Login

russian armor

What could be done about engineer vet

7 Jul 2021, 15:39 PM

I´m talking about those engineer with minesweeper you get to repair tanks.
The problem is they never get vet and if you send them into battle it´s a suicide mission for them.

Maybe if engineer upgraded with minesweeper should get vet for repairing?
7 Jul 2021, 15:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They should get vet for actually sweeping mines, but I am not sure if that can be done.
7 Jul 2021, 16:16 PM

They should get vet for actually sweeping mines, but I am not sure if that can be done.

It cannot be done with the current modding tools. Even if it could it wouldnt be enough to Vet up engineers.

Basically you have to use them in every engagement at the start of the match for them to be able to gain vet before upgrading to the minesweeper upgrade.

This is really only an issue with Soviets and Whermact. Combat Engineers (despite the name) are terrible in combat and should probably get shared veterancy once the 7th man upgrade for conscripts is unlocked.

Something similar could be done with Pioneers where once you unlock T3/T4 they can get shared vet to keep them upgraded.
7 Jul 2021, 16:18 PM

It cannot be done with the current modding tools. Even if it could it wouldnt be enough to Vet up engineers.

Basically you have to use them in every engagement at the start of the match for them to be able to gain vet before upgrading to the minesweeper upgrade.

This is really only an issue with Soviets and Whermact. Combat Engineers (despite the name) are terrible in combat and should probably get shared veterancy once the 7th man upgrade for conscripts is unlocked.

Something similar could be done with Pioneers where once you unlock T3/T4 they can get shared vet to keep them upgraded.

Combat engineer are far from terrible in combat. Early flamer and merge allow them to fight in the early stage of the game.
7 Jul 2021, 16:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2021, 16:18 PMVipper

Combat engineer are far from terrible in combat. Early flamer and merge allow them to fight in the early stage of the game.

The flame thrower has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
It is about minesweeper engineers not being able to vet
7 Jul 2021, 16:37 PM

The flame thrower has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
It is about minesweeper engineers not being able to vet

Even if one does not upgrade with flamer one can use merge to help CE vet early.

They are easier to vet than most other engineer units in the early game before "raks" unlock.

They are close to conscripts when it comes to early fights.
7 Jul 2021, 16:39 PM

Maybe if engineer upgraded with minesweeper should get vet for repairing?

Before you go on a rant showing your axis bias (I like how you didn't mention Pioneers) read the post from OP. He is clearly talking about mine sweepers.

Since you obviously haven't played Allies you can't get flamers and mine sweepers. I expected better from you than this Vipper.

Though I do agree with you that Flamers are not terrible however without any upgrades Combat Engineers are horrible the topic was about getting vet for mine sweepers.

7 Jul 2021, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2021, 16:45 PMVipper

You are the one ranting (and showing your own bias).

CE as very close to Conscripts in combat stat per entity. There are simply not "terrible/horrible" as you claim.

Apparently merge makes SOV engie with a sweeper a decent combat unit.

Perhaps one of the possible approaches is to give a unit with minesweeper shared vet. Especially this is an issue for OST and SOV.
7 Jul 2021, 17:29 PM

CE as very close to Conscripts in combat stat per entity. There are simply not "terrible/horrible" as you claim.

They certainly more cost efficient than pioneer/Ro.E. in early combat and they can be supported by merge.

The fact that you resort in (false) personal comments is a very strong indication that you lack arguments to back up your claims so I will not even bother to respond to them.

It costs 21 MP to reinforce Combat Engineers.
It costs 20 MP to reinforce Conscripts.

What player is going to sacrifice a functioning combat squad on the field to Merge into Combat Engineers to save 1 MP.

So you are arguing that Soviets should lose field presence by merging Conscripts into Combat Engineers.

As intelligent as you try to make your arguments sound it becomes clearer by the day that you are simply just flat out terrible at the game which would explain why anything Allies related (evident by your recent lack of mention on Pioneers and jumping on the anti soviet bandwagon) you jump for nerfs. During the Commander Patch preview you were literally in every single allied thread calling for nerfs but were strangely silent when it came to Axis nerfs. I am not trying to slander you by stating something false, literally almost half the threads on COH2.org is Katitof vs Vipper and most of the time it is you spewing out verbal diaherra. I honestly feel bad about the moderators on this forum every time it turns into a Katitof vs Vipper thread.

(In Case you forgot, I don't see a single mention of Pioneers in your post but those who are biased often fail to see their own bias and tend to live in their own world also reading comprehension is fundamental)

Now back to the topic at hand before Vipper attempted to derail the topic, wether or not Combat Engineers had similar combat stats to conscripts doesn't make it any less painful to gain Veterancy which was the whole point of OP's thread. Combat Engineers don't win against anything unless they are in Green Cover and against Pioneers max range who happen to just sit there afk hence why I stated Combat Engineers are terrible but again that is not what this is about.

7 Jul 2021, 17:31 PM

Apparently merge makes SOV engie with a sweeper a decent combat unit.

Perhaps one of the possible approaches is to give a unit with minesweeper shared vet. Especially this is an issue for OST and SOV.

Shared vet sounds great for SOV/OST, OKW doesn't really need it. USF would be kind of funny, RET can still pick up 2 zooks with the upgrade so they could VET up quickly. It could even lead to meme builds, several minesweeper RET with early bars blobbing around sharing that sweet sweet VET.
7 Jul 2021, 17:35 PM

is that even a problem?Right now you pay 60 ammo for flamer + extra repair speed bonus later in game,or you pay 30 for minesweeping and wire cutting(with is viable now after sandbags fix)

Merging for CE works, not as fast as flamethrower but still, works
OST pioneers are good in some matchups and can get vet themself,also they have 5th model upgrade that doesn't lock their minesweeper

i think they good as they are now
7 Jul 2021, 17:36 PM

They certainly more cost efficient than pioneer/Ro.E. in early combat and they can be supported by merge.

The fact that you resort in (false) personal comments is a very strong indication that you lack arguments to back up your claims so I will not even bother to respond to them.

When are you planning on addressing the topic? Sweeper pios and sweeper CEs struggle to gain vet

Compared to western engineers, which can equip sweepers with other weapons/stow away their sweeper, the limits of EFA sweeper engineers are outdated and should be addressed. Repair speed bonus was a nice addition, they should get a little more tho imo

If we can't do Vet for engineering tasks, something else should be done. Shared veterancy after a certain tier unlock could work
7 Jul 2021, 17:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

[To bring this thread back to topic]
A shame that sweeping cannot be awarded with XP.
I assume it is then the same thing for repairing as suggested by OP?

Shared vet might be a decent idea too.
7 Jul 2021, 18:45 PM

[To bring this thread back to topic]
A shame that sweeping cannot be awarded with XP.
I assume it is then the same thing for repairing as suggested by OP?

Shared vet might be a decent idea too.

The main issue is the limitations put in place by the modding tools. Veterancy can only be gained through damage done, damage taken, shared or purchased.

(Little known fact but in the early days of COH 2, Soviets gained more experience from taking damage while Whermact gained more experience doing damage before eventually being normalized but it seemed at one point alternate forms of faction Veterancy might have been considered or planned)

Since picking up mines or repairing doesn't count as any of those it cannot be done as the modifier for those tasks do not exist in the current implementation of the modding tools.

Thats not to say that Relic can't add it in the future but considering the lack of development overall on Relic's part it is highly unlikely.

After the first Alpha/Beta for COH 2 the game was just as mod friendly as COH 1 but then it was discovered that Relic literally copy and pasted stuff from COH 1 (Soviet Guards were named US Rangers in the game files with just a different skin and even had COH 1 voice lines) after being embarrassed Relic blocked any form of modding done on the game until they came out with the mod tools several years later. If the old way of modding wasn't blocked it most likely would have been possible to create an XP Gain on Repair Modifier ourselves. Since that is not an option we are stuck with the mod tools which limits our ability to do things like that.

7 Jul 2021, 22:26 PM

Combat engineers and Pioneer get repair bonus with sweeper. If they gain shared veterancy that bonus would have to go.
8 Jul 2021, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2021, 22:26 PMVipper
Combat engineers and Pioneer get repair bonus with sweeper. If they gain shared veterancy that bonus would have to go.

Don't see why that's necessary, especially if the shared vet is locked behind t4
8 Jul 2021, 08:44 AM

Don't see why that's necessary, especially if the shared vet is locked behind t4

EFA engineer would better at repairs with a smaller investment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 26
Germany 195
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %