Login

russian armor

Top level player allegedly maphacking in CoH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (23)down
11 Mar 2021, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 21:00 PMReverb

He takes an initial lucky shot through the FOW (nothing abnormal here, you can hear the T70 through FOW and taking attack ground shots is completely normal for the 1st...you see this all day on twitch streams of players attack grounding through that hedge). The lucky shot connects, now people seem to think the 2nd shot is very suspicious but it is not, when you hit something in the FOW through lucky attack grounds, the item you hit is momentarily revealed through the FOW (you can hear the *donk* of the round hitting).

I don't know what the picture of the "curved" shot is supposed to imply...are you saying he has some sort of aim hack?

if you attack by normal attack or auto and if that shot will hit.
whatever their move next your trajectory will curved and hit enemy unit .

I'm saying that shot is not ground attack.
11 Mar 2021, 21:12 PM

From the fact that some top players, said somewhere something. And instead of proper reasoning, we got a list of known names and a bunch of shitshow clips (not all of them, but most of them), which 90% of the ppl wont even watch. They will rather watch AE short video, in which even he made hell of a lot mistakes himself, and maybe some % of them will watch the clips from a perspective "Oh well this guy is indeed a cheater".

For me personally, if Seeking cant prove that his "replay vision bug" exists, then he is a cheater. Other then that, all of this is un-professional and unprepared BS drama.

Hell, this thread is appered even before Seeking made an explanation video. Prove that he is lieing about vision bug, and boom, this is enouth to officially call him cheater. Because is he is not, he wouldnt have lied.

Point is, maybe behind scene in private talks there was a proper reasoning behind all of this. Sad part is public is only looking at pile of shit now. This is why its unprofessional.

I guess my whole thrust is if youre looking for professionalism in an older gaming community for a game that isnt really supported anymore by a bankrupt company, you're just not going to find it, its a non starter complaint.

furthermore, i think the way this was put out was far far far more professional than what I expected. hearing some people tell you, you'd think AE fired off a 2 minute video with no clips, no discussion from top players and at the behest of a late night text from ashablois.
11 Mar 2021, 21:14 PM

Literally 44 people viewing this thread. Do people love drama this much?

We haven't had any good drama for a while I think, probably since the last time Kimbo(l0l) or barton did something controversial.
11 Mar 2021, 21:15 PM

furthermore, i think the way this was put out was far far far more professional than what I expected. hearing some people tell you, you'd think AE fired off a 2 minute video with no clips, no discussion from top players and at the behest of a late night text from ashablois.

If its not as bad it could have possibly been, it doesnt make it good.
11 Mar 2021, 21:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Literally 44 people viewing this thread. Do people love drama this much?

It's not the amount of people watching it live but rather recently.
11 Mar 2021, 21:23 PM

I don't know what the picture of the "curved" shot is supposed to imply...are you saying he has some sort of aim hack?

Ground attack shots never curve. But the curved trajectory has been common since CoH1 with aimed shots - as in, shots aimed at a visible target.
11 Mar 2021, 21:32 PM

normal attack trajectory will curved to hit target if it won't miss by calculate.
ps : a game will calculate that shot will hit or not before it even firing a gun after that it just rendering visual.

Here this shot never caused by ground attack it was a normal attack.

https://imgur.com/a/gHvmuMC

https://imgur.com/a/vvjSrT9
11 Mar 2021, 21:34 PM

Curved shots can only occur when a gun rolls a hit, and then the shell will follow the enemy vehicle regardless of its movement, causing curved projectiles. It can obviously only do that when it can directly target the enemy vehicle. So with direct line of sight. A curved shot with attack ground is impossible.

The question however is whether the curve is a camera angle or replay illusion or real. I suspect it's the former because I highly doubt the maphack (I have no idea how it works) allows to directly target vehicles in the FOW.
11 Mar 2021, 21:36 PM

Curved shots can only occur when a gun rolls a hit, and then the shell will follow the enemy vehicle regardless of its movement, causing curved projectiles. It can obviously only do that when it can directly target the enemy vehicle. So with direct line of sight.

The question however is whether the curve is a camera angle or replay illusion or real. I suspect it's the former because I highly doubt the maphack (I have no idea how it works) allows to directly target vehicles in the FOW.

Kind of a weird assumption considering units should interact normally when shown, even if it is through the fog of war. But admittedly, I dont know how it works either l0l.

More curious about the brum shot where he gave an attack ground order through shotblockers, never seeing the ATG, but reversing when he realized he was about to give up the ghost.
Pip
11 Mar 2021, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 20:25 PMvgfgff

can you explain this shot?
T70 is in FOW but his AT shoot to T70 with curved projectiles that cause by normal attack not ground attack .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCfe8aslYDw

https://imgur.com/cD4oS2w

"Curved Shots" are caused by the accuracy check succeeding, and forcing the shell to home in on the target. They only occur on actual attacks, not attack grounds, and only when the shot succeeds an accuracy check, as previously mentioned.

The fact that the shot didn't actually hit the t-70 on the third attack indicates this didn't happen, I don't think there's anything to see with regards to a "Curved shot".

It's odd that he "knew" where the T-70 was after it trundled back into the fog, especially as it changed direction after it stopped being visible, but vehicle sounds in the fog can be used fairly well to locate an unit. I'm not sure I'd call this /all/ that suspicious.
11 Mar 2021, 21:38 PM

Curved shots can only occur when a gun rolls a hit, and then the shell will follow the enemy vehicle regardless of its movement, causing curved projectiles. It can obviously only do that when it can directly target the enemy vehicle. So with direct line of sight. A curved shot with attack ground is impossible.

So this implies the map hack interacts with the game play (basing rolls off vision provided by the map hack)?
11 Mar 2021, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 21:38 PMPip

"Curved Shots" are caused by the accuracy check succeeding, and forcing the shell to home in on the target. They only occur on actual attacks, not attack grounds, and only when the shot succeeds an accuracy check, as previously mentioned.

The fact that the shot didn't actually hit the t-70 on the third attack indicates this didn't happen, I don't think there's anything to see with regards to a "Curved shot".

It's odd that he "knew" where the T-70 was after it trundled back into the fog, especially as it changed direction after it stopped being visible, but vehicle sounds in the fog can be used fairly well to locate an unit. I'm not sure I'd call this /all/ that suspicious.

When you hit something the FOW it is momentarily revealed. Note that the "FOW" box is clicked on but the T70 is visible.
Pip
11 Mar 2021, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 21:38 PMReverb

So this implies the map hack interacts with the game play (basing rolls off vision provided by the map hack)?

Assuming he /were/ using a map hack, yes. If it only provides "vision" to the player, rather to the "engine", then you wouldn't be able to have a shot curve into a target into the FoW, it simply doesn't work like that.

I can't see the alleged curve in the video though, it just seems like a straight shot to me, maybe i should rewatch it.
Pip
11 Mar 2021, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 21:40 PMReverb

When you hit something the FOW it is momentarily revealed. Note that the "FOW" box is clicked on but the T70 is visible.

Im aware, but that's not what I'm talking about. The unit is revealed from being hit, but it still isnt being directly targeted by the PAK gun.
11 Mar 2021, 21:43 PM

In second shot It was not revealed. and It was curved. that what I suspect.
edit I mean last shot.
11 Mar 2021, 21:45 PM

More curious about the brum shot where he gave an attack ground order through shotblockers, never seeing the ATG, but reversing when he realized he was about to give up the ghost.

You can see in the replay that OKW puts Artillery Flares in that area barely 1 second after he tries to attack ground. Might be some kind of sync error where in the real game the flares were put down a bit earlier. If not, then yes I agree that clip is very suspicious.
Pip
11 Mar 2021, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 21:43 PMvgfgff

In second shot It was not revealed. and It was curved. that what I suspect.

The shot appears straight to me, the "curve" you're seeing is an artefact of the camera angle, I think.
11 Mar 2021, 21:48 PM

I've been running some tests.

First of all, random note, vehicles apparently do not always appear in the FOW when they get hit. It seems completely random. But just as often they stay invisible. No idea why.

Second of all, a vet 1 Pak 40 does not have a high enough fire rate to manually target a vehicle that got lid up by a previous attack ground shot.
11 Mar 2021, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 21:46 PMPip

The shot appears straight to me, the "curve" you're seeing is an artefact of the camera angle, I think.

in last shot( not second. sorry by bad) at 0.57
I've watch it multiple time on super slow motion and with frame by frame and I see a bullet was curved.or maybe it was replay glicthing
For sure I must have a replay file and watch it on top view again.

11 Mar 2021, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2021, 21:38 PMPip

but in last shot even replay show it likely to hit a ground not T70 but it still does a full damage to t70.

PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 25
United States 25
Germany 34
unknown 33
Peru 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias