Login

russian armor

sniper idea

27 Nov 2022, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2022, 17:55 PMLooney
Making it get supressed when under fire is a great idea. Though thinking about it... hopefully LVs won't be able to supress it, they would absolute destroy snipers if that were the case lol.

Very true. Dang.
28 Nov 2022, 19:06 PM

Make the sniper unable to fire if he has less than 90% health, he is wounded thus can't snipe.
28 Nov 2022, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2022, 19:06 PMEsxile
Make the sniper unable to fire if he has less than 90% health, he is wounded thus can't snipe.

That would create a huge imbalance for snipers since different faction have different healing capabilities in the front line.
29 Nov 2022, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2022, 20:18 PMVipper

That would create a huge imbalance for snipers since different faction have different healing capabilities in the front line.

Easy. Give all snipers medkits. Nothing could possibly go wrong.
29 Nov 2022, 22:34 PM

Easy. Give all snipers medkits. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

Super easy

Or he can turn into an engineer and repair things because his injuries are simply too great
30 Nov 2022, 13:28 PM

Fuck it. Command and Conquer Red Alert style Tanya/Boris unit. What could go wrong.
30 Nov 2022, 19:35 PM

Fuck it. Command and Conquer Red Alert style Tanya/Boris unit. What could go wrong.

Just give it a 2 sec set up call it firing position, can’t move only fire. Has a 2 sec tear down just like MG so even if you spam retreat it is guaranteed to take some damage from everything except maybe rear echelons.
30 Nov 2022, 19:43 PM

Give it a range of 5 more meters but have almost no health. A strong fart would kill it.
30 Nov 2022, 21:31 PM
Patrion 14

Just give it a 2 sec set up call it firing position, can’t move only fire. Has a 2 sec tear down just like MG so even if you spam retreat it is guaranteed to take some damage from everything except maybe rear echelons.

The tear down idea is super interesting. Increase the range, nerf the rof and give it the cone vision.
It's like an infantry pak43 that can't shoot through buildings.

If you leave it behind without support, it's pretty vulnerable to flanks.
1 Dec 2022, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2022, 21:31 PMLooney

The tear down idea is super interesting. Increase the range, nerf the rof and give it the cone vision.

If they ended up being percieved as 'bad' due to the rate of fire nerf, perhaps they could have a bit more supression worked into their kit, instead of it being gated by an ability/munitions. Though i dunno, i could see that being quite oppressive if its done wrong, just an idea.
1 Dec 2022, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2022, 21:31 PMLooney

I would leave the ROF alone and work from there. As it would be a total of 4 secs to pack and unpack the unit will die if caught off guard or misclick which is extremely punishing which can get pulled off quite easily depending on faction or commander choice.

USF- Paths in cloak plus vision just have to wait for sniper to set up and will get the kill. M20 will get the kill as it has extra 2 secs to get some damage in before the sniper starts running.

Soviets - Counter snipe, scout car, partisans would be great at this as they can move while in cover

OST - Counter snipe, 222, cloak ability, stormtroopers have a bit more time to try and do damage

OKW - JLI same as Paths, 221, kubel would be a bit more consistent, falls

UKF - counter snipe, car, commandos

For a lot of the factions, diving your LV will be worth it and it would work as an indirect buff to a lot of the cloaking units.
1 Dec 2022, 17:26 PM
Patrion 14

If they ended up being percieved as 'bad' due to the rate of fire nerf, perhaps they could have a bit more supression worked into their kit, instead of it being gated by an ability/munitions. Though i dunno, i could see that being quite oppressive if its done wrong, just an idea.

Looking at Rumatinez reply I would for sure leave rof the same as it is. Supression dealt if it had lower rof would be cool though yeah. Getting shot at by a sniper would definitly force you to prone lol.

I would leave the ROF alone and work from there. As it would be a total of 4 secs to pack and unpack the unit will die if caught off guard or misclick which is extremely punishing which can get pulled off quite easily depending on faction or commander choice.

USF- Paths in cloak plus vision just have to wait for sniper to set up and will get the kill. M20 will get the kill as it has extra 2 secs to get some damage in before the sniper starts running.

Soviets - Counter snipe, scout car, partisans would be great at this as they can move while in cover

OST - Counter snipe, 222, cloak ability, stormtroopers have a bit more time to try and do damage

OKW - JLI same as Paths, 221, kubel would be a bit more consistent, falls

UKF - counter snipe, car, commandos

For a lot of the factions, diving your LV will be worth it and it would work as an indirect buff to a lot of the cloaking units.

You're right, rof should stay the same for sure. Thinking about it, after the first shot any good player would just avoid the sniper's line of fire. Would be such a fun unit to play with.

1 Dec 2022, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2022, 17:26 PMLooney

Looking at Rumatinez reply I would for sure leave rof the same as it is. Supression dealt if it had lower rof would be cool though yeah. Getting shot at by a sniper would definitly force you to prone lol.

Yeah, i do like the idea of them dealing very long range supression but with much, much slower ability to rack up kills, but i understand that it could be a nightmare to balance. Maybe not even suppression, squads that've been hit could maybe take a slight penalty to their accuracy for a small duration, just to simulate that the squad knows they are being lined up and therefore need to be cautious. Maybe the sniper could even NOT have a 100% chance to hit the target every time.

Bit of a pipedream... Some interesting ideas here though. I wonder if they'll just end up being exactly the same in the third game. Hopefully not.
3 Dec 2022, 11:11 AM

so I like the sound of vision cone, as well as being more static (e.g. 'firing mode' vs 'hold fire' and locked in place when firing).
Stealth is important for this unit so it should stay. That would turn it into a turret unit, which is fine I guess...

But I prefer rebranding them to have more like support unit power levels, e.g. pathfinders; but with high health damage and reduced crit, instead of being locked into a cone. They could be made more survivable too.

But both of these options suck compared to the beautiful sniper as it is now. <444>3
So it'd need to keep its high impact feeling, I love the kill counts they get.

(I'm only top 600 sov 1v1 if anyone is wondering).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★