Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - USF Feedback

PAGES (44)down
3 May 2021, 04:58 AM

Here's an idea.

Turn the E8 into a Jumbo instead.

Slower speed, more armor, same gun as live.

That would actually give the USF a meatshield capable of being a good combo with the Jackson, similar to how the Churchill-Firefly combo is for the Brits.

Gives the USF a role in team games as well and everybody is happy since the E8 will have a more distinct direction compared to the 76.

um. my opinion is so different to your plan. i think that ez8 isnt good to change jumbo. otherwise 105m Sherman is so similar jumbo's role rather than ez8. changing 105 Sherman to jumbo is better than change ez8 role.
3 May 2021, 05:04 AM

Or just remove the Gunner BS (range, agility buffs and the commander option). Increase Hp to 800, Armour to 235. Increase price. Penetration should be mediocre. Maybe buff it a tiny bit (like 2-3% more chances to penetrate).
That way E8 is a brawler that can escape Panthers, but can't really stand up to them, unless in tandem. And with Radio net and veterancy, you would get a good tank squad. One that could roam the map much more easily than the Jackson due to increased survivability/agility.

I don't understand why make it some sort of a retarded copycat of the Firefly. If there is one thing that USF does not need, it's another long range TD

Nope. gunnery skill is very good. i think this patch is very nice. 50 range anti infan and tank dont exist in this game. it is very useful to proctect tank from anti tank infantry squad such as panzer grenadier squad. However you think that m3 half-track isnt good option to rifle commander. why this patch adds to rifle company? i dont understand.
3 May 2021, 05:06 AM

Buff the AA ht by giving it ap rounds
3 May 2021, 06:30 AM

Welp you guys did it. I think the ez8 is actually really good now.

The gunnery toggle is enough to make it trade well with axis tanks and once the vet 2 mobility bonuses kicked in I never toggled it off again.
3 May 2021, 06:51 AM

Buff the AA ht by giving it ap rounds

Hi Von, love your streams.

You know I tried to experiment with the stock AA HT and often compare it to the M3 halftrack. One is 90 muni 30 fuel vs the flat 50 fuel.

The thing does weirdly against things like the 222 where sometimes it just won't fire it's damn flak rounds even when stationary. When the thing WORKS it's actually pretty good but getting the damn thing to work is a nightmare. I won't even touch on it's pathing. I also noticed it only seems to suppress one squad, not a blob, I don't know if that's intentional? I don't think it's flak rounds penetrate a luchs, I never got that far. I tried once but it died so instantly I think I did that much dmg to it.

Then when you use the M3 it's night and day, it turns great, it suppresses a blob, it has killing power. It can actually beat a 222 as well. It loses to a luches obviously.

I like your suggestion since it makes the flak HT at least have some purpose over the M3, it can fight a luchs or equivalent and not risk losing to a 222 just because it decides to not fire or a do a weird jig. It therefore trades raw suppression power for that trade. I don't know if they'd do it however.
3 May 2021, 08:39 AM

Hi Von, love your streams.

You know I tried to experiment with the stock AA HT and often compare it to the M3 halftrack. One is 90 muni 30 fuel vs the flat 50 fuel.

The thing does weirdly against things like the 222 where sometimes it just won't fire it's damn flak rounds even when stationary. When the thing WORKS it's actually pretty good but getting the damn thing to work is a nightmare. I won't even touch on it's pathing. I also noticed it only seems to suppress one squad, not a blob, I don't know if that's intentional? I don't think it's flak rounds penetrate a luchs, I never got that far. I tried once but it died so instantly I think I did that much dmg to it.

Then when you use the M3 it's night and day, it turns great, it suppresses a blob, it has killing power. It can actually beat a 222 as well. It loses to a luches obviously.

I like your suggestion since it makes the flak HT at least have some purpose over the M3, it can fight a luchs or equivalent and not risk losing to a 222 just because it decides to not fire or a do a weird jig. It therefore trades raw suppression power for that trade. I don't know if they'd do it however.

Agreed. AA HT actually penetrates the luchs. Problem is, AA HT won't always fire (even when freshly reloaded) the high caliber rounds, even when stationary (like you have written). It does penetrate luchs, so it can scare it away. About the pathing.... lost one yesterday due to it going around in circles xD. I order it to go back by driving forward (I know right..) and instead of just continuing to drive forward and shoot at the back, it decided to spin around 2 times. Probably the movement order got stuck with the auto attack or sth. It's horrible to use. But very rewarding. The suppression is nothing home to write, but still, better than anything
3 May 2021, 09:49 AM

Welp you guys did it. I think the ez8 is actually really good now.

The gunnery toggle is enough to make it trade well with axis tanks and once the vet 2 mobility bonuses kicked in I never toggled it off again.

Oh no :/

Thats kind of what I feared the most. It doesn't really make sense to turn it off.
3 May 2021, 09:51 AM

Oh no :/

Thats kind of what I feared the most. It doesn't really make sense to turn it off.

It does if you need speed and mobility i.e. in a dive
3 May 2021, 10:09 AM

and once the vet 2 mobility bonuses kicked in I never toggled it off again.

And that is exactly the problem
3 May 2021, 10:10 AM

My bad, I forgot only axis is allowed to have good tanks
3 May 2021, 10:14 AM

Why?

What's wrong with ability getting better with vet?
E8 never struggled against meds and gunnery makes it into "mini panther" to contest actual panther without reliance on jacksons exclusively.
3 May 2021, 10:36 AM

My bad, I forgot only axis is allowed to have good tanks

No, you forgot to pay for the mini panther
3 May 2021, 10:39 AM

No, you forgot to pay for the mini panther

I'm quite positive the unit doesn't just spawn for free in set time intervals once you pick the doctrine.

Don't be so frightened, panther will still win a 1v1 against it, no need to panic.
3 May 2021, 11:03 AM

I'm quite positive the unit doesn't just spawn for free in set time intervals once you pick the doctrine.

Don't be so frightened, panther will still win a 1v1 against it, no need to panic.

I'm also quite positive that a 25% mobility penalty for a tank that gets 20% mobility bonus by vet 2 is not such big deal too
It's a bad ability because there's no reason to turn it off with veterancy which is why I proposed 2 dps modes instead of a penetration buff for mobility
3 May 2021, 11:19 AM

I'm also quite positive that a 25% mobility penalty for a tank that gets 20% mobility bonus by vet 2 is not such big deal too
It's a bad ability because there's no reason to turn it off with veterancy which is why I proposed 2 dps modes instead of a penetration buff for mobility

Agreed, remove movement penalty, now the ability reinforces its role as longer ranged, more durable brawler sherman.
3 May 2021, 11:23 AM

Reduce M10 Wolverine and M10 Achilles Target size(X22) to X17~X19. I think M10 should have Lower target size than ordinary Medium tanks.

And for Mechanized Company. WC51's armor increase (3.9/2,5) to 4.0/3.0 can be happened.

Additionally. If 76mm Sherman AP rounds get nerfed its Reload time. Its penetration(140/130/120) should be increased to 160/150/140.

and 76mm Sherman skill slots must be Roll-Backed to Reserve Armor. For Mechanized Compnay's Color and attractive points. Reserve Armor Skill must be preserved.
3 May 2021, 14:20 PM

Breakthrough costs 50 fuel, gives speed buff + 15% reload speed, comes with the meme commander, do not affect inf.

Raid Tactics comes with the ok-ish commander, buffs vehicles and inf, tanks can now cap-decap very rapidly, costs 40 muni.

I mean, not like breakthrough is a game changer to begin with, but still ...

3 May 2021, 14:33 PM

Breakthrough costs 50 fuel, gives speed buff + 15% reload speed, comes with the meme commander, do not affect inf.

Sole reason for that skill is to use 'Close the Pocket'. Costing fuel instead of muni is very tricky part, but it seems they made it that way so player can use CtP more easily I guess?

Making it to raid tactic & works only with inf nearby could results in bad if you think about the reason behind using that skill. You now will require inf + tank to capture enemy strategy territory.
3 May 2021, 14:41 PM

Sole reason for that skill is to use 'Close the Pocket'. Costing fuel instead of muni is very tricky part, but it seems they made it that way so player can use CtP more easily I guess?

Debatable really. Its more of an oversight imo, rather then something intentional. Because when it comes to CtP even if Breakthought would have been 80 muni, in a global picture it means nothing when it comes to such expensive abilities. After all ppl are fine using recon+dive bomb.

Making it to raid tactic & works only with inf nearby could results in bad if you think about the reason behind using that skill. You now will require inf + tank to capture enemy strategy territory.

Actually it will requare only tank, for 40 muni and the speed tanks are de-capture and capture territory its insane really. I'm not saying tanks shouldnt do that, but they are by no means should do it that fast. Tightrope did a video I belive showing it and tanks with Raidtactics are able to cap\de-cap almost instantly.
And being only 40 muni, its very spammable ability. With such cost tanks should at very least not being able to cap points only de-cap them. And ideally tank cap\de-cap speed should not be equal to LVs one.
3 May 2021, 16:20 PM

Actually it will requare only tank, for 40 muni and the speed tanks are de-capture and capture territory its insane really. I'm not saying tanks should do that, but they are by no means should do it that fact. Tightrope did a video I belive showing it and tanks with Raidtactics are able to cap\de-cap almost instantly.
And being only 40 muni, its very spammable ability. With such cost tanks should at very least not being able to cap points only de-cap them. And ideally tank cap\de-cap speed should not be equal to LVs one.

Sorry about that. Thought they need inf. to get it done. It seems truly undercosted for what it does. And I give +1 for de-cap only suggestion.

I agree with Breathrough cost being devatable. But I think (since the commander is mostly used in 3v3/4v4 & skill is used in late game where you tend to have fleunt fuel with no mp) costing fuel instead of muni is not that bad. But the price of 50 fuel is too much yes. I have no opposite opinion in changing it to muni-costing skill, but I do think some (including me) might see it as a nerf.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS