Login

russian armor

CoH2 Summer 2021 Balance Patch - BETA

PAGES (16)down
1 Sep 2021, 07:31 AM

I hope the USF captain's On Me ability won't cause the targeted friendly squad running toward the captain, make it work similar to UKF assault officer's ability.
1 Sep 2021, 22:42 PM

Remove the reload requirement from UKF Vickers HMG Take Aim ability to compensate for lack of power. Also, increase suppression by 20%. Currently it has 2/3rds the suppression of the MG42 and about equal damage at all ranges. Increasing suppression by 20% would bring it up to 80% suppression, making it consistent. Vet 2 suppression bonus can be removed as well.

With the plethora of wiping tools UKF faces, Vet 2 is too late for any HMG to become functional.

If you check the DPS curves, the Vickers and MG-42 have the same DPS for the first 5 units, and then a VERY MILD Vickers bonus. The only reason the Vickers seems to do more damage is because it cannot suppress anything, therefore doing full damage instead of suppressed damage. It is not a higher damage MG.
2 Sep 2021, 13:05 PM

Maybe Cons reduce reinforcement cost should be passive like penal not need 7men upgrade too.
Su76 vet3 damage should increase to 160.
Should not reduce 120mm mortar auto attack range,at least should longer than 80.
Reduce Ranger and USF officer population too PLZ.
IR stg for Assault officer and fusiller too plz.
UKF IS and Eng reduce default pop by 1 PLZ,they need increase squad size have same power like other faction units.
UKF base upgrade bundle together?For T2 and T3,but limit UKF heavy tank number,same heavy tank only 1 on field,but reduce some population.
N/A
3 Sep 2021, 14:03 PM

Reinforced HMG Bunker weapon pillbox_mg42_mp has the same animation as hmg_team_mg42_mp.
Modify weapon pillbox_mg42_mp
fx_action_target_name / pintle_mg42_target => mg42_target
fx_tracer_name / pintle_mg42_tracer => mg42_tracer
Can fix the tracer effect animation.

3 Sep 2021, 14:37 PM

I there any chance we get a decent non-desert looking skin for Ace Tiger? This thing looks like some sort of abomination.
3 Sep 2021, 15:30 PM

Why not Vet1 flare for the USF mortar? It doesn't have vet1 ability and the unit is quite trashy compare to other faction equivalent, at least it would give another incentive to use it.

Since USF is the faction with the less stock reco unit (only m20) that would probably be better than the Major already overburden with many functions.
MMX
4 Sep 2021, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2021, 15:30 PMEsxile
Why not Vet1 flare for the USF mortar? It doesn't have vet1 ability and the unit is quite trashy compare to other faction equivalent, at least it would give another incentive to use it.

Since USF is the faction with the less stock reco unit (only m20) that would probably be better than the Major already overburden with many functions.

not a bad idea imho, but why not both? the mortar flare would no doubt be useful, but still rather situational compared to the more mobile major.
4 Sep 2021, 06:49 AM

Remove the reload requirement from UKF Vickers HMG Take Aim ability to compensate for lack of power. Also, increase suppression by 20%. Currently it has 2/3rds the suppression of the MG42 and about equal damage at all ranges. Increasing suppression by 20% would bring it up to 80% suppression, making it consistent. Vet 2 suppression bonus can be removed as well.

With the plethora of wiping tools UKF faces, Vet 2 is too late for any HMG to become functional.

If you check the DPS curves, the Vickers and MG-42 have the same DPS for the first 5 units, and then a VERY MILD Vickers bonus. The only reason the Vickers seems to do more damage is because it cannot suppress anything, therefore doing full damage instead of suppressed damage. It is not a higher damage MG.

Only if you allow MG 42 IAP without any requirements as can't do damage.
4 Sep 2021, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2021, 15:30 PMEsxile

I guess the lack of vision is due to the fact they melt everything. A lot of fire power lower utility. + they have a metric ton of smoke to attack positions.
4 Sep 2021, 12:59 PM

Nice "balance patch" again

4 Sep 2021, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2021, 04:52 AMMMX

not a bad idea imho, but why not both? the mortar flare would no doubt be useful, but still rather situational compared to the more mobile major.

I'm not against both, but if only one solution is to apply, Mortar looks to me a better solution.
4 Sep 2021, 23:02 PM

Just wanted to say I love the new unique appearances added for the units that didn't have one. The conscript sergeant green sash thing is awesome. Only one I can think of now that needs one is the Vickers HMG squad, maybe a bullet bandolier for them, like all the other HMG squads?

Also a pipedream but maybe at some point Ostheer Grenadiers could not be wearing a full set of camo pajamas ;) (wishful thinking)
6 Sep 2021, 20:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Just wanted to say I love the new unique appearances added for the units that didn't have one. The conscript sergeant green sash thing is awesome. Only one I can think of now that needs one is the Vickers HMG squad, maybe a bullet bandolier for them, like all the other HMG squads?

Also a pipedream but maybe at some point Ostheer Grenadiers could not be wearing a full set of camo pajamas ;) (wishful thinking)

We didn't get proper idea in time about british HMG Team, because german solution didn't apply to situation with UKF (there is no model with ammobelts for brits). But if Relic allow us to add more skins, we will try to play with brits engineer model, since it's very close to uniform of british machine gunners:

For grens...we keep it in mind, since it's one of the most common requests. But it's not high priority, due to this unit already has unique visuals

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2021, 14:03 PMN/A
Reinforced HMG Bunker weapon pillbox_mg42_mp has the same animation as hmg_team_mg42_mp.
Modify weapon pillbox_mg42_mp
fx_action_target_name / pintle_mg42_target => mg42_target
fx_tracer_name / pintle_mg42_tracer => mg42_tracer
Can fix the tracer effect animation.

This and previous suggestions about visual fixes delivered to the balance team. Thank you so much for your work and detailed descriptions! :)
7 Sep 2021, 05:52 AM

We didn't get proper idea in time about british HMG Team, because german solution didn't apply to situation with UKF (there is no model with ammobelts for brits). But if Relic allow us to add more skins, we will try to play with brits engineer model, since it's very close to uniform of british machine gunners:

For grens...we keep it in mind, since it's one of the most common requests. But it's not high priority, due to this unit already has unique visuals

This and previous suggestions about visual fixes delivered to the balance team. Thank you so much for your work and detailed descriptions! :)

Hey man, I don't know if you have noticed post 280 I posted. A no helmet royal engineer + retexture uniform may actually work. At least we know there is actually a complete head model inside their helmet. You guys can make the helmet skin transparent.
7 Sep 2021, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2021, 05:52 AMHarry

Hey man, I don't know if you have noticed post 280 I posted. A no helmet royal engineer + retexture uniform may actually work. At least we know there is actually a complete head model inside their helmet. You guys can make the helmet skin transparent.

a royal engineer model without backpack with be great, if possible. Such a models can also be used for a new heavy infantry squad.
7 Sep 2021, 06:24 AM

Yes it is possible to fix the Boys magazine. I sent this to the patch team 1,5 years ago, but it was ignored for unknown reasons:

i tried this out but it doesnt seem to work. is there anything else that have to be done ?
7 Sep 2021, 06:44 AM

i tried this out but it doesnt seem to work. is there anything else that have to be done ?

never mind, i figured it out. I have that model also set up to use G43s. I assume any magazine weapon put under boys AT rifle in the ABP file will cause the bug.
7 Sep 2021, 09:57 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

-[BUG]Icon shield the truck (left image) it is very up, compared to other units:

-[Balance] Rush Wstuka. Another work for posterity by relic:
7 Sep 2021, 11:07 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2021, 05:52 AMHarry

I can’t speak about technical part, but if it’s possible, it worth to consider
7 Sep 2021, 11:41 AM

I can’t speak about technical part, but if it’s possible, it worth to consider

Just tested this bug again, it still works.
Here is a screenshot VG mounting the 17 per,

Same thing with the SP mounting the 17 pdr.

I remember one mod features an IS-1 which is basically an IS-2 with a transparent muzzle brake. So I assume it is possible to make paint(skin) transparent. Anyway, it will be best you guys give it a try.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight