Login

russian armor

What could be done about engineer vet

8 Jul 2021, 08:47 AM

Don't see why that's necessary, especially if the shared vet is locked behind t4

Some factions would have a better end game repair bonus than other factions, but I really don't see a problem with that. Standardisation and making everything the same is really killing the game.
8 Jul 2021, 11:41 AM

Some factions would have a better end game repair bonus than other factions, but I really don't see a problem with that. Standardisation and making everything the same is really killing the game.

Hear hear. Many SOV players also use the repair station so it's not as big a problem for SOV. Looking at you double CE flamers.

I don't think sweeper/dedicated repair units should really be expected to do much damage anyway, aside from the Pzgrens-in-disguise. They are providing battlefield presence by getting your vehicles back onto the frontline quicker.
8 Jul 2021, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2021, 08:44 AMVipper

EFA engineer would better at repairs with a smaller investment.

No they wouldn't, the bonus would be locked behind t4

Even if that were true why would it be a problem? The WFA engineers have plenty of other advantages, and their factions have better repairs already

Hear hear. Many SOV players also use the repair station so it's not as big a problem for SOV.

Lol what?
8 Jul 2021, 12:34 PM

Lol what?

You've never done 3v3+ and one SOV player has 3+ repair stations out? I think the record I've seen is 6 or 7.
8 Jul 2021, 12:42 PM

You've never done 3v3+ and one SOV player has 3+ repair stations out? I think the record I've seen is 6 or 7.

Oh I've seen it before. But nowhere near often enough to qualify as "many Soviet players"

The crew repair ability is much more common, and its on one of the best commanders (guard motor). Soviets have a bunch of doc repairs but so does everyone. WFA have better repairs stock is the reason for the change
8 Jul 2021, 13:04 PM

No they wouldn't, the bonus would be locked behind t4

Yes they would.

Check repair speeds pls.

Even if that were true why would it be a problem? The WFA engineers have plenty of other advantages, and their factions have better repairs already

Because EFA would get more by investing less. EFA armies where given buff with sweeper repair speed bonus they simply do not need more.

PLS try to keep your comments specific "their factions have better repairs already" does not really say much.
8 Jul 2021, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2021, 13:04 PMVipper

Yes they would.

Check repair speeds pls.

No, you misunderstood. I'm saying it wouldn't be less investment, not that it wouldn't be faster

This is literally why you lock it behind t4...

PLS try to keep your comments specific "their factions have better repairs already" does not really say much.

It says exactly what it says, they currently have better repairs

USF have crews on top of their engineers, OKW can get the mech HQ repair station on top of their engineers. Brits can get extra man on engineers, can upgrade their repairs further with one of their t4 paths

All the while all 3 of those factions engineers can have MUCH better combat after equipping a sweeper
8 Jul 2021, 13:34 PM

No, you misunderstood. I'm saying it wouldn't be less investment, not that it wouldn't be faster

This is literally why you lock it behind t4...

Looking at T4 as an investment to engineers is weird way of looking of thing but rather irrelevant.

Point is that EFA would have access to far more cost efficient repair engineer since the unit would cost less and yet be able to repair at similar speed.

It says exactly what it says, they currently have better repairs

USF have crews on top of their engineers, OKW can get the mech HQ repair station on top of their engineers. Brits can get extra man on engineers, can upgrade their repairs further with one of their t4 paths

I am not sure what you mean by better since:

OKW mech truck has a cost and a tech choice attached
UKF heavy sapper have a munition cost and a tech choice attached

so they are not really more cost efficient.

All the while all 3 of those factions engineers can have MUCH better combat after equipping a sweeper

Not really unless they also equip a weapons. Sweeper should take up 1 weapon slot for WFA but that is another story.

On the other hand EFA can equip flamer without a doc and have other perk as well.

There was a time that WFA had more cost efficient repair speeds but that is simply not the case any more after the repair speed patch.

EFA simply do not need shared veterancy and minesweeper repair boost, since the are fine.

8 Jul 2021, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2021, 13:34 PMVipper

Looking at T4 as an investment to engineers is weird way of looking of thing but rather irrelevant.

It's not weird at all, especially for EFA as both of them literally already have infantry bonuses that unlock with t4...

Point is that EFA would have access to far more cost efficient repair engineer since the unit would cost less and yet be able to repair at similar speed.

After t4 is built. You still haven't said why that's a problem. It's locked behind t4 specifically to prevent it from being too efficient

And the other engineers still have other advantages, especially in combat

I am not sure what you mean by better since:

OKW mech truck has a cost and a tech choice attached
UKF heavy sapper have a munition cost and a tech choice attached

so they are not really more cost efficient.

If I meant cost efficient, I wouldve said cost efficient. They are better in that they exist in the first place. EFA has nothing to boost repairs stock aside from sweeper upgrade (besides veterancy, which all 5 engineers get)

Not really unless they also equip a weapons

Yeah exactly. They can still equip weapons, after equipping a sweeper. Helps them Vet up much faster hence the existence of this thread
8 Jul 2021, 14:14 PM

I have yet not seen a single argument why EFA engineer need a buff in their repair speed/shared vet.

I have clearly explained my point of view so at this point we will simply have to agree to disagree, have a good one.
8 Jul 2021, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2021, 14:14 PMVipper

I have yet not seen a single argument why EFA engineer need a buff in their repair speed/shared vet.

The thread is literally filled with them, but you do you
8 Jul 2021, 17:16 PM

I thought the whole point of giving EFA repair speed boost with minesweeper upgrade was to address this issue of not vetting easily. I don't think it's an issue that requires further buffs - your starting engineer unit usually gets a decent amount of vet before vehicles arrive (if you preserve it). Additional Engineers can get the minesweeper ASAP and usually get enough Vet here and there shooting at Vet 3 squads to eventually hit Vet 2 even if it's not fast.
8 Jul 2021, 20:26 PM

I thought the whole point of giving EFA repair speed boost with minesweeper upgrade was to address this issue of not vetting easily

I think it had more to do with EFA having no other way of boosting repairs stock besides vet 2. And WFA engineers also get the vet 2 bonus, even though they already have other means of increasing repair speed on their stock roster
8 Jul 2021, 21:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it had more to do with EFA having no other way of boosting repairs stock besides vet 2. And WFA engineers also get the vet 2 bonus, even though they already have other means of increasing repair speed on their stock roster

The vet bonus for WFA is way smaller though.

From what I see the sweeper repair bonus does make mostly sense in terms of giving them that early repair boost right out of the gate that OKW also gains with the sweeper upgrade and UKF with bolster (USF does not really need their echelons for repairs anyway).
I disagree with Vipper though that in case of shared vet the sweeper bonus must be removed. WFA can get their pios vetted via combat, while EFA pioneers are practically combat incapable after the upgrade.
8 Jul 2021, 21:12 PM

The vet bonus for WFA is way smaller though.

Only because it's not needed as much

WFA can get their pios vetted via combat, while EFA pioneers are practically combat incapable after the upgrade.

That's the main reason for the change. It has more to do with how capable other engineers are after the sweeper upgrade than it does with anything else
8 Jul 2021, 21:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Only because it's not needed as much

That's the main reason for the change. It has more to do with how capable other engineers are after the sweeper upgrade than it does with anything else

I guess that is two sides of the same coin.
8 Jul 2021, 22:56 PM

Also keep in mind that Combat Engineers and Pioneers are not as combat efficient as other Engineers. It would be a fair trade to allow them to repair better.

USF - Rear Echelons can be given Bazookas for easy leveling. They also get 5th Squad Member at Vet 3 which also increases repair speed on top of the Vet 2 bonus

UKF - Royal Engineers - 5th Man with Upgrade which increases Repair Speed, as well as the Anvil Upgrade which also increases repair speed as well as having bonus repair speed with Vet. Also significantly easier to level due to Piats/Brens

OKW - Sturm Pioneers - Extremely Strong combat unit right at the start of the game, will destroy most units close range, Can get MineSweepers and Toggle them on/off so they dont lose combat potential as well as Panzershreck later on for easy leveling vs vehicles.

This leaves Soviets and Whermacht with by far the worst Engineers in the game in terms of combat potential and overall usefulness.

Having Shared Vet added is perfectly reasonable for these 2 factions. Especially if it comes at T3/T4 or even as a paid research option. This would make up for the lack of combat potential compared to other factions.
9 Jul 2021, 08:03 AM

- just nevermind.

Totally agree with Kurobane.
9 Jul 2021, 09:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

OKW - Sturm Pioneers - Extremely Strong combat unit right at the start of the game, will destroy most units close range, Can get MineSweepers and Toggle them on/off so they dont lose combat potential as well as Panzershreck later on for easy leveling vs vehicles.

To add to this, Sturmpioneers already get a repair bonus with the sweeper upgrade additionally to the veterancy buff. In the mod files there is also a small extra buff for the combination of sweeper and veterancy.
9 Jul 2021, 10:37 AM

One should simply not expect a 170MP+30 MU unnit to perform the same with 210MP+120MU unit...

Getting more than one engineer as EFA is actually more viable strategy than using more than one as WFA.

If there is a need for EFA engineer to gain veterancy via means other than combat they should gain by building things that have a cost.

The change that is actually needed is the minesweeper should actually take a weapon slot and so should the Vickers K
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
Peru 14
United Kingdom 44
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W