Login

russian armor

Top level player allegedly maphacking in CoH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (23)down
13 Mar 2021, 16:21 PM

Yes those obviously do. They are a problem too if they transmit personal data. Optimally, they only transmit if they found something weird and the rest gets never saved.

But we don't have such a thing. If I got it correctly, people are suggesting that some 'experts' get remote control access over Seekings PC and check all installed programs and data files.

Seeking wouldn't/shouldn't agree to something like this, regardless of everything else. Also, it's really not that hard to securely delete any file or make it invisible.
13 Mar 2021, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2021, 16:21 PMEsxile

Then how do you know who's doing what? Is this uncle for real?

They analyzed the replays and found one person that plays at 30-60 APS and another that plays at over 100 APS so they're sure that it is two different people.
13 Mar 2021, 16:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2021, 15:39 PMCieZ

You'd also need to look at everything that has been deleted. Presumably, *IF* he was hacking, he has since uninstalled the program since he is under suspicion. You'd also have to hope/assume that he hadn't run some sort of drive/free space wipe on the SSD/HDD that the hacks were installed to. And there's still the potential that he played on his own account, on his uncle's PC, hacked via his uncle's software, but never hacked on his own computer.

It's an idea to let some one trusted analyze his PC, although I doubt there are many (if any) of us in this community with the proper knowledge/credentials to do it properly. And it wouldn't necessarily rule out foul play. And Seeking shouldn't willingly give anyone that level of access to his PC because going through a forensic process like that is extremely invasive.

Yes I fully agree. My whole point was how completely bananas and disproportionate this suggestion actually is. But I think we can leave it at this, this subject has already taken enough space.
13 Mar 2021, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2021, 16:16 PMGrumpy

While I agree that the accusations probably shouldn't have been made public, just the boosting speaks volumes to his character and is ban-worthy all by itself. Are you really here to defend boosting?

No. I'm not here to defend anything or anyone. I made that pretty clear. I didn't even bring up the boosting because this thread isn't about that but since it has been mentioned - obviously the boosting isn't good but it's also unrelated to the reason he has been barred from participating in ML events and not nearly as despicable as maphacking (if that part is true).
13 Mar 2021, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2021, 14:52 PMCieZ

I think the most damning scenarios are the ones where he "reacts" to things happening behind FOW and the defense is that he reacted AFTER the fact that he saw the units coming. So there's no "prefire".

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlFDmsKh5EY&list=PL_YBMTftAjosbora-jA6DR54ix8ZY_NNq&index=33

EVEN if you have the perfect scenario: unit perfectly aligned to where you want to shoot, unit selected and the camera in position, you can't bypass the ingame latency. Living in the same coast as the servers are located won't save you from it. Things get worse the further you are from it.

Most of the clips are either inconclusive or unreliable. I think most agree with it. I'm less inclined to say he is innocent after his defense of the dubious clips.
13 Mar 2021, 18:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I want anyone to show me that it is humanely possible to send an input key after receiving visual stimulus and for that to happen around 5/10 frames. In a game which has around 0.500ms/0.800ms delayed based on his distance to the servers.
Pip
13 Mar 2021, 18:21 PM

I want anyone to show me that it is humanely possible to send an input key after receiving visual stimulus and for that to happen around 5/10 frames. In a game which has around 0.500ms/0.800ms delayed based on his distance to the servers.

It isnt, and anyone claiming its possible is either lying, or has no concept of human limitations.

The only defence there would be if the replay FoW and the FoW in the actual game were severely desynched, but this apparently isnt the case (From what I've gathered from A_Es statements/testing) and if it were desynched, it would be desynched in the opposite direction. He'd be reacting slower in replays, not quicker.

These weird defences are making me more suspicious of Seeking, not less suspicious.
13 Mar 2021, 18:30 PM
Benefactor 115

A very important point indeed.

The average reaction time to visual stimulus is 250ms.

Add the server lag and you have almost a second, depending on your distance from the server.

Not taking into account PC lag, which varies depending on your monitor refresh rate and PC hardware.
Pip
13 Mar 2021, 18:53 PM

A very important point indeed.

The average reaction time to visual stimulus is 250ms.

Add the server lag and you have almost a second, depending on your distance from the server.

Not taking into account PC lag, which varies depending on your monitor refresh rate and PC hardware.

200-250ms is for single-stimulus reactions, to my knowledge, so for most purposes in a game like CoH2 the average reaction time will be a little slower than that.
13 Mar 2021, 18:56 PM

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Seeking was some Eastern European or Asian guy without this level of popularity.

I can guarantee he would have been banned 10 times already.

Instead, so many people are coming out claiming he was treated unfairly because people rightfully call him out for cheating.

Not even mentioning the fact that he has played on an account that belongs to a guy with 3 VAC bans and is confirmed coh2 map hacking. Not only has he played on said account, he has also played on the computer on which the maphack was(is) installed. I don't even know what to say at this point.

Incredible double-standards by the community as well as the people that are responsible for actually banning coh2 accounts.

13 Mar 2021, 19:07 PM

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Seeking was some Eastern European or Asian guy without this level of popularity.

Instead, so many people are coming out claiming he was treated unfairly because people rightfully call him out for cheating.

Not even mentioning the fact that he has played on an account that belongs to a guy with 3 VAC bans and is confirmed coh2 map hacking. Not only has he played on said account, he has also played on the computer on which the maphack was(is) installed. I don't even know what to say at this point.

Incredible double-standards by the community as well as the people that are responsible for actually banning coh2 accounts.

1000% if this evidence was submitted about a player with Chinese characters for a steam name and vac bans on his account, they’d be banned. Immediately.
Pip
13 Mar 2021, 19:19 PM

I barely even know who Seeking is other than "Some CoH2 player I've seen in Tightrope casts", honestly. Admittedly I'd say the same of most of the CoH2 "professionals". I wasn't really aware he had a level of popularity that would warrant people inventing very weak defences on his behalf.
13 Mar 2021, 19:44 PM
Donator 11

Ban him.
13 Mar 2021, 19:48 PM

He would've been banned immediately and dismissed as another Chinese/Korean maphacker.
13 Mar 2021, 19:56 PM

A random Eastern European or Asian guy without this level of popularity wouldnt have to suffer a witch hunt before the investigation is over
13 Mar 2021, 20:06 PM

A random Eastern European or Asian guy without this level of popularity wouldnt have to suffer a witch hunt before the investigation is over

That makes no sense to me as there wouldn't even be a lengthy investigation to begin with. Someone at Relic (or Sturmpanther idk) would see the clip and ban him immediately and there definitely wouldn't be a chance to appeal for the guy who is getting banned or do you think Sturmpanther gives every map hacker a chance to formulate a defense, "explaining" all the evidence presented. Seeking has received very favorable treatment and I find it very strange how there are people around who claim he was treated unfairly.
13 Mar 2021, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2021, 16:34 PMCieZ

No. I'm not here to defend anything or anyone. I made that pretty clear. I didn't even bring up the boosting because this thread isn't about that but since it has been mentioned - obviously the boosting isn't good but it's also unrelated to the reason he has been barred from participating in ML events and not nearly as despicable as maphacking (if that part is true).

This is straight BS. You came here to cast doubt on the maphack claims. Here is your post:

As for the evidence presented in A_E's initial video... in my opinion it is exceedingly weak.

Some community members messaged me some other clips that were slightly more convincing but personally I am not convinced that there was foul play.

The only clip that was even remotely suspicious in my opinion in A_E's initial video was when Seeking chased an AT gun to the corner of a map and from A_E's interview with Seeking, Seeking said that he had seen the AT gun prior to the clip itself. I have not verified this claim, but if true, even that clip isn't worthwhile.

The Brumb attack ground is mildly suspicious at best, however ordering an attack ground into a bottleneck when you know or suspect a push is coming isn't exactly mind-blowing. And I believe the AT guns had been shooting at his brumb when he ordered the second attack ground - although this was difficult to discern from A_E's youtube clip.

Looking at the edge of the fog of war isn't really suspicious in my opinion, especially early game if you're anticipating that a squad could show up, or trying to listen for some sort of vehicle. Everyone in this community listens into the fog for engine sounds/repair sounds or checks spawn locations in the case of team games to look at the base footprints. In 99-100% of my team games, I've looked into the fog to determine spawn locations, would that be evidence of maphacking? In general no, but if I had been accused publicly and people were LOOKING for evidence, it could be. Particularly if my camera happens to pan onto a squad while looking into the base.

However, I did feel like addressing the way that the entire situation was handled in hopes of encouraging similar situations to be handled differently in the future. The initial evidence showed little to no hard evidence of maphacking, and I believe that many of the clips that followed were simply confirmation bias.

I do agree that this should not have been made public.

To be clear, I have no dog in the fight.

You obviously do, or you wouldn't have posted this. If you want to defend him, go ahead, but don't pretend that you are not.
13 Mar 2021, 20:13 PM

Lol witch hunt nothing less. He damaged himself his reputation by playing on a shared account with a cheater. Absolutely nothing of this would have happened if he did not.
13 Mar 2021, 20:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2021, 20:12 PMGrumpy

You obviously do, or you wouldn't have posted this. If you want to defend him, go ahead, but don't pretend that you are not.

The "dog in the fight" means he does not have personal gains or relations to any of the people involved. That does not mean you can't have an opinion on the matter.
13 Mar 2021, 20:36 PM

The "dog in the fight" means he does not have personal gains or relations to any of the people involved. That does not mean you can't have an opinion on the matter.

It can also mean that you're not concerned with the outcome, which was how I interpreted it.

He made at least a half dozen claims about the evidence being weak, then claimed to be not defending the alleged maphacker.

He did have a valid point, though. Generally, I thought allegations of cheating were supposed to be private and this one should be no different. You should probably talk this over with the Mod team, but I'd have no problem with the entire thread being closed and invised.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Mexico 21
unknown 11
Germany 230
New Zealand 12
Peru 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #