Login

russian armor

SU-76 buff?

PAGES (8)down
4 Aug 2021, 02:58 AM

I mainly play Teamgames, but here's my 2 cents:

I think it could warrant another mobility buff, mainly to acceleration and rotation.
That would cement it as an alternate tank destroyer for the soviets; a nimble speedster.

Maybe also reduce its barrage cooldown to 10 seconds after barrage finishes. That would allow it to fulfill the Multirole tag line a bit better. (as long as you feed it Munitions)

This way depending on your playstyle you get to choose:

Do you want Recon+ a rugged pile of DPS and HP? SU85
Do you want speed and mobility, and Muni barrages? Su76.
Do you want a heavy-TD multirole? ISU152

Like how Axis players can choose between
Tank Destroyers (stug/miniJag),
Panthers,
heavy TD (elephant/BigJag),

soviet players would also have 3 choices for anti-tank playstyle.
4 Aug 2021, 08:33 AM

I think it could warrant another mobility buff, mainly to acceleration and rotation.
That would cement it as an alternate tank destroyer for the soviets; a nimble speedster.

Maybe also reduce its barrage cooldown to 10 seconds after barrage finishes. That would allow it to fulfill the Multirole tag line a bit better. (as long as you feed it Munitions)

This way depending on your playstyle you get to choose:

Do you want Recon+ a rugged pile of DPS and HP? SU85
Do you want speed and mobility, and Muni barrages? Su76.
Do you want a heavy-TD multirole? ISU152

Like how Axis players can choose between
Tank Destroyers (stug/miniJag),
Panthers,
heavy TD (elephant/BigJag),

soviet players would also have 3 choices for anti-tank playstyle.

Yeah I've also come around to the idea of making it more agile as opposed to increasing its AT.
4 Aug 2021, 09:40 AM

good change, because you'll lose out on munitions even faster, but yeah it would be useful to have a barrage on hand, seeing how ez is to dodge it
4 Aug 2021, 10:09 AM

Su-76 already has faster rotation compared to other casemate TDs and even get faster rotation and acceleration with vet.
4 Aug 2021, 13:52 PM

Dont know if any 1 posted this, as su needs ai much then at at t3 make it an ai vehicle primaraly a.k.a light stug e/licht brumbar. Keep the 60 range because how fragile it is (or give it a hp and armour buff and put it at 50/55 range) remove the barrage and replace it with (creeping) smoke barrage for 40 or 50 muni Have the vet1 abilitie become at mode with current pen but 160 damage.

This way t3 becomes an ai tier as some1 posted before with a at mode behind vet1 in the su76.
4 Aug 2021, 14:49 PM

I've been a match as Axis and our Panther/Tiger is out numbered by Allied TD (like 4 of ours vs 7 of theirs).
With the help of an SU85 sight for other TDs poke us really even not in a fight, you know when your Tiger sitting their and suddenly 4-5 TDs surprisingly shoot it.

This is when I told my team mate to change strat. Which was using Puma & Stug.

And this is when SU76 come into play for their cheaper & longer range.
5 Aug 2021, 01:29 AM

what a bunch of bullshit on this thread, SU-76 is fine as it is considering timing and price, what is broken is the stug that overperforms like mad thus making the SU looks bad in comparison.
Pip
5 Aug 2021, 02:35 AM

Alternate suggestion: Stop trying to change/buff its' AT performance, and instead turn it into an unit similar to the Scott/Stug-E.
5 Aug 2021, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2021, 02:35 AMPip
Alternate suggestion: Stop trying to change/buff its' AT performance, and instead turn it into an unit similar to the Scott/Stug-E.

That's what I think may be the way to go. It's good stop gap AT but the su85 is there for hard late game AT, so let the su76 scale alternately.
Pip
5 Aug 2021, 16:40 PM

That's what I think may be the way to go. It's good stop gap AT but the su85 is there for hard late game AT, so let the su76 scale alternately.

It might actually genuinely compete with the T-70 for usefulness if this were the case, too... The fact that it competes for its timing with the T-70 (and that the T-70 is almost always more optimal) hurts the SU-76 as much as anything else.
6 Aug 2021, 19:11 PM

The barrage ability should not be a 30 muni ability, it's been nerfed over and over again. The barrage ability should have its cost cut in half for both the Zis and SU. If it isn't buffed in price, return its effectiveness.
Pip
7 Aug 2021, 02:47 AM

The barrage ability should not be a 30 muni ability, it's been nerfed over and over again. The barrage ability should have its cost cut in half for both the Zis and SU. If it isn't buffed in price, return its effectiveness.

Especially on the ZiS the Barrage is perfectly effective. It absolutely doesn't need a price cut.
10 Aug 2021, 22:37 PM

I have seen several instances of the su-76 in both my games and in that of other people by now. I got to say that it is a pretty underwhelming vehicle, confirming my previous beliefs on it.

It lacks dps and durability, even the range aside, the stug completely destroys this machine (and can straight up rush into it). In conclusion, you delay t-4 and a t-70, all for a low damage cannon. Not worth getting.
10 Aug 2021, 23:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2021, 22:37 PMKatukov
I have seen several instances of the su-76 in both my games and in that of other people by now. I got to say that it is a pretty underwhelming vehicle, confirming my previous beliefs on it.

It lacks dps and durability, even the range aside, the stug completely destroys this machine (and can straight up rush into it). In conclusion, you delay t-4 and a t-70, all for a low damage cannon. Not worth getting.

I use the SU-76 regularly, and I think it complements perfectly with t1 penal builds. In games where you are kinda low on fuel, you can slowly but surely get multiple SU-76, and I think they are devastating in groups of 3-4 because then you have a "tank blob" that will effectively trade in most fights, because if the enemy attacks you and loses a tank, usually you will not lose more than one SU76.

If fuel income is good, however, I would just tech straight for T34 and SU85 of course. Or get one only so enemy p4 rush doesnt push you off the map
11 Aug 2021, 00:21 AM

I use the SU-76 regularly, and I think it complements perfectly with t1 penal builds. In games where you are kinda low on fuel, you can slowly but surely get multiple SU-76, and I think they are devastating in groups of 3-4 because then you have a "tank blob" that will effectively trade in most fights, because if the enemy attacks you and loses a tank, usually you will not lose more than one SU76.

If fuel income is good, however, I would just tech straight for T34 and SU85 of course. Or get one only so enemy p4 rush doesnt push you off the map

Its simply a stop gap tank. It is worse stats wise than the zis-3 for AT, and the barrage is not a saving grace in my eyes, the cooldown is pretty long

penals should just get a dedicated ptrs squad, seeing as how 222s have some time before the su-76 comes around. I wish that the unit was slightly stronger, the fragility is fine, but the firepower leaves something to be desired. Hell, veterancy should give it full zis-3 stats and/or cheaper barrage, so it actually becomes rewarding to keep these shits alive.

the stug is 15 fuel more expensive, but inherits full pak-40 stats at vet 0. The su-76 gets less penetration and damage than the zis-3 does, veterancy doesn't make up for it entirely, either. Maybe i should just let it go and make 2 su-85s instead, who knows
11 Aug 2021, 01:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2021, 00:21 AMKatukov

the stug is 15 fuel more expensive, but inherits full pak-40 stats at vet 0. The su-76 gets less penetration and damage than the zis-3 does, veterancy doesn't make up for it entirely, either. Maybe i should just let it go and make 2 su-85s instead, who knows

SU-76 has 60 meters weapon range, same like AT guns and allies tank destroyers. That is its big selling point for such a cheap tank. The StuG has only 50 range.

The damage is lower(120 stock, 140 at vet 2), yes, but if it had the full 160 damage, it would legit be busted OP for the price
11 Aug 2021, 02:00 AM

SU-76 has 60 meters weapon range, same like AT guns and allies tank destroyers. That is its big selling point for such a cheap tank. The StuG has only 50 range.

The damage is lower(120 stock, 140 at vet 2), yes, but if it had the full 160 damage, it would legit be busted OP for the price

60 range, but it immediately loses engagements if the enemy decides to close in. Would the damage be busted? possibly, but if you reach vet 3 with it, you might as well deserve the full 160, you earned it.

However, the better solution is to address the lack of reliable anti-infantry damage. The su-76 would do good with having a kv-2 lite siege mode, where it becomes immobile, but lobs HE shells instead of AP shells, letting you have a general purpose support weapon, that can ideally be used at all stages of the game effectively. we aren't the wehrmacht, so the su-76 will have to unsiege for a few moments, before it becomes mobile again, and it cant fire while setting up, that would make it balanced indeed.

(wehrmacht hulldown in fortified armor already exists, so i see no reason why this shouldn't either)
11 Aug 2021, 05:06 AM

I see a few suggestions for a siege mode. I think the easiest solution that's in line with that suggestion is just to make it's barrage free again. The barrage already got nerfed and you could add a higher cool down that goes down with vet. I'd buy it for that alone
11 Aug 2021, 05:07 AM

I wouldnt make barrage free. Cheaper, yes.
11 Aug 2021, 07:12 AM

Cheaper barrage, more mobility, damage to 140

those seem to be the popular suggestions
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak