Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
1 Apr 2021, 09:31 AM

I don't like the commandos change, now they are even more helpless against obers with stg44 and the replacement with -25 ability recharge is useless
Glider can train new commandos is nice

Assault get increased to 90 munitions --> i rather would remove the planes and keep the cost at 70 because nobody uses the ability to recon, this was always the problem with ukf ability high cost but do everything at once

Land Mattress --> needs more buff is still the worst rocket artillery due to its extreme slow standard recharge, slow launching rockets, lowest max range compared with highest min range, high scatter and dmg modifiers against cover
The land Mattress just don't have the wipe potential like other rocket artillery because u cant drive very close to the target fire fast rockets and retreat, this makes it very hard to gain vetrancy its only good (maybe even op) against base bombing

140 seconds vet0 --> lower to 110 seconds
105 seconds vet1 --> replace reload boost with faster rocket launching
78 seconds vet3 --> increase to 90 seconds and even faster set up times

Calliope:
110 seconds vet0
100 seconds vet2
90 seconds vet3

Stuka:
120 seconds vet0
95 seconds vet2
86 seconds vet4

Panzerwerfer:
100 seconds vet0
79 seconds ver2

Advanced Emplacements

Counter-Battery replaced with Hold the Line

this commander becomes now even more useless since it cant defend against indirect fire

Recovery Sappers

To give the British players an option of going for a heavier Sapper squad early on with its commander

Available at the start of the game for 250 manpower; starts with sweeper and five men. No longer affected by Bolster. Initial cooldown of 35 seconds.

where are these Sappers "heavier" then a normal Sapper? They start with 5 men since over a year now or so but with a sweeper so their combat performance is exactly like a 4 man sapper they only difference is the smoke grenade and a improved (mby 10% ?) repair speed, not worth 250mp imo due to their low survivability.

Also i think they are bugged, they can be upgraded with the heavy upgrade from anvil but then they repair slower then a 5 men standard sapper with the heavy upgrade, it looks like the heavy repair speed bonus do not apply on them

1 Apr 2021, 09:32 AM

Personally I don't feel like the Vickers K needs to be able to fire on the move, Tommies with two Vickers K's before were already strong it just wasn't easily accessible because you needed Weapon Racks on top of the HT. I'll have to test the Raid Sections more to see if they are slightly too strong for their timing. Like I said earlier either take the Vickers K off the unit or make it so they can't fire on the move. If Vickers K are able to shoot on the move I would maybe limit them to one similar to the M1919. We don't really want a repeat of the Riflemen with 2x 1919's again.

Read patch notes..... vickers K is made into UKF BAR, its not LMG anymore.
1 Apr 2021, 09:34 AM

They will be adjusted, it just didn't make it in yet.

Good to hear, thanks for the reply.
1 Apr 2021, 09:40 AM

Read patch notes..... vickers K is made into UKF BAR, its not LMG anymore.

Still do Tommies really need 2x Bar's. They are probably the best mainline in the game combat wise so I could see this becoming a huge BAR blob problem just with UKF instead.
1 Apr 2021, 09:43 AM

Still do Tommies really need 2x Bar's. They are probably the best mainline in the game combat wise so I could see this becoming a huge BAR blob problem just with UKF instead.

Well, I can tell you what they most certainly do not need and that is more expensive, much less accessible and less cost efficient version of a stock weapon, which old vickers was.
The only sole exclusive benefit of old vickers was the ability to give it to allies, soviets specifically as USF has their own toys which are on pair or better already.
1 Apr 2021, 09:44 AM

Bar rifles are the best mainline, Tommies are only good at max range with double bren in green cover an this can be easily counted with indirect fire and snipers
1 Apr 2021, 16:59 PM

Since I see other people are baffled by the mortar being gone from Lend-Lease, maybe either it being replaced by a Priest or Advanced Emplacements having a 25 pounder emplacement instead like in the All Units mod?

Brits seem to be lacking both non-doctrinal and doctrinal indirect fire units in general so more mobile or at least well protected/unique ones could be of use.

Too bad we don't have a proper 4.2 inch mortar model, unless the Soviet HM-38 one is used or something.
1 Apr 2021, 18:32 PM

Since I see other people are baffled by the mortar being gone from Lend-Lease, maybe either it being replaced by a Priest or Advanced Emplacements having a 25 pounder emplacement instead like in the All Units mod?

Brits seem to be lacking both non-doctrinal and doctrinal indirect fire units in general so more mobile or at least well protected/unique ones could be of use.

Too bad we don't have a proper 4.2 inch mortar model, unless the Soviet HM-38 one is used or something.

It would indeed fit in very well, in place of hold the line.

(credits To SneakEye)

Btw, speaking of advanced emplacements, the 17 pounder's new barrage ability shouldn't be locked behind vet imo. Instead, similar to the jagdtiger's similar ability, it should just get extra rounds with vet.

Also, I have tried the new raid section, but I just can't quite put a finger on them. Like where am I even supposed to use them in terms of range?
They have sprint to close in, but apart from the vickers they aren't really equipped for cqc, especially vs proper cqc squads. They also lack frag grenades. Commandos just perform far better at cqc and with brens they are good at longer ranges too.
They can sprint into cover, but they don't get an RA bonus there, unlike normal sections, plus they build slower.
I can slap a pair of brens on them and use them like regular sections without worrying about the debuffs out of cover, tho finding at least yellow cover for normal sections is usually not an issue.
They also can't heal themselves.
Sprint + plus molotov can be used vs garrisons, but the doctrine also provides flamers for engies, that also capture fast and generally fare better at close range.
It may be just me, but right now I just don't see why they would worth deploying, especially with all the other options in the doctrine.
2 Apr 2021, 03:37 AM

hold the line is bug. Infantry section still retain the buff icon after the ability run out.
2 Apr 2021, 04:37 AM

On the vicker k, if mod team stick with the plane of making it fire on the move, can you change the "want_prone_firing_option" of the weapon to "option/none" ? It will smooth out the animation by a lot as the model carry the weapon will not try to lay down every time there is a delay between moving orders.
2 Apr 2021, 14:50 PM

Raid Section

This unit seem to some issues:

The idea of unit that is not restricted by cover is interesting but there are some issues with implementation.

Description misses a "not" and is make it should as the unit require to be used in cover.

The icon of binoculars indicates a unit long range with reckon capabilities although it not.

The unit start with 5 bolt action rifles and can pick 2 Bren or piat and combining sprint to a unit with with 2 bren or even 2 Piats is not the best of idea.

Unit does suffers from construction penalty but that is not communicated to the player (in any case since RO.E are now T0 unit cashes/trenches could be easily moved to them).

Unit does not have access to heavy gammon bomb although other doctrinal IS have.

Vet 1 camo ability make very little sense and they would be better off with something else even if it received accuracy.

Vickers-K is not very realistic candidate for an "assault rifle" type of weapon so you can simply add a offensive bren training" and give this properties to Bren as similar to Commandos asan "elite brain training light" version.

The unit seem to be in the wrong commander. The commander already has flamers so that incendiary grenade is not that great and LMG commandos can the role of mid oriented aggressive unit.
or one can keep the raid section and removed flamers/infiltration commandos from commander.

Finally I see little reason for another versions of IS, redesign the unit as different version of Sappers and move to another commander.

Or
redesigned as recon squad having access to scoped Enfield emphasising on support/utility with lower pop and not cover restrictions.
2 Apr 2021, 16:04 PM

Advanced Emplacement Regiment
Defensive Operations

Allow Ro E to build trenches/tank traps/caches

Improved Fortification

The free WP for Mortar pit seem better suited for artillery commander it also seem to require both mortars before it can be used,

17p barrage seem to require vet 1.

I would suggest the following:
Possibly trade some HP fro received damage so that emplacements can be repaired faster.

Improved fortification mortar
Cost 50 manpower reduced pop of pit by 2 and adds garrison bonus.
or
Cost 50 manpower reduced pop of pit by 2 and add counter fire as timed not cost ability.

Improved fortification AA
as is and now reduce pop by 2 also

Improved fortification 17p
Cost 50 MP, add the barrage, increases rotation by 10% reduces pop by 2.

Possibly moving advance assembly to this ability freeing an spot

Advanced Assembly

cost to 50 MU now only repair vehicles

Hold The Line

replaced by "manned the defenses"
infatry gains -20% received accuracy, non braced emplacement gain 10-20% damage reduction, infantry in garrison gain -20% damage reduction.

Cost to 90 CP to 4.

Precision Barrage
possibly replace with an ability that does not hard counter Lefh
2 Apr 2021, 16:46 PM

The pyrotechnics upgrade was removed from Tank Hunter infantry sections a couple of patches ago in a really strange nerf. They're generally less useful than a normal section with the upgrade and piats. They need the increased sight back or they will remain terrible. They probably don't need to be able to call in arty but they definitely need better sight. Without that, they will continue to get trashed.
2 Apr 2021, 17:30 PM

Remove the Royal arty flare spread. Include a flare shot/flare rifle nade with regular pyro package and use the commander slot for something else (mortar HT?/crew?)

Made this suggestion a while back, but it's not 100% applicable.

"Attach artillery observer":
- Occupies weapon slot
- Adds 1 model armed with regular rifle with regular stats, maybe give him a radio backpack or something.
- Squad gains ability to call down from base arty the regular barrage, smoke barrage (both with slightly buffed call-down ranges, maybe using a rifle grenade to pop the flare now?) and a flare shot (which would have a much further call-down range than the other two).

Would also make the smoke barrage be fired by the base guns, could poach the regular barrage code? Reduce the salvo to 2, make it more accurate and just turn them to smoke shells. The flare shot would give good frontline recon and let you later on remove cancer royal arty flares.

Side note: With the new mortars in-game, the brits NEED a non-doc mobile indirect for counter battery. Mortar pits die fast to microed mortar crews.

Concentrated fire operation
I don't like this because why would a 25pdr fire a single super-heavy shell? It removes consistency in how units behave. I expect a 25pdr (whether it be on the base or an SPG) to behave in pretty much the same way.

Reduce cost and let it zero in with regular shells? The last shell landing pin-point.

2 Apr 2021, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2021, 16:04 PMVipper

Precision Barrage
possibly replace with an ability that does not hard counter Lefh

Really bad suggestion

Thats the whole point of this commander
He can kills lefh for normal price (200mu)
No other brit commander can do that.

Anyway i really like all changes but pls consider 25 Pounder emplacment in Advanced Emplacement Regiment.
2 Apr 2021, 18:22 PM

Really bad suggestion

This is the whole point of this commander
He can kills lefh for normal price (200mu)
No other brit commander can do that.

Anyway i really like all changes but pls consider 25 Pounder emplacment in Advanced Emplacement Regiment.

That is simply incorrect both Ro. Artillery regiment and Concentrated fire operation can take out an Lefh.
2 Apr 2021, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2021, 18:22 PMVipper

That is simply incorrect both Ro. Artillery regiment and Concentrated fire operation can take out an Lefh.

Can't stop yourself from gaslighting people? The offmap from Royal Arty often decrews a lefh but rarely, if ever, kills the gun itself.

The only reason people pick Advanced Emplacements is for the off-map that destroys howitzers, which costs exactly the same as the stuka dive bomb that destroys howitzers. Other than that, the commander is trash.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment