Login

russian armor

OKW Commander Revamp 2021

9 Mar 2021, 17:04 PM

ISU and Elephant have lost their bomb strikes. JagdTiger must lose his assault artillery. This is too strong a combination.
9 Mar 2021, 17:17 PM

Just put them inside the Command PV so no longer infinite range and then you can add something like the Sturm Offizer.

Sounds good and Sturm offizer fit the theme
9 Mar 2021, 17:17 PM

ISU and Elephant have lost their bomb strikes. JagdTiger must lose his assault artillery. This is too strong a combination.

Were these not removed/changed simply because those doctrines hard counter tanks and indirect fire options?
I dont see how this fits with the JT-doc.

9 Mar 2021, 17:20 PM

Were these not removed/changed simply those doctrines hard counter tanks and indirect fire options?
I dont see how this fits with the JT-doc.

JT + assault artillery simply dominates the battlefield.
9 Mar 2021, 17:58 PM

Just put them inside the Command PV so no longer infinite range and then you can add something like the Sturm Offizer.

:ph34r:
9 Mar 2021, 18:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

:ph34r:

:rolleyes:

I do like the idea of freeing up a slot for the Sturm Offizier. That unit needs to be in more doctrines and it'd fit the theme well enough.
9 Mar 2021, 18:29 PM

Speaking of ST to Break and JT to Elite armor.

Dont you think its an overkill? I mean, Elite armor already buffs your tanks, has income unit (which is LV aswell) and on top of that JT.

I mean, it will be no-brainer pick for teamgames.
9 Mar 2021, 18:53 PM

Elite Armored Doctrine

CP 0 SdKfz 221(/223) Scout Car

CP 4 Emergency Repairs

CP 5 Panzer Commander

CP 7 High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) Shells

CP 8 Sturmtiger

General:
A commander with some abilities that do not synergy very well together.
Commander available one to 3 vehicles
Heat round good for some vehicle not so much for other
An expensive economy vehicle and ST that simply does not fit the commander.

Suggestions:

Imo there simply too much request from this vehicle ending up being mediocre cost efficient in many role.

I would rather see one of the following solutions:

A) 223 moved to over-watch commander where it serve as Reckon anti sniper vehicles, Ostheer Opel truck now available.

B) 221 removed 223 become cheaper (240? no fuel) with lower DPS but addition damage to Sniper and higher penetration to serve as counter to micro light vehicles and Sniper.

Can now launch flares. Optional can now use the "Siphon" ability a timed ability allowing to steal resources from enemy sectors. Such an ability is already in game.

CP 5 Panzer Commander

Some of the following changes. Become passive ability affecting Puma and JT.

Sight bonus reduce to +5 for PzIV/Panther/KT that can still upgrade with pintle player can toggle from pintle to commander gaining +5 vision.

The barrage is too powerful for vehicles and can should be replace by mortar one and cost reduced to 60.

CP 7 High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) Shells

The ability creates different result to vehicles with PzIV and KT getting good AI improvement from an AT ability.

I would rather have it become passive adding a 10-15% penetration bonus to vehicles.
or
Add a deflection damage bonus

Alternatively one could customize the bonus according to vehicle:
Luch could get penetration
Puma could get accuracy/penetration
JP could get penetration
PzIV penetration
Panther accuracy (maybe range)
KT range

CP 8 Sturmtiger

Move this unit Breakthrough and redesign.
The animation for reloading is great and idea of the abandon interesting but can exploited.

So remove the abandon mechanism (or even replace with possibility of gunner injured critical resulting to lower ROF.)

Remove the reload mechanism and replace with switchable round, AP and Shaped charge.

Changes to gun:

Now has world pierce so that it become reliable.

HE shell limited up 4 kill per squads now inflict "shell shock" critical to reducing speed and ROF to unit.

Shaped charge rounds does bonus damage vehicles/structures small kill radius for infatry with no hard limit.

Redesign the vehicle to be able to fight even while reloading. Greatly increase DPS of hull mg to T-34 levels or above, NahVW grenade launcher always on attacking soft targets damage reduce from 80 to 20-40. Now the vehicle can spear head attacks and cause damage even without firing main gun instead of firing and then moving back to reload.
Pip
9 Mar 2021, 18:54 PM

Dont you think its an overkill? I mean, Elite armor already buffs your tanks, has income unit (which is LV aswell) and on top of that JT.

Yeah, Elite Armour really should NOT get the JT, especially if it were then able to use HEAT shells. Elite Armour already does its job of providing a (meagre) resource boost, helping your vehicles to fight vehicles, and reducing their downtime. The JT would make it a total no-brainer, the ST is there mostly because the ST is a meme and kind of a waste of a commander slot in most cases.

If EA wants changes, the things G17 and I were talking about in another thread would be a rather less stupid set of edits.
9 Mar 2021, 19:20 PM

No more than Elefant/ISU and there are other changes suggested.

One could move JT to overwatch instead of Lefh or Fortification instead of 88.
9 Mar 2021, 19:38 PM

Imo there simply too much request from this vehicle ending up being mediocre cost efficient in many role.

I would rather see one of the following solutions:

A) 223 moved to over-watch commander where it serve as Reckon anti sniper vehicles, Ostheer Opel truck now available.

B) 221 removed 223 become cheaper (240? no fuel) with lower DPS but addition damage to Sniper and higher penetration to serve as counter to micro light vehicles and Sniper.

Can now launch flares. Optional can now use the "Siphon" ability a timed ability allowing to steal resources from enemy sectors. Such an ability is already in game.

Disagree, Overwatch doesnt need an anti sniper vehicle. You can counter snipe already with Jäger infantry additionally the changes would make it too niche in my opinion. I really like how the 221/3 is because it gives OKW an edge where its usually lacking. Early ULV which is sturdy enough and able to kill models with bursts.
9 Mar 2021, 19:48 PM

Disagree, Overwatch doesnt need an anti sniper vehicle. You can counter snipe already with Jäger infantry additionally the changes would make it too niche in my opinion. I really like how the 221/3 is because it gives OKW an edge where its usually lacking. Early ULV which is sturdy enough and able to kill models with bursts.

The suggested role is to counter both M3 and Snipers.

Point here is that 223 cost 320/30 and has a pop of 4(?) which make it compare bad to Ostheer Opel.

There is not need for 221/223 to attempt feel some many roles. One should use different unit for these roles (221/223/Opel) and balance and design them better.
9 Mar 2021, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2021, 19:48 PMVipper

The suggested role is to counter both M3 and Snipers.

Point here is that 223 cost 320/30 and has a pop of 4(?) which make it compare bad to Ostheer Opel.

There is not need for 221/223 to attempt feel some many roles. One should use different unit for these roles (221/223/Opel) and balance and design them better.

After re-reading a bit, I have to say I understand where you are comming from and why, but I feel like the 221/3 has a pretty defined role already in my eyes. Early aggression sprinkled with utility, for when AT weapons role out.
Im not sure how others see the commander, but I choose Elite-armor solely because of the scout car most of the time. Tank commander and heat just make it more playable because this commander basically only has 4 abilities. The sturmtiger is just not worth the headache.
9 Mar 2021, 20:50 PM

I would like to see the Airborne Attack of Luftwafe reworked. The AI strafe is just bad and the single AT strafe comes too late.
I would suggest to change the ability to a pure AI attack like the soviet Sturmovik attack and reduce the price to 180 mun. This would make the ability unique - there would be no overlap anymore with air attack of Overwatch.
9 Mar 2021, 23:39 PM

> Sturmtiger
> Now has world pierce so that it become reliable.

Ah, I see this is a fairy tale thread.
12 Mar 2021, 13:09 PM

Feuersturm Doctrine

CP 0 Assault Package

CP 0 Flammpanzer 38 Hetzer

CP 0 Incendiary Munitions

CP 2 Opel Blitz Truck

CP 9 280mm Rocket Barrage

General:
A situational commander.

Suggestions:

CP 0 Assault Package

The later changes to SP have made this upgrade even less attractive since it lock out both Shreck and the sweeper.

The upgrade for VG allows smoke grenade spam.

I would suggest the following:
Replace the package with a separate an assault VG squad (similar to assault sections) that is inline with other such unit and does not have a snare. This will also allow to custom made abilities, vet bonuses cost reinforcement cost,... according to unit role.

One could test offering the unit a Flamer upgrade or the flamer moved incendiary weapons ability.

CP 2 Opel Blitz Truck

With latest change to OKW tech and the changes to HT this unit has become less desirable although it can be very oppressive. The unit cost 200/25 and has a pop of 3 when one can get heal truck+leig for 120/25.

I suggest either scrap the unit and replace it with another ability
or
Remove the fuel, remove the toggle ability to heal, unit now heal passenger or when in base sector pop down, unit now has shared veterancy.

CP 0 Incendiary Munitions

This commander ability require to invest in T1 and leig. Even then the low trajectory of the rather inaccurate barrage make it collide with terrain/shot blocker and might even to "suicide" if attempting to fire behind a shot blocker.

My suggestion replace the ability with Mortar from the urban assault commander that could fire incendiary rounds.

In addition flamer upgrade should be moved here. Since the flamer upgrade is not that practical one could change the name to "sapper training" and test moving to VG instead who would lose their snare once upgraded. If the DPS prove to be high one could also add a minesweeper to the unit making more utility.

CP 0 Flammpanzer 38 Hetzer

A unit difficult to time and utilize.

I would suggest that is move to T0 so that is available to be built even without a T4 or that becomes a call-in again. Specialized unit will cause little issue if they are call ins.

(same goes for all flame vehicles) to move DOT damage to an ability and adjust normal damage. That would help to better balance since it could be powerful but for a limited time.

Increase the rear armor form 80 since being case mate and having sort range make the unit expose it. Increase mobility mostly acceleration or add an acceleration vet bonus.

12 Mar 2021, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2021, 10:50 AMVipper

CP 0 Panzer Fussiliers
290 MU

Pzfusilier is 270 MP not 290.
12 Mar 2021, 14:02 PM

Pzfusilier is 270 MP not 290.

Thanks for correction.

It explain in detail further down in later post

CP 0 Panzer Fussiliers
270 MU, G43 295/ 80MU AT 270/ 100MU
12 Mar 2021, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2021, 14:02 PMVipper

Thanks for correction.

It explain in detail further down in later post

CP 0 Panzer Fussiliers
270 MU, G43 295/ 80MU AT 270/ 100MU

Oh right, missed that, my bad. You might want to update your original post then for suggested changes.
12 Mar 2021, 14:09 PM

Oh right, missed that, my bad. You might want to update your original post then for suggested changes.

I did update it. At some point I will probably put all abilities available with the descriptions after the commander to make the access easier.

It simply allot of work for one person :) so any help or corrections are appreciated.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★