win by this.
12 Mar 2023, 16:22 PM

UK Torpedo or Spitfire loiter I have used to also delete multiple tanks. All the AT loiters just wreck vehicles.
12 Mar 2023, 17:06 PM

All the AT loiters are indeed insanely OP. Not an overstatement to call them army killers. I've won and lost matches on the basis of one AT loiter destroying the armour of a player despite them winning most of the match up to that point.
12 Mar 2023, 18:36 PM

I'm specifically talking about the Stuka DAK loiter and the US Airforce loiter. Just deleted a full hp Panther that reversed. This bs applies to both sides and it is cancer. I was cheated about a win by this.

I dont think US has a loiter? Pretty sure all their air support is strafes/bombing runs. But their strafes are still good, which only goes to show that loiters arent necessary for the game

UK and DAK loiters are crazy busted tho
14 Mar 2023, 07:43 AM

UK Torpedo or Spitfire loiter I have used to also delete multiple tanks. All the AT loiters just wreck vehicles.

They are all equally cancerous, regardless of which faction they are from. No ability should be able to do so much damage without any immediate counter (and please spare me with AA, as long as AA is so unevenly distributed). It can deal lots of damage if you don't react, but give the player the ability to react...
14 Mar 2023, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2023, 07:43 AMGarrett

They are all equally cancerous, regardless of which faction they are from. No ability should be able to do so much damage without any immediate counter (and please spare me with AA, as long as AA is so unevenly distributed). It can deal lots of damage if you don't react, but give the player the ability to react...

On top of that, (atleast the UKF one) the airstrikes are dirt cheap. 120 munis is nothing in coh3.

Edit: These loiters are always worth it, even for single vehicles
14 Mar 2023, 10:36 AM

Who voted no?

We must cast them out before they can cause any further harm XD
14 Mar 2023, 11:28 AM

Probably a slightly crazy take but I actually think the loiters can stay exactly as powerful & impactful as they are right now IF all factions get an AA unit that is exactly as effective vs loiters as the USF M16 Quad.

If the opponent has one M16, the axis loiters won't even make it until their first strafe. Feel free to test yourself in cheat mod

I'm specifically talking about the Stuka DAK loiter and the US Airforce loiter.

USF doesn't have any attack loiters, you mean the rocket loiter from British Air & Sea BG
14 Mar 2023, 12:49 PM

Probably a slightly crazy take but I actually think the loiters can stay exactly as powerful & impactful as they are right now IF all factions get an AA unit that is exactly as effective vs loiters as the USF M16 Quad.

If the opponent has one M16, the axis loiters won't even make it until their first strafe. Feel free to test yourself in cheat mod

USF doesn't have any attack loiters, you mean the rocket loiter from British Air & Sea BG

I do agree with that, but I feel like 120 munis is too little for the impact it has/can have.
On one hand, many of the maps give you boatloads of munis and on the other hand some other abilities like the emplacement killers (e.g. USF bombardment, UK shipbarrage) cost more and tend to have varying impact (either it kills just the stationary units or the enemy sleeps and loses more than that).
14 Mar 2023, 13:17 PM

On top of that, (atleast the UKF one) the airstrikes are dirt cheap. 120 munis is nothing in coh3.

Edit: These loiters are always worth it, even for single vehicles

Exactly, I use them to even kill medtrucks. The MP is really hurtful and robs them of a very important tool to stay at the front
14 Mar 2023, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2023, 13:17 PMGarrett

Exactly, I use them to even kill medtrucks. The MP is really hurtful and robs them of a very important tool to stay at the front

i thought you can't call in "skillplanes" in base sectors?
14 Mar 2023, 14:28 PM

i thought you can't call in "skillplanes" in base sectors?

you cant, but many people use medtrucks outside their base
14 Mar 2023, 14:31 PM

i disagree

you shouldnt have a one click army deleter like the wehr luftwaffe loiter

you also shouldnt have a unit that immediately negates airplane abilities like the usf quad...you can basically park it in your base, leaving it almost invulnerable, all just for 30 fuel in t2

both loiters and aa units should be viable, even when both are on the field
14 Mar 2023, 15:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You should be able to dodge heavy offmap damage. Keeping it just leads to everyone being forced to build AA. That's exactly the opposite of varied builds and gameplay.
14 Mar 2023, 16:33 PM

Probably a slightly crazy take

If you are saying this in advance... :lol:

Planes shouldn't auto attack, period. Manual strafes for all air-based attacks imo. I would say the same for artillery off-maps, but swap the word strafes for barrages
14 Mar 2023, 16:41 PM

both sides get em, soo they are technically balanced
14 Mar 2023, 16:41 PM
Donator 22

When I have an idling Wirbelwind, and it gets shot down by planes.....that feels stupid.
I want my anti-air unit to kill the planes. Not the other way round. (in general)
I would like to see anti-air units fixed first, then let us see how much fixing the loiters need.
14 Mar 2023, 17:37 PM

both sides get em, soo they are technically balanced

Lol thats not how that works, hope thats sarcasm
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment