Login

russian armor

CoH2 Summer 2021 Balance Patch - BETA

PAGES (16)down
21 Aug 2021, 05:57 AM

another thing. axis mgs instant pinn most of the time on the start of burst or early in burst almost always unless u turn super quickly and that dont work always. maxim a ton of the time never pinns the first burst unless the enemy runs in deep in the cone. also the maxim dont suppress 3 units kinda close together on start of burst either like axis mgs. has it always been like this? is it fair with the big cones? axis mgs move fast to its not like it takes forever to re position them. team games there spammed so hard becuz this against allies players. yes they can be countered with smokes but they can reposition multiple of them really fast it wont take long to set up. maxim can be countered with smokes to. but the suppressing speed is insane.and sometimes ill be crawling suppressed for soooo long without even taking shots. rarely they will get up fast. how does this mechanic work ? how do u know how long u have to crawl
21 Aug 2021, 06:10 AM

120mm is same price as pack not as good tho both 340. ALSO more expensive then leig and is argueably worse. ALSO 120mm is doctrinal! in 2 commanders! if im not mistaken. why doesnt it shine over all other arty?? 120 dont have cool things like pack heat barrage and WP. or the high accuracy and shot angle like a leig. How far would a unit get from running from the noise of a leig shot compared to how far another unit will get from running away from the noise of a 120mm?? if the noise is heard and u run from the shot from these to units. you are more likely afraid of the leig cuz u wont have many steps till the shell hits close by u. the 120 u know ull be a HUGE distance away ez
21 Aug 2021, 08:24 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Would it be feasible to update the new Special Operations commander portrait for OKW?
It's clearly the most officer-based commander, with the Sturm Offizier and the Command Panther tank yet the new look is based on the wrong theme. He should be in the same visual group as the Breakthrough commander.

Please vote for your favorite :)
21 Aug 2021, 08:45 AM

Nerf ST and nerf fusssies. You see one or other almost every game agaist OKW in team games, both are OP
21 Aug 2021, 11:45 AM

I hope new commander portraits are optional.
21 Aug 2021, 12:35 PM

Snipers with a 25% movement speed penalty after firing? Why not just take them out of the game at this point? The whole point of a sniper is a high risk/high reward investment that requires constant micro. If you have to keep it behind everything because it's too risky to do anything else with this new movement penalty, no point. Just remove them from the game.

21 Aug 2021, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2021, 01:25 AMKasarov

Understood, thanks for the explanation.

By the way, now that you can modify the unit models, wouldn't it be possible to fix the AT tommies Boys rifle that has buggy magazine? It's floating in the air below the gun instead of being attached to the top of the gun (sniper is fine tho). It's a tiny detail, but for some reason it has bothered me for quite soem time now.
21 Aug 2021, 16:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2021, 14:16 PMDharx
By the way, now that you can modify the unit models, wouldn't it be possible to fix the AT tommies Boys rifle that has buggy magazine? It's floating in the air below the gun instead of being attached to the top of the gun (sniper is fine tho). It's a tiny detail, but for some reason it has bothered me for quite soem time now.

Yes it is possible to fix the Boys magazine. I sent this to the patch team 1,5 years ago, but it was ignored for unknown reasons:
21 Aug 2021, 20:42 PM

Minor bug. For some reason Close Air Support Doctrine is showing the icon for Mobile Defense Doctrine

__

Other things I've noticed: Fortified Armour Doctrine is still showing an inaccurate description as well as typos. German Infantry Doctrine says it has officers and light artillery still
22 Aug 2021, 14:21 PM

its expensive like the pack howitzer isnt it? it should be able to kill just as good at least.

No it shouldn't because the 120mm mortar is insanely durable and hard to punish and it would overly dominate over Leig and Granatenwerfer.
22 Aug 2021, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2021, 08:24 AMKasarov

Please vote for your favorite :)

Thank you for your reply to my feedback.

As it happens the link is broken, this is the corrent one: https://www.coh2.org/topic/109223/vote-on-new-okw-specops-portrait
22 Aug 2021, 15:07 PM

The Sturmpioneer change to veterancy is good, but the real issue of the Sturmpioneers is managing to reach vet 2 before the escalation of mainline dps and arrival of CP2 elites cripples your chances of using Sturmpioneers on the field.
If it's possible, if the rule of keeping vet 1 as just a single ability unlock must be necessarily observed, the experience requirements should be lowered, even if that means delaying the repair bonus to vet 4.
Managing to bring non Panzershreck Sturmpioneers to vet 3 by late game still depends entirely on specific matchups, what units the enemy fields, the map,..

There's several other issues with leftover and unfitting veterancy bonuses for OKW.
The Volksgrenadiers get passive healing by vet 5, and more sight in cover by vet 4, both left overs from previous iterations of the faction.
22 Aug 2021, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2021, 22:58 PMXARDAS
40mm Bofors AA Emplacement

Population from 8 to 6

Reason?

otherwise does not fit through the door 🤣🤷‍♀️
22 Aug 2021, 18:11 PM

does the bofor and brits heavy atgun need to be a really big target? weapon crews dont miss them at all. can we shrink the unit a little bit its way bigger then tanks
22 Aug 2021, 18:42 PM

does the bofor and brits heavy atgun need to be a really big target? weapon crews dont miss them at all. can we shrink the unit a little bit its way bigger then tanks

The hitbox and the graphic representation are not the same.

If something look big on the screen it does not necessarily mean that the hitbox is equally big.
23 Aug 2021, 10:54 AM

Some extra feedback on the details of the new portraits:

I've been thinking that the two shirt & tie variants for certain classes of OST and OKW commanders could be adjusted. While having two variants is interesting, I feel that certain commanders should have the tidier look and others the messier look.

For example:

This is the one I consider the "messier" look and I think it fits well considering the grittiness of their faces.

But in these cases:

I'd have preferred to see the first two get the "tidier" and the Assault Gren commander get the "messier" look, a tidier uniform fits the old officers better than the young one. It's a lot more formal for the older officers this way. The AssGren commander's original portrait is gritty and that aspect could carry over with the slanted hat + "messier" shirt/tie option. Right now he looks perfect, while the other two senior officers have become ragged. I would swap this aesthetic.

Also, I would swap the Spearhead's slanted hat as it looks too fashionable for older officers with the straight version seen on the third portrait's AssGren commander. The slanted officer hat is mostly on young-looking portraits such as the Luftwaffe Supply and the Elite Armor doctrines, and it looks like a fashion statement. To me it looks a little silly over a battle-hardened, older officer face like the one of Spearhead. He used to look like a warrior, now he looks very close to a civilian.

EDIT: The Assault Support commander, the second groups middle one, could have his iron cross be more visible as he's one of the Field Officer commander. I suppose it is supposed to be carried by that red ribbon, but it might as well not exist as it is invisible compared to the other officer doctrines of OST.
24 Aug 2021, 01:08 AM

AVRE and Sturmtiger also both need to be looked at, otherwise every 2v2 game is going to be these two wiping squads back and forth constantly. AVRE buffs are mental just like the Sturmtiger was last patch. Doubt anything will be done though seeing as they love ignoring feedback from just about everybody regardless.
26 Aug 2021, 07:51 AM

There's some small commander changes I think should be considered, given this might be the last patch

OSTHEER
The patch will make Lightning War the winner, already the second most popular 1vs1 doctrine, it will feature the newly buffed 11 CP Tiger and Stuka Close Air Support. It will be the next Jeager Infantry, but with Tiger instead of JCS.

USF
Infantry Company has ToT and the Priest, the m21 halftrack is redundant. The doctrine is not bad but competes with 2 overall better Calliope doctrines. Replacing the m21 halftracks with the m3 assault halftrack would give it far better synergy with lmg riflemen.
At the same time the m21 could be moved to Rifle Company and replace the m3.

Recon Support Company airdropped combat group should be replaced by a normal paratrooper call in. The Pack Howie drop makes it extremely restrictive to use, especially to replace some lost infantry units in late game

OKW
Feuersturm has fallen from grace even harder now and Special Operations was nerfed heavily in the last patch.

Opel blitz being replaced by Valiant Assault will go a long way in increasing the appeal of the Feuersturm.
Special Operations could get the opel blitz
26 Aug 2021, 09:04 AM

120mm is same price as pack not as good tho both 340. ALSO more expensive then leig and is argueably worse. ALSO 120mm is doctrinal! in 2 commanders! if im not mistaken. why doesnt it shine over all other arty?? 120 dont have cool things like pack heat barrage and WP. or the high accuracy and shot angle like a leig. How far would a unit get from running from the noise of a leig shot compared to how far another unit will get from running away from the noise of a 120mm?? if the noise is heard and u run from the shot from these to units. you are more likely afraid of the leig cuz u wont have many steps till the shell hits close by u. the 120 u know ull be a HUGE distance away ez

Overnerfed, no reason build 120mm.
Range was last advantage, now is better choose standard cheaper and low pop non-doc mortar.
MMX
26 Aug 2021, 09:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2021, 09:04 AMAradan

Overnerfed, no reason build 120mm.
Range was last advantage, now is better choose standard cheaper and low pop non-doc mortar.

the auto-attack hasn't really been the selling point of the 120mm anyways, especially after the most recent buff to its barrage. the latter also keeps the superior range, so i don't see how these changes are "overnerfs" in any way.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS