Login

russian armor

Winter Patch Buglist 2021

PAGES (8)down
5 Mar 2021, 10:51 AM

I know its not a bug, it more User Experience issue but:
Vehicle Prioritize on AT units from default is very useful and it will take some time to change habits not to hit it every time :), but now the icon overlay is shown when unit disables vehicle prioritize which mess things a lot and is counter intuitive to new players (which after some time they understand that those icon represents some different state than normal) and for me cost additional brain CPU to verify if its AT :)
5 Mar 2021, 22:50 PM

Planes have human crush which seems to give them the potential to wipe squads still. I did some testing with a tuning pack to see what the effect of removing human crush would be in comparison to the current.

With human crush (current):

Without human crush:
5 Mar 2021, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2021, 22:50 PMWelp
Planes have human crush which seems to give them the potential to wipe squads still...

I can confirm that since I lost an ober squad to a plane crush.
7 Mar 2021, 01:31 AM

UKF Air Resupply Operation ability no longer drops any equipment, only med kits.
7 Mar 2021, 07:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2021, 01:31 AMsrider
UKF Air Resupply Operation ability no longer drops any equipment, only med kits.

it did drop weapons when I tried it last. Maybe the crushed on trees or something?
7 Mar 2021, 10:55 AM

Not a bug but...could we also add "Reload ammo" button for all flamethrower armor in the game - kv-8, ost flameht, british crocodile, okw flame hetzer?
7 Mar 2021, 12:02 PM

Haven't had time to test it again but me and my brother were both using UKF Commando 'Assault' ability (on whiteball should that matter).

It seemed that each time a plane was shot down it wasn't replaced in the next use. Ended up with just 2 planes on the recon sweep by the last time I used it.
7 Mar 2021, 13:17 PM

The "recent games" in steam do not seem to work. Most recent game seems to be 40 days ago
7 Mar 2021, 14:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

DhSK and .50 cal share the same unit icon. Please revert this back, they used to be unique

It is intended. M2HB stays in the same cathegory with DShK (0.50 cal HMG). Before it has had same icon with 7.62/7.94/0.30 HMGs, which is bad, since performance of M2HB is much closer to DShK. Now it helps to clearly see, which HMG you deal with (0.50 or default 0.30).

Whatever the icon was before, it was different than other MGs. So now you cannot tell in the tactical map for example the diff b/w a DhSK and a .50 cal

HMG mini/tactical map symbol change was intended to fix these issues:
1. Separate HMG from infantry units
2. Show the direction of HMG on the minimap.
Before this change, it was applied only to Maxim, DShK and perhaps M2HB.

FYI to the Design Team, some of the descriptions associated with builds & techs have not been updated to reflect the actual build order in-place per the patch as follows:

Hover over the MG Build Button, the Text reads "Requires: Any Converted Headquarters":
However, if a player Converts the Battlegroup HQ, the MG does not unlock until Battlegroup Upgrade is researched.

Hover over STG or G43 Upgrade Buttons, text reads "Requires: Any Converted Headquarters":
However, if a player Converts the Battlegroup HQ, the Weapons cannot be built until Battlegroup Upgrade is researched.

Hover over the Schwerer Panzer Headquarters Build Button, text reads "Requires: Converted BattleGroup Headquarters or Mechanized Regiment":
However, if a player converts the Battlegroup HQ, the Schwerer cannot be built until Battlegroup Upgrade is researched.

Battlegroup Upgrade does not mention or include Schewerer Headquarters Unlock in the description.

I think this is very confusing, especially for beginners and casual players. Please take this as constructive advice. Thanks for supporting this game and keeping it fresh!

Respectfully.

Thank you for information!
Pip
7 Mar 2021, 17:14 PM

It is intended. M2HB stays in the same cathegory with DShK (0.50 cal HMG). Before it has had same icon with 7.62/7.94/0.30 HMGs, which is bad, since performance of M2HB is much closer to DShK. Now it helps to clearly see, which HMG you deal with (0.50 or default 0.30).

This is understandable, though wouldn't it be better if all units had an unique unit icon? This would solve both the issue you're suggesting, and also the one NorthWeapon is speaking about.

There are a few units that have similar/the same unit icon... for many this doesn't actually matter, as they're units used by different factions, but for team weapons (and even vehicles) this can be an issue, if either you or your opponent capture these weapons, you might be looking at two identical icons, but two different units.

MGs are the most obvious offender, MGs have one of two icons: "Normal HMG", or "Heavy HMG" (Redundant acronym, I know).

Mortars also generally share the same/similar Icons, the Pack Howitzer and LeIG being exceptions, though they both are distinct from "true" mortars.

To my knowledge the M57 and 6 pounder share an icon... which sort of makes sense, they have the same model... but the units are totally different. Other AT guns have an unique icon, but it's a silhouette, and so is kinda busy.

Generally tanks have their own unique icons, but they're very busy, due to being silhouettes of the unit, and can on occasion be a little confusing... it would be quite nice if they had more "abstract" icons, like infantry all do, rather than having silhouettes.

There are one or two other, more minor examples (Pioneers and CEs sharing an icon, possibly others). These don't really matter as much, but it might be nice if they had their own unique ones anyway. I assume, in the case of Pioneers and CEs, that this was done with the idea in mind that "An engineer is an engineer", but the fact the other three factions have unique icons for their engineer units (Despite being functionally pretty similar to Pioneers, in the case of RoyEs) means this has broken down a little.

I might have a look at trying to design some new, more abstract unit icons for some of these units (Though I'm not a fantastic artist, so they'd just be fairly crude proof-of-concept offerings, I'm afraid). Is it something the balance team might have even the slightest interest in, do you think? It would be fairly trivial to implement if the assets are made, and might serve to make some things a bit more readable/professional looking.
7 Mar 2021, 21:33 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2021, 17:14 PMPip

This is understandable, though wouldn't it be better if all units had an unique unit icon? This would solve both the issue you're suggesting, and also the one NorthWeapon is speaking about.

There are a few units that have similar/the same unit icon... for many this doesn't actually matter, as they're units used by different factions, but for team weapons (and even vehicles) this can be an issue, if either you or your opponent capture these weapons, you might be looking at two identical icons, but two different units.

MGs are the most obvious offender, MGs have one of two icons: "Normal HMG", or "Heavy HMG" (Redundant acronym, I know).

I believe there are several reasons for that:
1. It was in that way in vCoH
2. 0.30 HMG are moslty the same (maybe Maxim is the only excetion).

Some years ago Mr.Someguy suggested to add wheel on the symbol of soviet HMG to separate them from others. but this idea didn't go anywhere.

Mortars also generally share the same/similar Icons, the Pack Howitzer and LeIG being exceptions, though they both are distinct from "true" mortars.

Because mortars are mostly the same in terms of range, damage and etc. Exceptions:
120-mm PM-38 (has it's own symbol for about 3-4 years)
M1 81-mm Mortar (HE barrage has smaller range, than others)
Don't thing anything should be done here.

To my knowledge the M57 and 6 pounder share an icon... which sort of makes sense, they have the same model... but the units are totally different. Other AT guns have an unique icon, but it's a silhouette, and so is kinda busy.

Generally tanks have their own unique icons, but they're very busy, due to being silhouettes of the unit, and can on occasion be a little confusing... it would be quite nice if they had more "abstract" icons, like infantry all do, rather than having silhouettes.

It's working and in general is fine. Perhaps some issues can be seen with M1 57-mm/6 pounder and M4A3(76)W/M4A3E8.

There are one or two other, more minor examples (Pioneers and CEs sharing an icon, possibly others). These don't really matter as much, but it might be nice if they had their own unique ones anyway. I assume, in the case of Pioneers and CEs, that this was done with the idea in mind that "An engineer is an engineer", but the fact the other three factions have unique icons for their engineer units (Despite being functionally pretty similar to Pioneers, in the case of RoyEs) means this has broken down a little.

They already exist and offered to balance team.

I might have a look at trying to design some new, more abstract unit icons for some of these units (Though I'm not a fantastic artist, so they'd just be fairly crude proof-of-concept offerings, I'm afraid). Is it something the balance team might have even the slightest interest in, do you think? It would be fairly trivial to implement if the assets are made, and might serve to make some things a bit more readable/professional looking.

You are welcome to leave your ideas and feedback here :)
https://www.coh2.org/topic/93861/feedback-on-ui-changes-of-the-game
7 Mar 2021, 22:05 PM

All AT vehicles and mobile ATG squads start with prioritize vehicle active.

While this works, and the units correctly spawn with the "prioritize vehicle" icon above them, the UI button toggle is now inverted. It seems that the UI button isn't also set to "on" when the unit is created, so clicking it actually turns it off. Clicking it again (which would turn it off) turns prioritize back on. It's just a bit confusing if you're setting the mode while not looking directly at the unit.
7 Mar 2021, 22:18 PM

Lost control of a Volks squad half way through a game. I could select the unit but the hotkeys and UI wouldn't work.

Never seen this before, I think I was constructing sandbags and issued a Shift+Retreat order, changed my mind to just retreat and although I could select it I couldn't issue any orders, it got eaten by a land mattress lol.

Also, does the 221 not have any skins? Or is that a bug, can't remember.
Pip
7 Mar 2021, 22:59 PM

I believe there are several reasons for that:
1. It was in that way in vCoH
2. 0.30 HMG are moslty the same (maybe Maxim is the only excetion).

Some years ago Mr.Someguy suggested to add wheel on the symbol of soviet HMG to separate them from others. but this idea didn't go anywhere.

1: Just because it was like that in vCoH doesnt really mean it should still be that way now, honestly. I don't think it was a good thing there, either.

2: I dunno, I think they're different enough to warrant their having different icons. They've all got disparate suppression characteristics, and quite different abilities on top of that

Because mortars are mostly the same in terms of range, damage and etc. Exceptions:
120-mm PM-38 (has it's own symbol for about 3-4 years)
M1 81-mm Mortar (HE barrage has smaller range, than others)
Don't thing anything should be done here.

They do have different abilities though, and it's still one of those things that's got 0 downside other than the time investment to make new icons. Even if they're fairly similar, lets say you have the option to kill an OST mortar, US mortar, or a Soviet mortar, (But only one of the three) and steal it. Are they all equally valuable and interchangeable to you, or might you prefer one over the other in a particular circumstance?

It's working and in general is fine. Perhaps some issues can be seen with M1 57-mm/6 pounder and M4A3(76)W/M4A3E8.

It's "Working", sure, but it'd be a fairly easy change, and make the game look rather more professional, I think... Not to mention being much more instantly readable. They'd also fit better with the Infantry (And Mortar/MG) icons, which are abstract representations, not silhouettes.

They already exist and offered to balance team.

Perfect, exactly the sort of thing I mean! I'm really rather surprised the Balance Team haven't implemented them... but perhaps they'd be more willing with a "comprehensive" icon rework?

You are welcome to leave your ideas and feedback here :)
https://www.coh2.org/topic/93861/feedback-on-ui-changes-of-the-game

I'll see what I can do, thanks for the link! (It may take some time, I'm often fairly busy working)
8 Mar 2021, 07:46 AM

FPS drops below 40, when normaly it was around 80
MMX
8 Mar 2021, 08:30 AM

Lost control of a Volks squad half way through a game. I could select the unit but the hotkeys and UI wouldn't work.

Never seen this before, I think I was constructing sandbags and issued a Shift+Retreat order, changed my mind to just retreat and although I could select it I couldn't issue any orders, it got eaten by a land mattress lol.

Also, does the 221 not have any skins? Or is that a bug, can't remember.

ah, so the 64 bit update didn't kill the infamous 'vilshanka bug' unfortunately :(

this ui bug has been around for some time and used to occur quite frequently on vilshanka (hence the moniker), but is sadly not limited to this map alone. usually you can regain control by clicking on or entering/exiting an ambient building, but even this won't work 100% of the time. plus, once you run out of empty garrisons that usually means tough luck.
sometimes wildly cycling through your units and giving random orders before switching back to the bugged one can also solve the issue at least temporarily, but afaik there's no universal fix.

iirc it has something to do with how the maps were ported into the game on relic's side, so there's likely not too much mapmakers can do to prevent it from happening, either.
8 Mar 2021, 17:43 PM

The new Take Aim Vet 1 ability from the Vickers don't cool down when the machine gun is packed and mobile
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS