Login

russian armor

Bunkers

Pip
21 Jun 2021, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 21:24 PMVipper

UKF trench where meant to be their bunkers/fighting positions where their infatry could fight from.

It simply never correctly implemented.

They're not really comparable at this stage, as Trenches are free, require an occupying unit to do anything, and can be used by the enemy. Trenches are like Sandbags, not Bunkers/Fighting Positions.
21 Jun 2021, 22:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 22:05 PMPip

They're not really comparable at this stage, as Trenches are free, require an occupying unit to do anything, and can be used by the enemy. Trenches are like Sandbags, not Bunkers/Fighting Positions.

At this stage yes, but they used to cost manpower and could only be used by player that build them so they worked similar to bunkers/fighting position before the MG upgrade.
21 Jun 2021, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 15:22 PMLMAO
we should just have all units have the same stats and abilities with different names, there balanced

Go play Age of Empire 2
22 Jun 2021, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2021, 18:33 PMPip
I might agree that Bunkers should cost population, but the difference in strength between OST and USF "bunkers" isnt something I think you can totally fairly compare directly.

They're on very different factions, USF being a very "aggressive" faction, and OST being a very "defensive" one, which not to mention the utility of the Rifle Grenades.

I honestly always found it a bit strange that USF have the Fighting Position at all, while SOV and especially UKF do not. UKF in particular is a much more "defensive" faction in design. Is there some design goal here I'm missing?

Admittedly I don't know for sure, but I'd also assume the Fighting Position is using the same profile for its 50 cal as the teamweapon version, and the Bunker is using the teamweapon MG42 profile, other than arc in both cases. If this is true, the Fighting Position is pretty well advantaged in that aspect.

All I'm saying here is that I don't think that the FP being more vulnerable is necessarily bad. I will also state that static defences in general are historically not a great fit for CoH.

EDIT: It is definitely absurd that the OST bunker can fail to be penetrated by explosives, however. That's certainly something that should be changed, even if nothing else is.

The fighting pit and bunker are so different that I don't know how you can really compare them. Yes, the bunker is tougher but the fighting pit gives free rifle nades to a garrisoned RE. That's really apples and oranges.

I do think that giving them a pop cap of 1-2 would be justified.
22 Jun 2021, 15:10 PM

Complete lie. You made that up to "support" your own argument. Quote me where I said "brace is fine".
Brace has nothing to do with the armor value of an OST bunker. Brits do not have a "counter part" to the bunker, so go state what you're comparing the Bunker to. Being decrewable is a huge benefit for any structure, I'd rather pay 3 infantry models to recrew instead of paying for the whole structure again.

So, I have been listing a laundry list of advantages and not just the brace. How the hell are only able to focus on the brace. What about the fact that I pointed out it has SAME DAMAGE, SAME PEN, 900HP vs 640 HP ,NOT BEING DOCTRINAL, BEING AVAILABLE EARLIER. How can you not notice this????? Do you have some kind of tunnel vision. I saying you are fine with all of this.
I'm pretty sure your pak 43 getting killed by infantry in mere moments while the enemy can push armor along side the infantry with impunity is much better not having to even bother protecting the damn thing vs infantry + armour pushes at all

Correct, I am not okay with the nonsense implementation that a grenade can deal exactly zero damage to a bunker while landing on top of it.
And to circle back since you seem to be quite obsessed with the brace ability: If the Bunker had had brace instead of armor, it would have died.

You can interpret this as not having double standards for both sides by not making up fake facts and assumptions.

Right so you think this is stupid but the actual solution which is too increase the armor pen of gamons to makes sure that it pens and fire arms do not and then Having to increase the Armor and Pen of all vehicles so that Gamons can't blow apart tanks but Tank v Tanks combat stays the same is NOT STUPID.
22 Jun 2021, 15:11 PM

Stop projecting yourself on to other people. Given that you're this upset about his minor suggestion, it's pretty clear that you're the one having double standards

You've barely even addressed the topic in your ridiculous ranting. There's no reason bunkers and FPs shouldn't cost pop

If you have a problem with emplacements (which cost pop....) then make a thread about them. I look forward to reading it

I'm not upset about the suggestion. I upset at his perception that Bunkers have an unfair advantage, which it does not.
22 Jun 2021, 15:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So, I have been listing a laundry list of advantages and not just the brace. How the hell are only able to focus on the brace. What about the fact that I pointed out it has SAME DAMAGE, SAME PEN, 900HP vs 640 HP ,NOT BEING DOCTRINAL, BEING AVAILABLE EARLIER. How can you not notice this????? Do you have some kind of tunnel vision. I saying you are fine with all of this.
I'm pretty sure your pak 43 getting killed by infantry in mere moments while the enemy can push armor along side the infantry with impunity is much better not having to even bother protecting the damn thing vs infantry + armour pushes at all

Right so you think this is stupid but the actual solution which is too increase the armor pen of gamons to makes sure that it pens and fire arms do not and then Having to increase the Armor and Pen of all vehicles so that Gamons can't blow apart tanks but Tank v Tanks combat stays the same is NOT STUPID.

I retried to have a decent discussion, but if your only way to discuss Ostheer bunkers is by either lying about stuff I never wrote or even indirectly suggested (such as the increase of gammon bomb penetration and current brace being okay) or constantly straw-manning into completely different topics (PaK43, brace) then I'll cut it at that and rather save my time.

This is about bunkers (and by extension fighting positions) and the question if they should have enough armor to bounce grenades, as well as if a population cost should be applied. My point were and still are clear: Grenades should always deal at least some damage and they should have a small POP cost.
22 Jun 2021, 15:52 PM

Dont bother, this guy is out of his mind.
22 Jun 2021, 15:59 PM

Lol the amount of bickering in this thread over grenade damage to bunkers. It's pretty simple. Do you think grenades should do consistent damage to bunkers? Or put another way, are grenade damage bounces against bunkers frustrating RNG that should changed?

I would say yes. Game logic would dictate that you would expect grenades to do at least SOME damage to buildings and doing 0 damage is both frustrating and not intuitive. Additionally, grenade spam is NEVER going to be a way to take out a bunker. If you're going to spend munitions to finish off a bunker I think it's fair to expect at least some consistent return.
22 Jun 2021, 16:47 PM

I'm not upset about the suggestion. I upset at his perception that Bunkers have an unfair advantage, which it does not.

So you are fine with what happened in the clip? Then you are the only one using double standards. Clearly the grenade should've destroyed the bunker
22 Jun 2021, 16:51 PM

I would say two Gammons or two Bundles should take out a Bunker/Fighting position but that's just my opinion on the subject.
22 Jun 2021, 17:12 PM

Imo AI infatry should not have an easy time destroying fortified position. It promotes blobbing.

Simply all faction should have tools to deal with them.
22 Jun 2021, 23:46 PM

So you are fine with what happened in the clip? Then you are the only one using double standards. Clearly the grenade should've destroyed the bunker

I mean I had 2 t34/85 consistently miss a single p4 and bounce the ones that do connect and have had all the return shots be penned. And I accept that as what it is. I have no double standards here.
23 Jun 2021, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2021, 17:12 PMVipper
Imo AI infatry should not have an easy time destroying fortified position. It promotes blobbing.

That is 1 pixel of hp bar left, 1 pixel.
Also if spamming nade into bunker, fox nest is promoted blobing then how many nade requires to take down 1 bunker ?
Blobing is easy, huh ?
23 Jun 2021, 00:53 AM

are grenade damage bounces against bunkers frustrating RNG that should changed?

Would have to agree with this. Consistency is key here. It should either do damage 100% reliably if they are to do damage vs Bunkers or do no damage at all not this RNG random nonsense that we do not need.

Some RNG is good however when 90% of the game is a lottery on what will do damage or not then it should be changed to be consistent with whatever the intended role is.
23 Jun 2021, 06:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2021, 17:12 PMVipper

AFAIK you can destroy USF fighting position nothing but with small arms. I'm actually with you. We need to buff fighting position's armor so small arm can't deal dmg to bunker.

Doing dmg with nade is another story of course.
23 Jun 2021, 07:17 AM

AFAIK you can destroy USF fighting position nothing but with small arms. I'm actually with you. We need to buff fighting position's armor so small arm can't deal dmg to bunker.

Doing dmg with nade is another story of course.

One can but it takes long. 8 Ober squads with Mg 34s take about 35 seconds. (with 8 WEHR Pioneers it just takes about 15 seconds, with 8 OKW Pioneers about 22 seconds)

IMO Bunkers should actually get changed so they get a tiny bit of damage from rifles (not much just a tiny bit) ... having 10 Sections nearby that don't do even just a tiny bit of damage just felt weird ... but then again something "feeling weird" is not really an argument when it comes to balance factors

Sections with MGs and Sov. Paratroopers with MGs do damage to Bunkers by the way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★