Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Soviet Feedback

PAGES (40)down
6 Apr 2021, 06:45 AM

What really suitable for the Reserve Army commander. This is, for example, the Siberian regular troops that were in the Far East. They had an SVT-40 and such things as a Dyakonov rifle grenade launcher instead of a Molotov cocktail.
6 Apr 2021, 06:57 AM

120mm Mortar

Suggestions:
The only thing this moratr need is higher projectile speed, fix that and it will be fine.

Delayed Fuse Rounds very powerful against OKW and will cause problems. The ability should not be available.
If it stay it need to have much sorter range.

152mm Howitizer Strike

Ability too cost efficient.
Suggestions:
Rebalance the ability to be inline with "Light Artillery Barrage" avoid combining it with reckon.

Advanced Fortifications

Suggestions:

Airborne Guards

Suggestions:
HE grenade 6 PPsh and first strike bonus...another squad wipe machine...
If you are going to keep the camo/first strike bonus replace HE grenade with DOT

Instead lower CP 1 cost to 280 balance accordingly
Replace smoke grenade with light smoke grenade providing RA bonuses.

Armored Vehicle Detection

Suggestions:
Add to more commander currently available to 1

Assault Guards

Suggestions:
The unit is simply OP, it superior to Rangers once vetted while easier to spam and more cost efficient.
CP should be at least 3 at this power level or simply redesign.

B4-203mm Howitzer

Suggestions:
Hard cap number of entities it can kill

Replace the AT ability with skill shot using AP round with target table extra damage vs Vehicles.

Commissar

Suggestions:

Conscript Assault Package

Suggestions:
The unit is too cost efficient with mobilize.
Replace with call-in unit CP 1 unit
remove bolt action rifles
Remove hit the dirt from the ability. Make it a separate ability (or merge is conscript repair or rapid conscription)

Conscript Repair Package

Suggestions:

Fear Propaganda

Suggestions:

For the Motherland

Suggestions:

IL-2 Rocket Run

Suggestions:

IL-2 Sturmovik Strafing Run

Suggestions:

IS-2

Suggestions:

KV-1 Heavy Tank

Suggestions:

M2HB Team Call-In

Suggestions:
Replace with USF ATG as call-in but with access to AP rounds.

ML-20 152mm

Suggestions:

Partisans

Suggestions:
Make AI partisan an infiltration unit and AT partisan as unit build from HQ. It will help better balancing the unit when it comes to cost./vet bonus/abilities.
Replace concussion trap with the ability to "scavenger" enemy sector gaining resources

PMD-6 Light Anti-Tank Mines

Suggestions:
Tank hunter commander has not reason to access to bunker, replace with trenches if you need to add something

PTRS Conscripts

Suggestions:
CP 1 is too low, at this point simply replace with call in unit

Rapid Conscription

Suggestions:
lower build reinforcement bonus to 10% and make passive at CP2
Change the unit to unit that can merge but not reinforce with target size of 1, posibily even adding a small heal when merging

Shock Troops

Suggestions:
replace smoke grenade with light smoke grenade

Spy Network

Suggestions:

SVT Crates

Suggestions:
ability should not be able to transfer weapon or resources to allies.

ZIS-6 Cargo Truck

Suggestions:
add vet bonus
unit gain veterancy according to resources generated
6 Apr 2021, 10:33 AM

Maybe give 120-mm mortars instead of a delayed explosion to give 53-Z-843A incendiary mines?
6 Apr 2021, 12:10 PM

What is the scatter of delayed fuse shells of 120mm?
This ability is utter trash and muni throw, hitting anywhere but where you want it to and its noticeably inferior against stationary targets compared to regular barrage.
6 Apr 2021, 12:17 PM

What is the scatter of delayed fuse shells of 120mm?
This ability is utter trash and muni throw, hitting anywhere but where you want it to and its noticeably inferior against stationary targets compared to regular barrage.

Yes. I tried it and it is a frankly useless ability and I think incendiary mines were much more appropriate especially against not-too-smart players who had their Medical Headquarters right on the front line. Take incendiary rounds from the Firestorm doctrine as a basis.
6 Apr 2021, 13:42 PM

Been trying the new ppsh cons, they are too powerful now. Instead of giving them a straight dmg boost give them a grenade instead.

Due to soviets lacking any stock grenades ( literately none), I think this would be enough incentive to upgrade cons with ppshs.
6 Apr 2021, 14:11 PM

Been trying the new ppsh cons, they are too powerful now. Instead of giving them a straight dmg boost give them a grenade instead.

Due to soviets lacking any stock grenades ( literately none), I think this would be enough incentive to upgrade cons with ppshs.

They bolt action rifles and PPsh combo is not very good they should get 6 PPsh and adjust DPS.

The upgrade should also take a weapon slot.
Pip
6 Apr 2021, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 14:11 PMVipper

They bolt action rifles and PPsh combo is not very good they should get 6 PPsh and adjust DPS.

This would be a nerf, though. It seems as though they get three (now four) PPSH because they are expected to lose models on approach, and their DPS being concentrated in three(four) models rather than all six means that these first two model drops do not significantly impact their DPS once they do get into range. Giving all of the squad members (presumably worse) PPSH would just be a straight nerf in basically any scenario.

I would recommend that if you rebalanced PPSH cons to have six PPSH, they should indeed retain their weapon slot (as little as that really matters) but they should also still be able to upgrade with "Mobilise reserves". I think Mobilise and conscript doctrinal weapon upgrades shouldn't be exclusive... though this would make squads a VERY munitions-heavy squad to upgrade.

Honestly what I'd say instead is that the PPSH upgrade be replaced with a "Frontovik" squad, with the same six men, but with more tailored veterancy and abilities. This squad would otherwise benefit from the same techs as Conscripts. It would also give an excuse to use the "Alternate conscript" model that seems to be in the files, someone showed it in a screenshot a week or two back.

Whether it's worth even bothering with all this is another question though, if the new PPSH con upgrade is shown to be OK after a few weeks of testing, I think messing about with it further would be a waste of resources that could be used on more important changes.
6 Apr 2021, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 14:11 PMVipper

Upgrade is clearly underpowered to the point where additional gun is considered and you want to further nerf it from current life performance?

Where is the logic in that?
6 Apr 2021, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 14:26 PMPip

This would be a nerf, though...

It would be inline with MP-40 VG upgrade, this a design issue and not balance one.
6 Apr 2021, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 15:21 PMVipper

It would be inline with MP-40 VG upgrade, this a design issue and not balance one.

Then I assume cons also get smoke and HE nades and lower RA as well?
Because then and ONLY then it would be inline with VG MP40s.

Unless you are suggesting removing of bonus RA, smoke and HE nades from volks MP40, which is also agreeable way, even better one, because it not only does not create power creep, it removes some of it!
Pip
6 Apr 2021, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 15:21 PMVipper

VGs receive other things along with their MP40s, though. Improved RA and the Smoke Grenade being the main factors (The HE is also nice, but the former two are the big things for me).

EDIT: They're also supported by Obersoldaten, whereas Conscripts are not, so that's worth considering.

Giving Conscripts an HE and Smoke makes them step a little too much on Shocks' toes, so other than what I suggested, I don't see what you'll be doing to PPSH cons to make your suggestion not a nerf.

I agree that them having Bolt Actions and SMGs in the same squad is odd, but it is as it is for a gameplay reason, this shouldn't be changed for what seems to be an aesthetic disagreement.
6 Apr 2021, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 15:33 PMPip

VGs receive other things along with their MP40s, though. Improved RA and the Smoke Grenade being the main factors (The HE is also nice, but the former two are the big things for me).

EDIT: They're also supported by Obersoldaten, whereas Conscripts are not, so that's worth considering.

Giving Conscripts an HE and Smoke makes them step a little too much on Shocks' toes, so other than what I suggested, I don't see what you'll be doing to PPSH cons to make your suggestion not a nerf.

I agree that them having Bolt Actions and SMGs in the same squad is odd, but it is as it is for a gameplay reason, this shouldn't be changed for what seems to be an aesthetic disagreement.

We actually agree that it would better for different squad than an upgrade so I am not sure what you want to debate.

Pip
6 Apr 2021, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 15:36 PMVipper

We actually agree that it would better for different squad than an upgrade so I am not sure what you want to debate.

Your posts in this current discussion speak of the PPSH upgrade as an upgrade, not as a new "Frontovik" squad. I want to debate exactly what I posted, I'm not reiterating.

Can you describe exactly what your six PPSH conscript/Frontovik squad would look like, and how this would not be a nerf?
6 Apr 2021, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 15:40 PMPip

Your posts in this current discussion speak of the PPSH upgrade as an upgrade, not as a new "Frontovik" squad. I want to debate exactly what I posted, I'm not reiterating.

Actually:

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 06:57 AMVipper

Conscript Assault Package

Suggestions:
The unit is too cost efficient with mobilize.
Replace with call-in unit CP 1 unit
remove bolt action rifles
Remove hit the dirt from the ability. Make it a separate ability (or merge is conscript repair or rapid conscription)

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 15:40 PMPip

Can you describe exactly what your six PPSH conscript/Frontovik squad would look like, and how this would not be a nerf?

Little point in going into detail unless someone decides to go for it. Yet the vet bonuses, price, abilities would be better fine tuned for such a unit.
6 Apr 2021, 15:47 PM

I want to repeat my old idea. On the strangeness of Conscripts.So the Conscripts get the third level of veterancy and they are still Conscripts. Why don't they turn into veterans when they get their third veterancy? Or at least just Strelki(Rifleman)? Why, when the Conscripts receive the third veterancy, they can be transformed to Riflemen, their veterancy is reset to the first one, they get better accuracy characteristics, and so on. Get grenades instead of Molotov.
Pip
6 Apr 2021, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 15:43 PMVipper

Actually:

Little point in going into detail unless someone decides to go for it. Yet the vet bonuses, price, abilities would be better fine tuned for such a unit.

Post #187 is the "current discussion".

Also: It's worth going into it, given that you're broadly suggesting a nerf if you aren't giving any actual examples of how the unit would look after your suggested reduction in their effectiveness.
7 Apr 2021, 01:53 AM

can we replace recon with spy network for industry commander? Its more potent
7 Apr 2021, 02:22 AM

Delayed fuzerounds for 120 seem nice counter for bunker spam.
7 Apr 2021, 04:07 AM

Delayed fuzerounds for 120 seem nice counter for bunker spam.

too much scatter at the moment for user friendly use. They need either less scatter or less max range.
PAGES (40)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS