Login

russian armor

Fallschirmpioneer and flak emplacement

25 Feb 2023, 14:30 PM

Back in coh2 from when UKF first released to now, people would shit on the bofors so bad i cant count how many times it got nerfed. Now there's this Fallschirmpioneer squad that you can drop them anywhere at the start of the match and people drops them at VP first, connect the points with their fast kettenkrad and get their first flak emp few minute later. Now i wouldnt cry like those axis fanbois back in coh2 because as a 2v2 only player it ain't an issue, but my friend who played a 4v4 match with me in the big airstrip map first encountered it and what i saw is a T0 bofor that has a range almost of an AT gun that can fire with infinite brace time, mortar dents it, AT gun got shot by it (idk if he put the AT max range or not), and unlike 2v2 maps, 4v4 maps are big which is easier to commit this strat, we won the match anyway because his teamates played normal and lost, but his side is hold until lategame, imagine all 4 of them do this strat. I'm not gonna cry for fix but i wanna address this and hear anyone opinions because the bofor which is half efficient as this flak emplacement but got nerfed to kingdom come and i wanna hear why the flak emp should exist like it is
25 Feb 2023, 15:23 PM

It has a very long build time and is pretty easy to kill.
1 Mar 2023, 13:57 PM

Wrong, it is very easy to decrew, but not to kill. Just put a truck behind it lmao
1 Mar 2023, 13:59 PM

Wrong, it is very easy to decrew, but not to kill. Just put a truck behind it lmao

This.

Emplacements are a royal bitch to kill in CoH 3.

If you use a mortar it will only bleed the infantry, but with a medical halftrack next to it, it will instantly replenish any dead models. If you're lucky enough to decrew, the enemy can just recrew abandoned teamweapon with the halftrack before you can do any damage to the teamweapon itself.

In CoH 3, unlike CoH 2, the teamweapon itself ONLY takes damage when decrewed. Its not like your mortar chip damage adds up and when it's decrewed it's at half health or something. No, it will be at FULL health.

1 Mar 2023, 14:05 PM

If you're ost and you put a reinforcement bunker next to a flak, it doesn't even die to brit howitzers. Because for some reason, howitzer shells bounce off of OST bunkers and only do deflect damage. Funniest shit ever.
1 Mar 2023, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2023, 14:30 PMteckins
I'm not gonna cry for fix but i wanna address this and hear anyone opinions because the bofor which is half efficient as this flak emplacement but got nerfed to kingdom come and i wanna hear why the flak emp should exist like it is

The only counter to emplacements in 4v4 CoH3 is to contest the frontline and the enemy backline so viciously that they never have a chance to build them, because your only other option is overwhelming armored force (or AT guns, because I'm pretty sure they outrange them. Only issue is that if you're playing US you'll only have an AT gun if you go airborne (T3 is useless) However, US can field the M3 AT gun halftrack which can counter the emplacement so that's nice at least.)

Maybe we live in the timeline where allies 4v4 meta shifts to rushing to the 2 VPs closest to each other while engineer squads back-cap.
1 Mar 2023, 19:44 PM

Mans just lying like we aren't all playing the same game XD
2 Mar 2023, 00:31 AM

The only counter to emplacements in 4v4 CoH3 is to contest the frontline and the enemy backline so viciously that they never have a chance to build them, because your only other option is overwhelming armored force (or AT guns, because I'm pretty sure they outrange them. Only issue is that if you're playing US you'll only have an AT gun if you go airborne (T3 is useless) However, US can field the M3 AT gun halftrack which can counter the emplacement so that's nice at least.)

Maybe we live in the timeline where allies 4v4 meta shifts to rushing to the 2 VPs closest to each other while engineer squads back-cap.

Yes, and that's effectively tantamount to "just win every game you play to counter emplacements." I've always hated that excuse people make when X unit is overpowered, and people's solution is just "don't let them get it," as if always winning is a viable "strategy." I know that's not what you're saying here, but I've seen this kind of argument so many times that I'm just going to inb4 it now.
2 Mar 2023, 01:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2023, 00:31 AMKothre

Yes, and that's effectively tantamount to "just win every game you play to counter emplacements." I've always hated that excuse people make when X unit is overpowered, and people's solution is just "don't let them get it," as if always winning is a viable "strategy." I know that's not what you're saying here, but I've seen this kind of argument so many times that I'm just going to inb4 it now.

I'm just giving my honest opinion on what the actual counters to it are. But yeah, it's more a band-aid solution rather than some kind of admission on my part that they aren't overtuned/OP.

I mean, FFS, you can't even snipe the crewmates. Usually if you can't snipe the crewmates, it's an emplacement that dies when you do enough damage to "decrew" it (flak emplacement, mortar pit, bofors, etc.)

Get this, I just played a 4v4 game where my teammate and I had two fallshirmpios and 2 flak emplacements surrounded on an entire semicircle, he had 2 boys AT, and I had 3 assault engi flamer squads, as well as an AT halftrack, all attacking ONE flak emplacement. They were able to easily reinforce and/or recrew abandoned teamweapon with nearby halftrack.

Emplacements just lock down a side completely and totally and all you can do as allies is contest the other side and come back later.

Which is why I was wondering out loud if new allies meta is to stack 2 VPs and give up on one side for the most part.
2 Mar 2023, 01:37 AM

Paras and mortar smoke would almost be a good idea except for the fact that a grenade plus a satchel doesn't even do enough damage to decrew the flak emplacement. On top of that, it doesn't even damage the weapon, like I keep saying.

Even when the flak is decrewed, para satchel only does 7/8ths of the health lmfao.
2 Mar 2023, 20:02 PM

That flak really makes BOYS blobs look balanced against DAK.
3 Mar 2023, 08:50 AM

The problem is probably half the emplacements themselves and the other half the Medic trucks that should be redesigned.

Take away the medic tracks you emplacements will be less of an issue.
3 Mar 2023, 11:46 AM

That flak really makes BOYS blobs look balanced against DAK.

Vibing to this while blobbing BOYS AT rifles against Luftwaffe doc abusers and DAK blobbers :sibTux:

3 Mar 2023, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2023, 08:50 AMVipper
The problem is probably half the emplacements themselves and the other half the Medic trucks that should be redesigned.

Take away the medic tracks you emplacements will be less of an issue.

Agree, the durable ambulances with auto-reinforce in enemy territory which now all factions have, are not healthy for the game right now, hope they get adressed in the forseeable future
3 Mar 2023, 12:14 PM

Agree, the durable ambulances with auto-reinforce in enemy territory which now all factions have, are not healthy for the game right now, hope they get adressed in the forseeable future

I do not know how Relic made the same mistake again.

The issue with medic track become apparent years ago when USF where beaning beta tested before release and they could just blob around their ambulance that was much faster at the time.
3 Mar 2023, 12:23 PM

Vibing to this while blobbing BOYS AT rifles against Luftwaffe doc abusers and DAK blobbers :sibTux:

Flashbacks of first iteration of PTRS cons and freshly released brit bofors from coh2 intensify :snfPeter:
3 Mar 2023, 12:47 PM

they should remove auto-reinforce from halftracks
3 Mar 2023, 12:51 PM

That helped in CoH2 how exactly?
3 Mar 2023, 14:27 PM

This would be a nearly useless slapdash fix.

What they really need to do is disabling reinforcing during combat if you're outside of the HQ sector
3 Mar 2023, 14:33 PM

This would be a nearly useless slapdash fix.

What they really need to do is disabling reinforcing during combat if you're outside of the HQ sector

While that is an excellent suggestion, I can already see a potential issue where receiving artillery fire counts as 'in combat' as units get damaged. Perhaps a much slower reinforce in combat might be the answer? Reinforcing under artillery fire is a fairly costly affair in COH2 due to all the splash damage, but it seems unfair to penalise ppl for not wanting to leave their team weapons abandoned. Eg: A CD on the recrew weapon ability to stop ppl endlessly remanning it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★