Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - USF Feedback

PAGES (44)down
1 Apr 2021, 02:31 AM

M4A3 Sherman E8
The E8 Sherman is receiving a number of changes that puts it in the range of premium tanks such as the Comet.

Range from 40 to 45
Speed from 6.1 to 6.3
Rotation rate from 32 to 34
Fuel cost from 140 to 150

Thats not enough
plz buff mid-far penetration or this unit will be discarded

M8 Greyhound Canister Shot
Due to the short-range of this ability which exposes the M8 to danger, Canister Shot is having its cost reduced.

Cost from 40 to 35

The biggest problem with the M8 is that it appears too late
This change doesn’t mean anything
Raise it to Cp3 or increase the gun damage to 80 so that he can be active even if he appears in Cp4

1 Apr 2021, 02:59 AM
Donator 11

more nerfs for Pershing?:?? 960hp to 800 and 15% damage nerf?. Just wow. Thats not even the statsa of a heavy tank anymore

Received damage reduction. As in everything does 15% less damage against it. So nothing changed, its just easier to repair
1 Apr 2021, 03:01 AM

The only faction out of five where the changes feel somehow underwhelming. Still a step into the right direction but there is missing something. There were many good ideas about Recon or Airborne floating around for example, but overall only one commander ability was changed at all (dozer upgrade removed). Sad :(

Armor Company:
- changes to 105mm Sherman and 240mm offmap are a good thing -> thumbs up

Rifle Company:
- buffing E8 slightly in Range, Speed and turret rotation won't make this commander work suddenly, i don't think this will be enough

1 Apr 2021, 03:09 AM

The only faction out of five where the changes feel somehow underwhelming. Still a step into the right direction but there is missing something. There were many good ideas about Recon or Airborne floating around for example, but overall only one commander ability was changed at all (dozer upgrade removed). Sad :(

Armor Company:
- changes to 105mm Sherman and 240mm offmap are a good thing -> thumbs up

Rifle Company:
- buffing E8 slightly in Range, Speed and turret rotation won't make this commander work suddenly, i don't think this will be enough

I agree, small buffs to E8 is not going to fix Rifle Company. Fire Up should not require 1 commander slot, something else should be bundled with it. I would like thompson upgrade or maybe allow fire up to work on tanks also. The RE Flame upgrade could probably use a tiny bit more Recieved accuracy buff to make it a worthwhile choice.
1 Apr 2021, 03:09 AM

Pershing effective HP slightly nerf
form 960 to 920 (800x115%)

800 hp mean Repair squad have lower repair time to pershing
1 Apr 2021, 03:28 AM

Good to see calliope nerf, letting cav rifles stay as they are is dumb though. Also umecessary pershing buff imo
1 Apr 2021, 03:35 AM

Health from 960 to 800
15% damage reduction to retain 6 shot kill but faster repair times
Veterancy 2 provides +10% speed bonus
CP requirement from 12 to 11

that is a nerf not a buff
1 Apr 2021, 03:55 AM

Health from 960 to 800
15% damage reduction to retain 6 shot kill but faster repair times

you understand it ? it mean all damage to pershing reduce 15% (example most gun normal damage 160 if hit pershing reduce to 136 point if you want confirm is nerf is only effective hp reduce to 920 ok
but other note is buff
1 Apr 2021, 04:01 AM

no I dont understand it. THen it should say Armor increased or received accuracy or damage.
And if they nerf him like this I dont think it is good.
It should be in line wiht other heavy tanks. Just normal armor and health. If u want to increase repair speed for this tank increase overall repair speed for for engeneer. Panther, TIger also dont get repaired faster
1 Apr 2021, 04:22 AM

Greyhound comes so late and gets soft countered by other LVs because it takes 10 shots to kill Luches or 8 to kill a 222 when it already has a narrow window before mediums come out and rein it in. So It either needs to be able to effectively threaten LVs so a 222 doesn't dumpster your 4CP greyhound or it needs 3 CP so it had more time before mediums come.

1 Apr 2021, 04:27 AM

i dont know if that is a bug or not, but the new "grenade barrage" on echelon with the rifle grenade upgrade only fire one grenade, which is lame for st called "barrage". it should be at least 3-4 grenades i think.
1 Apr 2021, 04:39 AM
Donator 11

RE rifle nade nerf is even more unexpected than last patch scott nerf.

"No micro" is a very poor reasoning. Guns, bazooka, shreks, PIATs, ptrs, flamethrower all shoot without manual fire, who thought the RE rifle nade was to be treated differently? The weakest unit in the game equips it. You need to trade away minesweeper. One man holds it. Nobody makes more than 2 REs, and if you make 2 you are probably not playing seriously.

You can't dodge the slowest projectile in the game that has a 3s ticker before it explodes? You can't counter some dude planting the rifle on the ground and it making a very loud noticeable sound? I would love to hear any good player say with a straight face they have a hard time engaging a RE nader. Its a Rear Echelon holding it, not a damn ranger. What is going on here.

It is not in a 1v1 commander either. So I never see it in 1s. Did anyone see the meme riflenade used in ML4 tournament? I definitely didn't.

It's not even that big of a deal because it's not like RE rifle nade was an important strategy or anything. Again, its pretty lackluster and I almost don't care.

But nerfing it is almost hilarious.

I remember saying this last patch. Of ALL things you could touch for USF you decide to nerf shitty Rear Echelon rifle nade lmao.

Uh, go ahead? Nerf the RE rifle grenade, nobody uses that shit anyways.

What's next patch, nerf the M3 halftrack, the wolverine, vehicle crew thompsons? I wouldn't be surprised.

Wait no, even better NERF THE FIGHTING POSITION.
1 Apr 2021, 06:00 AM

The E8 main gun will need additional buffs to make it more in-line with the comet. The comet has some seriously good AI potential on the main gun in exchange for poorer pen.

I'm not of a fan of making the E8 more expensive than it already is seeing as most times for AI, a Sherman is cheaper and better and for AT, a Jackson is now cheaper and better.

I wrote a more indepth suggestion on how to tune the E8 to give it a role in the current meta which can be found here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/107798/usf-commander-revamp-2021/post/857743

tl;dr is move it to CP8 and give it the ability to switch shells just like the default sherman so it can act as a direct upgrade to the normal Sherman.
1 Apr 2021, 06:41 AM

I guess Rangers weren't OP enough. Not like that a 5 man squad with near Ober levels of RA + 5 PF g43's wasn't enough. They need to be even stronger. Wow you know not just make all the axis squad have 3 models and increase their cost by 20% and lower their reinforcement speed by 33% aswell.
1 Apr 2021, 06:47 AM

I dont think axis needs nerfs. But Some allies factions could need a couple buffs. The last nerfs done to soviets were unnecessary
How does Rangers need buff???
1 Apr 2021, 06:53 AM

I dont think they need buffs. But dont forget they cost 10 pop!
Yeah no shit they are like 5 man Obers with 5 Panzerfusillier g43's. at vet 0.
PAGES (44)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS