Login

russian armor

The state of Sturmtiger

PAGES (17)down
18 Jul 2021, 03:36 AM

Was playing a fairly serious game as UKF earlier on La Gleize (tons of shot blockers) and on one occasion 2 out of 3 vetted squads were wiped by the thing. But it had been rolling around for a while and I heard it moving into position to boot so I could only blame myself for that. A lot of one shots on the Allied team but predictable approaches and if I was awake we'd have that thing vaporised. In any case, after SPGs flattened the repair HQs we didn't see it for a long LONG time.
18 Jul 2021, 05:10 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Regardless of how powerful its main attack is, the Grenades ability is super good and quite frustrating to play against, even after firing it is still capable of shredding squads due to auto targeting grenades. And everything in the Commander is extremely good, like the AP rounds that lets King Tigers 2 shot Tank Destroyers (If I'm not mistaken) and lets Pumas 1v1's Shermans and Jacksons. The Tank Commander ability is a pretty great way of cheaply killing Howitzers and getting great engagements vs AT guns that have to flee.
18 Jul 2021, 05:58 AM

like the AP rounds that lets King Tigers 2 shot Tank Destroyers (If I'm not mistaken)

Not quite, it gives the Tiger II 240*1.3=312 damage per shot while TDs and medium tanks have 640 hitpoints.
18 Jul 2021, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2021, 09:41 AMMMX

Basically this means there is a 4th distance threshold for the AoE of a projectile (AoE n/m/f/max). For some units, such as the AVRE, the far and max AoE radii are the same, for others the max AoE radius is significantly larger (e.g. the ST with an AoE far and max radius of 8 and 14 m, respectively).

I'd like to update the table with stats, do you know the damage at max range and how it behaves after 8m? Or is it just 44 at 8m and 0 at 14?
MMX
18 Jul 2021, 18:53 PM

I'd like to update the table with stats, do you know the damage at max range and how it behaves after 8m? Or is it just 44 at 8m and 0 at 14?

Yeah it should be 44 at both 8 m and 14 m, meaning the damage stays constant between these points and is zero anywhere beyond 14 m. A bit counterintuitive, but that's how I found it to work after running some tests a while ago (more details here).
18 Jul 2021, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2021, 18:53 PMMMX

Yeah it should be 44 at both 8 m and 14 m, meaning the damage stays constant between these points and is zero anywhere beyond 14 m. A bit counterintuitive, but that's how I found it to work after running some tests a while ago (more details here).

Thank you for the info. Just updated the stats.

offtopic:
By any chance, do you have any info about repair speeds of assault engies, cons/penals and automatons?
18 Jul 2021, 19:23 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I'll post the link when it's up, but in AE's New Battlegrounds tournament final there was a game where Kimbo won the game because of the sturmtiger.

It let Kimbo wipe individual squads and push at guns. It was exciting to watch but I've played games like that too. I'm going tit-for-tat with my opponent and things are generally balanced or even slightly in my favour... but then my opponent brings out a sturmtiger and I start losing squads one by one.

Frankly, I don't think that units like this or abilities should be in the game. They're not fun and, while they're not instant-win buttons, they make things frustrating.
19 Jul 2021, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2021, 01:59 AMFarlion
The Strumtiger is very bad.

Very bad? Please hook me up with your drug dealer

Should of added some other penalty to replace the de-crew mechanic. You can be so much more aggressive with it now, it's so silly

AVRE and ST really shouldn't be in the game imo. They're dumb units to have in a game that is entirely built around preserving squads
19 Jul 2021, 15:50 PM

The Sturmtiger is overperforming by a large margin. It is picked in almost every teamgame. It arrives early, wipes squads from the fog of war, is super durable, fast and rather manoeuvrable, is cheap for what it does, and worst of all it's not fun to play against at all.

The unit, due to all of the above, taxes the micro on the opposing side, while opening up for rather simple attacks from the owning player. It is super difficult to dodge all the time, therefore it is only a matter of time before you lose your vettet infantry or team weapons. In all honesty, it is ruining the game at the moment.
19 Jul 2021, 16:11 PM

I see ST every game in 4v4 for a couple of week by now. It is very sweaty to go again it in good hand but at the same time many bad player i met try to rush for it as their fist vehicle which give me and team good chance to round up the match beforehand. Furthermore, st being good somewhat pull okw player away from cancer forty and overwatch, which offer us more chance to play with other doc than dedicated counter Lefh.

I feed the Commander patch has made a positive change. 90% of my game pre-patch is royal artillery, now i can actually have change to play other commander without being fu**ed the same way every time.

Otherwise, i think the st can be roll back to being stationary while reload and i can bear with it.
19 Jul 2021, 16:20 PM

Otherwise, i think the st can be roll back to being stationary while reload and i can bear with it.

This. Or make it so that taking damage while reloading restarts the reload from the beginning

I can't believe they removed the de-crew penalty without some kind of replacement. Obviously it was too punishing but now it's just way too easy to use
MMX
19 Jul 2021, 17:15 PM

This. Or make it so that taking damage while reloading restarts the reload from the beginning.

Requiring the ST to remain stationary while reloading would be my preferred solution as well. Easy to implement and forcing a bit more strategic thought when and where to press the reload button as it will leave the tank a sitting duck for about a minute. Not sure if resetting the timer upon taking damage is possible, but a bit of extra damage during reload might do the trick already.
20 Jul 2021, 04:53 AM

Regardless of how powerful its main attack is, the Grenades ability is super good and quite frustrating to play against, even after firing it is still capable of shredding squads due to auto targeting grenades. And everything in the Commander is extremely good, like the AP rounds that lets King Tigers 2 shot Tank Destroyers (If I'm not mistaken) and lets Pumas 1v1's Shermans and Jacksons. The Tank Commander ability is a pretty great way of cheaply killing Howitzers and getting great engagements vs AT guns that have to flee.

This commander is OP as shit and has way too many powerful abilities that can completely flip around a game.
20 Jul 2021, 22:22 PM

The Sturmtiger seems to be overperforming in team games, from what I can tell. The damage, sure, is pretty decent. But the worst part is the suppression. Have you tested it? It covers like half the screen!!!!!

Someone needs to tone that down. It is actually mind-boggling.
21 Jul 2021, 02:34 AM

Jesus christ. Make a post about mortar pits being OP aswell. Or what about the comet? I see them mass spammed in all my games. So if the axis side uses a unit “too much” it’s being considered OP and has to be adjusted right away?
21 Jul 2021, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 02:34 AMQmotion
Jesus christ. Make a post about mortar pits being OP aswell. Or what about the comet? I see them mass spammed in all my games. So if the axis side uses a unit “too much” it’s being considered OP and has to be adjusted right away?

If you can win around 50/50 playing against the same skill level then it's balanced, those things have counters. There's really no counter for storm tiger rn lmao.
21 Jul 2021, 03:20 AM

feels slightly Strong.
I think Sturmtiger can be nerfed like this

165 fuel to 175 fuel
8cp to 9cp as same as Churchill AVRE
20 munies to 35~45 munies for NAHVW grenade launcher
21 Jul 2021, 11:53 AM

feels slightly Strong.

165 fuel to 175 fuel

+1.
Maybe increase the cooldown too. At the moment you can just start the reload one second after the shot, cause you dont get vehicle abandon anymore.
21 Jul 2021, 15:50 PM

feels slightly Strong.

165 fuel to 175 fuel

this won't fix it. While bringing it to 35 range at all vet and 35 sight might be enough.

But I'd rather see both AVRE and ST nerfed to be suboptimal units ASAP. Honestly ST meta is quite depressing.
21 Jul 2021, 16:00 PM

this won't fix it. While bringing it to 35 range at all vet and 35 sight might be enough.

But I'd rather see both AVRE and ST nerfed to be suboptimal units ASAP. Honestly ST meta is quite depressing.

the AVRE is fine as it is

if the AVRE had sturmtiger stats, UKF would be the highest winrate faction, straight up
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 17
Germany 7
unknown 3
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W