Login

russian armor

Lefh Counter Barrage Controversy

PAGES (9)down
23 Mar 2021, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 20:58 PMPip

It shouldn't be so binary. It's fine that they can be killed, but you simply can't /do/ anything with the unit if the opponent has an adequate offmap, and that's the issue. Conversely, if your opponent DOESN'T have an adequate offmap, the thing is practically untouchable.

Come on man, you know the point he's making isnt "It shouldn't be able to be killed", it's that the unit type may as well not exist if your opponent has certain offmap options.

Which it actually not exist that much in rank 100 that I usually played. The point is, if you don't have the tool, you are a huge disadvantage to deal with a situation. Well too bad if you just keep picking a doctrine at 0 min of the game
23 Mar 2021, 21:23 PM

I think games should be designed and balanced by the viewpoint of competitive top players.

So autistic and unfun. You should be glad because that's exactly what's happening with this community driven "balance" team.
Pip
23 Mar 2021, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 21:23 PMTygrys

So autistic and unfun. You should be glad because that's exactly what's happening with this community driven "balance" team.

There is literally no reason to not balance around the best players in a given game. It isnt "Balancing" if you're making changes to suit players who do not know how to play, and you end up making something simply unplayable.
23 Mar 2021, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 21:23 PMTygrys

Go play MS Paint if you want fun. Coh2 is serious business.
23 Mar 2021, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 20:57 PMR_143

You can give the CB a pin point accuracy tracking and I hardly care since it a unit that can't even move to dodge anything unlike SPG and anyone can just nuke it

You can nuke ml20 howitzers too, what's your point?
23 Mar 2021, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2021, 21:25 PMPip

There is literally no reason to not balance around the best players in a given game. It isnt "Balancing" if you're making changes to suit players who do not know how to play, and you end up making something simply unplayable.

There is a big difference between balancing according to the best players and around dumb community tournaments with ~20 people participating. Guess which is happening. I'd much rather have lelic's idea of "balance" back than what's happening now.

Go play MS Paint if you want fun. Coh2 is serious business.

Really great and compelling argument there galaxy brain. What's the next step - you're going to flaunt your player card I absolutely don't care about?
23 Mar 2021, 23:33 PM

You seem upset, there are drugs for this
23 Mar 2021, 23:39 PM

??

Mortar auto attack, barrage and smoke barrage triggers CB.
MHT HE, AA, WP and Delayed as well.

Sorry I ment that the CB doesn't do this tracking behaviour with mortars. When you barrage yes it activates CB but if you tear down and move the mortar, the mortar isn't tracked and CB dosnt activate (the lefh will still move to the position where the mortar is but won't fire).

Think of doing the op test but with a mortar, the lefh would move to the place of origin where the mortar was but won't track and won't fire.

I haven't tested the mortar half tracks but I'm sure it's the same (edit: its not). It's just more trivia.
24 Mar 2021, 00:59 AM

Lol. People defending CB. Let's be honest. If ML20 had the CB, it would have been removed N patches ago. Alongside werfer and stuka which counter all infantry team weapons, and low range/accuracy of mobile arty on allies, CB serves no other purpose than to be blatantly toxic in teamgames. Don't know how many upgrades I had to skip on my infantry only to pull off a combo with a random teammate to nuke one LeFH out of 6. In 3v3, there will always be a premade team where one guy will spam LeFHs and they will pretty much leave one part of the map alone (top or bot VP) and just spam arty on the middle and the closer VP to win the game.
4v4 is an even bigger cancer.
24 Mar 2021, 02:02 AM

It only tracks for the first shot, though. The video fails to mention that detail. Once it starts firing, it no longer tracks, and it will just finish its counter barrage in that area.

So this is only relevant when you cancel the rocket artillery barrage and start moving before the LeFH has had a chance to set up and fire the first shell.

he might not be serious tho guys chill
24 Mar 2021, 02:03 AM

IMO it's a shame units autofire at all. The player should have to fire each shot in the game first person, or maybe third person style. I haven't decided which requires more 'skill'.
24 Mar 2021, 02:06 AM

You wanna lay barbed wire? Uhh yeah that's gonna need a quick-time-event. You have to time the stake hammer with the right key press, or else the barbed wire animation fails and you have to start all over again.
24 Mar 2021, 02:08 AM

Laying sandbags? Gonna have to use the new terrain grasper tool to fill each one individually. Don't overfill them or get any grass in there!
24 Mar 2021, 02:23 AM

You can nuke ml20 howitzers too, what's your point?

The point is even it has an "OP" ability, it still being lock behind vet and it can get nuke more reach vet 1 no matter which Stationary Arty that it on so why even cares do start this entire ordeal in the first place? Stationary Arty is hot trash and it been like this for a while
Pip
24 Mar 2021, 02:29 AM

IMO it's a shame units autofire at all. The player should have to fire each shot in the game first person, or maybe third person style. I haven't decided which requires more 'skill'.

You wanna lay barbed wire? Uhh yeah that's gonna need a quick-time-event. You have to time the stake hammer with the right key press, or else the barbed wire animation fails and you have to start all over again.

Laying sandbags? Gonna have to use the new terrain grasper tool to fill each one individually. Don't overfill them or get any grass in there!

I'm really not seeing what sort of point you're trying to make here.
24 Mar 2021, 02:47 AM

isnt it the point? CB should track through fow!
It is a vet1 ability.
and you can avoid by moving your unit, it is still rng even if the first shot tracks...
24 Mar 2021, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 02:29 AMPip

I'm really not seeing what sort of point you're trying to make here.

All brainless abilities that require no micro.

Issuing move commands? Brainless no micro ability. You click one button and the squad automatically moves to another point. Totally OP. Players ought to articulate each model's joints down to the toes if we want a real game of skill.
24 Mar 2021, 02:57 AM

More trivia, CB activates and tracks shermans and the valentine if you use the smoke ability.

And I kid you not, CB also activates when the britt base howitzers fire as well :D, give that base a nice dose of extremely lethal rounds.
24 Mar 2021, 03:02 AM

More trivia, CB activates and tracks shermans and the valentine if you use the smoke ability.

And I kid you not, CB also activates when the britt base howitzers fire as well :D, give that base a nice dose of extremely lethal rounds.

CB has cool down too. so you can misdirect it and waste it rounds.

does it tracks mortar shells?
24 Mar 2021, 03:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2021, 03:02 AMmrgame2

CB has cool down too. so you can misdirect it and waste it rounds.

does it tracks mortar shells?

Already said Cb dosnt track or fire at mortar teams unless they are still firing (mortar halftracks still do), not like that makes much of a difference towards mortars anyway.

If Cb didnt have cool down I would be extremely worried, its the exact same as the normal barrage and is affected by vet.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS