Option Distribution Votes
8%
16%
74%
2%
Total votes: 50
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
31 Mar 2021, 01:13 AM

Do you guys think taking the HEAT grenades off of Sappers and moving them to Tommies and then either having it unlock once you get the Platoon Command Post like how it is for Sappers now or maybe bundling the AT nade with the Mills Bomb and increasing the cost of the package to 150 mp 15 fuel would make Tommies to strong? Ideally the goal of this would be to reduce the reliance on AEC every game and allow people to rely on AT guns, snares, and mines to try and keep vehicles at bay while they try to rush Centaur or Cromwell. Could also potentially remove 50 mp off the AEC requisition to compensate for the increase to the grenade package since the AEC also got nerfed like the Puma. So it would be 330 mp 75 fuel 6 population total versus the Puma's 320 mp 70 fuel 7 population.
31 Mar 2021, 01:45 AM

Absolutely yes. Remove the cover bonus from sections and give them a snare, then balance their strength from there. That would go a long way towards turning this cheesy faction into a real faction.
31 Mar 2021, 01:59 AM

That depends if you are going for themes/playstyle or homogenization. As it stands the original purpose of them not having it was to create a different type of playstyle. Now, is it set in stone that every mainline infantry unit has an AT snare? Or are we going to further remove differences in factions and make them re-paints of each other. The last part wouldn't of been so bad if there were more interesting and unique build choices but as of now there barely is any.

Also it would be a bit ironic that riflemen got smoke removed from their mainline infantry, but tommies would be able to have smoke, and AT nade, a grenade, and other utility.
31 Mar 2021, 02:41 AM

Sappers are t0 now and can sling piats... Tommies don't need yet another thing to make them dominate via also being able to threaten vehicles...
31 Mar 2021, 02:47 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

You could make it an upgrade for brit sections like medkits/pyro, and lock out 5 man for that squad? Maybe take a slot at that point but that might be too much. But tommies shouldn't get snares if they're at the powerlevel they are, especially when 5 man isn't getting reworked.
31 Mar 2021, 03:40 AM

Absolutely yes. Remove the cover bonus from sections and give them a snare, then balance their strength from there. That would go a long way towards turning this cheesy faction into a real faction.

Be carefull what you wish for. Maybe we will end up with snare on tommies and +5 fuel increse on bolsted to compinsate.
31 Mar 2021, 03:41 AM

yes please give tommies even more utilities, they don't have enougth as it is. /S
31 Mar 2021, 20:04 PM

1) Big no to further homogenizations

2) It would be a nerf, the way it is now helps REs to make it to that precious vet2

3) The less reasons to go 4 IS build and more to go for combined arms players get, the better

So yeah, to sum up, I voted to break your nose
31 Mar 2021, 20:06 PM

Please spare some mercy for the 222 and Luchs lol. One easy mainline at least!
1 Apr 2021, 17:26 PM

I'd just suggest remove out of cover penalty on Sappers. Though that might be unneccessary. With recent changes, massive IS spam is no longer the heart of UKF and I LIKE IT THAT WAY. Making Sappers more capable at rushing enemy mainlines means more sappers. Sappers have a great flow and justifying replacing some IS with Sappers REALLY helps the UKF game flow, especially with the Vickers changes.

Late game heavy sappers next patch.... oh jesus.
1 Apr 2021, 17:52 PM

I'd just suggest remove out of cover penalty on Sappers. Though that might be unneccessary. With recent changes, massive IS spam is no longer the heart of UKF and I LIKE IT THAT WAY. Making Sappers more capable at rushing enemy mainlines means more sappers. Sappers have a great flow and justifying replacing some IS with Sappers REALLY helps the UKF game flow, especially with the Vickers changes.

Sappers never had any out of cover penalty....
Pip
1 Apr 2021, 17:54 PM

Sappers never had any out of cover penalty....

Yeah, they have a cover bonus (with veterancy) that affects only their Stens, not a cover penalty. I can see how that might confuse someone though, it is a really weird "ability".
1 Apr 2021, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2021, 17:54 PMPip

Yeah, they have a cover bonus (with veterancy) that affects only their Stens, not a cover penalty. I can see how that might confuse someone though, it is a really weird "ability".

That Vet 1 is.... weird. That is an insane cover bonus at Vet 1, I just assumed they had the same as IS due to the vet 1 cover symbol.
1 Apr 2021, 19:33 PM

I think it's fine as is, especially since you can build royal engineers from T1 now.
2 Apr 2021, 09:00 AM

yeah I really like it as well. makes UKF less homogenious.

Personally, I wish Tommies got a bit of a nerf, and Royal engineers got a bit of a buff, to further encourage mixing the two. But it is perfectly fine right now in any case.

Though heavy sappers without a movement penalty are quite crazy ^_^
2 Apr 2021, 09:19 AM

That Vet 1 is.... weird. That is an insane cover bonus at Vet 1, I just assumed they had the same as IS due to the vet 1 cover symbol.

Not insane, the effective DPS impact is not that great I think. Certainly not enough to swing matchups they would already lose.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
United Kingdom 17
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak