Login

russian armor

New ban system will destroy the community, not foster it

• This thread is locked
20 Mar 2021, 04:30 AM

I don't even know where to find hacks for this game, let alone care enough to use them. I hover around garbage-tier rank 7-9 in 2's. There are in fact so little rewards for being higher rank in this game, I don't even see the reason for hacking - the goal of this game is singular: to have a good game.

That said, I am banned for who knows how long, and who knows what for. No e-mail, no notification. The only information I can find I had to hunt for on my own, which says I must submit a dispute and provide evidence for how I am innocent. As if we hadn't spent 2 world wars and around 10,000 years establishing a rule of law that operated on the INSANE notion that a man was innocent until proven guilty. Fitting that the moderator that posted this is named after a Nazi war machine - and God I'm so hesitant to use that word, but this behavior is just so utterly goddamn fascistic I have to.

All I know is I haven't played this game in weeks, and I fire it up for a single game yesterday and win a pretty good one - lots of back and forth with us coming out on top. I log on today and now I'm banned.

How many people like me got this and will just walk away? How many people will actually bother to dig around to find the process to fix this? Will my case even be addressed? Is it worth it to get rid of a few Chinese hackers or whatever it is that brought this insanity?
20 Mar 2021, 05:06 AM

WITCH HUNT!
20 Mar 2021, 05:10 AM

Most people are not banned for hacks.

They are banned for:
- team killing
- being toxic
- being racist

So if you got banned, you need to think who did I piss off that would turn me in. Because it is A LOT of work to turn someone in. It is not easy.
20 Mar 2021, 06:00 AM

I don't even know where to find hacks for this game, let alone care enough to use them. I hover around garbage-tier rank 7-9 in 2's. There are in fact so little rewards for being higher rank in this game, I don't even see the reason for hacking - the goal of this game is singular: to have a good game.
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2021, 05:10 AMRosbone
So if you got banned, you need to think who did I piss off that would turn me in. Because it is A LOT of work to turn someone in. It is not easy.

This, and screenshots are considered weak evidence, video or timestamped replay files are encouraged. It's safe to conclude OP was rude to a teammate or opponant who took the effort to report, and Relic issued a ban due to their renewed commitment to the Code of Conduct.

That said, I am banned for who knows how long, and who knows what for. No e-mail, no notification. The only information I can find I had to hunt for on my own, which says I must submit a dispute and provide evidence for how I am innocent. As if we hadn't spent 2 world wars and around 10,000 years establishing a rule of law that operated on the INSANE notion that a man was innocent until proven guilty. Fitting that the moderator that posted this is named after a Nazi war machine - and God I'm so hesitant to use that word, but this behavior is just so utterly goddamn fascistic I have to.

Society isn't descending into fascism because you got banned for being rude in a videogame. Also, there is no such thing as a Sturmpanther, there is just a Sturmpanzer and Sturmtiger; "Sturmpanther" is the name of a user on this website.
MMX
20 Mar 2021, 06:07 AM

They are banned for:
- team killing
- being toxic
- being racist

one of these would be my guess as well.

now i don't know you personally and, hence, don't mean to insinuate this also applies in your case by any means, but it appears to me that people find it increasingly normal and totally acceptable to insult and flame others in videogames, coh2 sadly being no exception here.
so if you happen to trash-talk a lot during a match, it's probably best to look for answers there first. though i agree that it would probably be better if the reason and timeframe for a ban were communicated more clearly.
20 Mar 2021, 06:49 AM

I'm pretty confident atleast half of the bans were people who are base killing, there is no end to them
20 Mar 2021, 08:02 AM

What is 'new bansystem' the title says about? You have to send relic replay of each game you've played or what? No? So I see no new bansystems explained here so far. The title should've been rather 'why i'm banned?' and drown with the rest of rant threads.
20 Mar 2021, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2021, 08:02 AMHater
What is 'new bansystem' the title says about? You have to send relic replay of each game you've played or what? No? So I see no new bansystems explained here so far. The title should've been rather 'why i'm banned?' and drown with the rest of rant threads.

It's not so much a new ban system, more-so Relic recently announced a renewed commitment to enforcing the Code of Conduct and encouraged people to report griefers, cheaters, and assholes.
20 Mar 2021, 10:14 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2021, 08:02 AMHater
The title should've been rather 'why i'm banned?' and drown with the rest of rant threads.

+1

Also, there is no such thing as a Sturmpanther, there is just a Sturmpanzer and Sturmtiger; "Sturmpanther" is the name of a user on this website.

+1

They are banned for:
- team killing
- being toxic
- being racist

+1 and also commanderbug abusing

I think the others explained it already.

Have a look here:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/52964/list-of-players-suspended-banned-by-relic/page/2#post_id855731

And you can just write an Email to relic and ask how long is your ban. Then you will get your answer.

20 Mar 2021, 12:01 PM

Relic recently announced a renewed commitment to enforcing the Code of Conduct and encouraged people to report griefers, cheaters

Are you referring to this: https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/247033/moderation-enforcement-update
If so, there's nothing new, maybe just new CM [actually] wish to do his part. Also I think teamkillers is a lesser issue than drophackers, but since CoH2 itself always was a paragon of stability (no), it's hard to tell drophack from server glitch, so this type of reports are ignored. While teamkilling is just a perverted way to have fun. You can say that the murder is a way to have fun for the serial killers and that's why we have laws and I'll agree, I'm not saying it's totally wrong to ban teamkillers, but ban them and ignore drophackers isn't the way the 'laws' should work.
20 Mar 2021, 13:08 PM
Donator 11

They are banned for:
- team killing
- being toxic
- being racist

+1

Or base killing

Daspaulos whom a lot of people know in the bad way, got banned for bm-ing every game.

Also, give me a break you definitely know why you were banned. You said you played just one game.
20 Mar 2021, 13:21 PM

I don't even know

Summary GUILTY
20 Mar 2021, 13:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

As if we hadn't spent 2 world wars and around 10,000 years establishing a rule of law that operated on the INSANE notion that a man was innocent until proven guilty.

Disregarding the fact that two world wars were not in fact fought over the idea of innocent until proven guilty, that is in any case a concept that applies only to criminal cases and not civil cases and most definitely not as an organising principle for society in general

If you think you are being oppressed by being banned from a video game then you know, First World Problems

20 Mar 2021, 14:38 PM

They are banned for:
- team killing
- being toxic
- being racist

Anyone wanna guess which one? I have a hunch...

Is it worth it to get rid of a few Chinese hackers or whatever it is that brought this insanity?
20 Mar 2021, 15:26 PM

Society isn't descending into fascism because you got banned for being rude in a videogame. Also, there is no such thing as a Sturmpanther, there is just a Sturmpanzer and Sturmtiger; "Sturmpanther" is the name of a user on this website.

Lol that's just like saying there is no such thing as KuKluxGlan. I am offended by both.
Pip
20 Mar 2021, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2021, 15:26 PMcgrxman

Lol that's just like saying there is no such thing as KuKluxGlan. I am offended by both.

You're telling me you're "offended" by the thought of a German Tank? How do you bring yourself to even play the game?
20 Mar 2021, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2021, 16:29 PMPip

You're telling me you're "offended" by the thought of a German Tank? How do you bring yourself to even play the game?

I'm offended by someone thinking I'm so simple to believe that using the term "Sturm" with a shiny silver head, and color palette that evokes certain past organizations might not have an underlying context. Sturm, Storm, or variants thereof are quite common terms in neo-fascist organizations. It's in their titles, their logos, and their publications. Make no mistake, I am not insinuating that is the case here. It could just be some sort of a coincidence. However, I can understand how the OP arrived at his conclusion.
Pip
20 Mar 2021, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2021, 16:47 PMcgrxman

I'm offended by someone thinking I'm so simple to believe that using the term "Sturm" with a shiny silver head, and color palette that evokes certain past organizations might not have an underlying context. Sturm, Storm, or variants thereof are quite common terms in neo-fascist organizations. It's in their titles, their logos, and their publications. Make no mistake, I am not insinuating that is the case here. It could just be some sort of a coincidence. However, I can understand how the OP arrived at his conclusion.

It is an absolutely massive reach, and not a reasonable "conclusion" to have come to. This is an absolutely farcical train of thought.

I get the impression that you might just be OP, incidentally.

20 Mar 2021, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2021, 16:47 PMcgrxman

He's fuckin German. You want them to abolish the entire language to please you? Germans can't use the word "Storm" because it was used by Fascists in the past and wannabe Fascists who can't even speak German in the present?

And what color pallet? Cold steel with red glowing eyes? That has nothing to do with Nazi iconography, I cannot think of a single similarity. Red eyes is such a common trope you are really grasping at straws and seeing things that aren't there.
20 Mar 2021, 17:27 PM

He's fuckin German. You want them to abolish the entire language or something? Germans can't use the word "Storm" because it was used by Fascists in the past and wannabe Fascists who can't even speak German in the present?

Wait until he notices that this game features germans during WW2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★