Login

russian armor

So UKF rework when?

30 Jan 2021, 18:04 PM

So I just got back into the game after a 2 years hiatus and when I started playing UKF, I immediately went "Wow are they horribly designed". Just by playing them a bit I can already list a few major issues with them. This is a 1v1 perspective. IMO, they need a full total rework with redesigned core units and abilities.

- Bolster still exists LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- Tommies are such a crutch for UKF.
- Snares on REs that only gets built like 2 max.
- Mortar pit is still a mortar pit.
- AT gun with free sprint at vet 1 cause yes.
- Emplacements are dumb and stupid, only serve as noob trap.
- Vickers that focuses on killing instead of suppress, which defeats the purpose of a HMG.
- Cromwell struggles in AI and meh at AT. Causing people to just straight skip to Comets/Churchills.
- Comets still has a ability "Wipe this AT gun for me" WP shot.

Look I'm pretty sure balance team had done a great job so far because USF really feels it's not kneecapped after tech rework. I would gladly take the nerf to IS if it meant playing the faction doesnt feel like it's left to rot.

EDIT: Mixed up Comet and Churchill abilities by mistake
31 Jan 2021, 07:03 AM

31 Jan 2021, 16:17 PM

well in cromwell case dont even need guns just run infantry over and cromwell at funnily enough works best on heavies like jt/elef and just ran circles around them like an idiot
31 Jan 2021, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2021, 16:17 PMLMAO
well in cromwell case dont even need guns just run infantry over and cromwell at funnily enough works best on heavies like jt/elef and just ran circles around them like an idiot

Sound good on paper untill it lose heavy crush and faust is basically everywhere.
31 Jan 2021, 17:57 PM

Sound good on paper untill it lose heavy crush and faust is basically everywhere.

Crush level and crush humans are different properties.
31 Jan 2021, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2021, 17:57 PMVipper

Crush level and crush humans are different properties.

Yes, but no heavy crush mean no easy Escape and as said, faust is everywhere mean crushing is not a good idea.
31 Jan 2021, 18:21 PM

Yes, but no heavy crush mean no easy Escape and as said, faust is everywhere mean crushing is not a good idea.

Cromwell didn't have heavy crush so it never lost it.
31 Jan 2021, 19:22 PM

They nerfed rotation rate not crush type to prevent mega crush. Crommy and Wolverine could pivot-kill infantry due to faster rotation speed than getting out of the way. Crommy doesnt crush as reliably now.
31 Jan 2021, 19:54 PM

Brit reworks get suggested every week and continue to fall on deaf ears.
31 Jan 2021, 20:35 PM

Brit reworks get suggested every week and continue to fall on deaf ears.

write an email to relic, im sure they'll value your opinion
1 Feb 2021, 06:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2021, 18:21 PMVipper

Cromwell didn't have heavy crush so it never lost it.

Then it is my bad. Still, crushing is not a good option with the availability of snare is what i mean
1 Feb 2021, 08:24 AM

Then it is my bad. Still, crushing is not a good option with the availability of snare is what i mean

No problem it happens.

The reason why Crom was so good at Crushing was the high rotation speed. The new patch actually has made the mobility bonuses available earlier (bigger). The unit has superior mobility than many unit.

If crushing becomes an issue will have to see.
1 Feb 2021, 11:05 AM

The entire design of Brit faction is strong buffing of core units, balanced by removing or gimping of support abilities/units.

It's like brute force faction. If you nerf Tommies and add mortars, snares etc you just end up with Ost..
1 Feb 2021, 13:02 PM

Like 90% of the playerbase, the balance team hates Brits, so the priority is nerfing them to an unusable level rather than fixing anything :romeoMug:
1 Feb 2021, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2021, 13:02 PMsuora
Like 90% of the playerbase, the balance team hates Brits, so the priority is nerfing them to an unusable level rather than fixing anything :romeoMug:

IDK mate. The first month of the balance patch was basically focused exclusively fine tuning their third healing option

To the topic. You can't balance the brits because you can't balance a faction where the infantry has to be balanced in 2 states. Bolster is holdong back the brits so hard in terms of balance. It never ever ever EVER should have been a global. Taking that away and those tea drinking swine can be on the way to a balanced state. Until that point tommies will be disrupting balance by being in a state of OP that justifies other things being too weak or UP and justifying things being strong.

Im under no illusion that balance is easy, but it straight up doesn't make sense for there to be such a balance variable in something as core as mainline infantry and the counterbalance in place to accommodate them.

Just like trying to balance commanders with a fucked up core full of holes you can't balance a faction with fucked up infantry.
Pip
1 Feb 2021, 20:06 PM

IDK mate. The first month of the balance patch was basically focused exclusively fine tuning their third healing option

To the topic. You can't balance the brits because you can't balance a faction where the infantry has to be balanced in 2 states. Bolster is holdong back the brits so hard in terms of balance. It never ever ever EVER should have been a global. Taking that away and those tea drinking swine can be on the way to a balanced state. Until that point tommies will be disrupting balance by being in a state of OP that justifies other things being too weak or UP and justifying things being strong.

Im under no illusion that balance is easy, but it straight up doesn't make sense for there to be such a balance variable in something as core as mainline infantry and the counterbalance in place to accommodate them.

Just like trying to balance commanders with a fucked up core full of holes you can't balance a faction with fucked up infantry.

The issue with Bolster is primarily that it's a non-exclusive global upgrade. If it were both exclusive (I.E, taking (a) weapon slot(s) and/or locking out Pyro or Medical Section upgrades) and not global, then it wouldn't be quite such a nightmare for balance... but the issue is that the current design necessitates either;

A: Underwhelming 4man sections -> Usable 5man sections.
B: Usable 4man sections -> 5 rapists bending Volks and Grenadiers over a sandbag wall.

This is then compounded with Brens, particularly so in B;s case, where it's as though you're equipping your Sections with sandpaper condoms.

Lelic needs to bite the bullet and let the Balans team overhaul Bolster (and Section upgrades) entirely. I really don't think there's much else that can solve this.

The only other solution I've been able to fathom is making the "Assault" Officer a fiveman starting rifle unit that UKF can be expected to rely on, using "Underwhelming" variety Sections/RoyEs and the UC to support it until Bolster comes online to make Sections able to go toe-to-toe with Axis infantry. The Officer would subsequently have the ability to upgrade into either the current SMG variant or into something else (Snipe-enabled scoped Enfield squad, for example).

Also: I'm led to believe that the Medic Squad is (At least in part) intended to benefit the Lend-lease Doctrine, specifically Assault Sections, as they cannot upgrade into being Medical Sections.
1 Feb 2021, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2021, 13:02 PMsuora

Given their splendid performance over recent 2 tourneys, I believe we're past that point in time.
1 Feb 2021, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2021, 20:06 PMPip

The issue with Bolster is primarily that it's a non-exclusive global upgrade. If it were both exclusive (I.E, taking (a) weapon slot(s) and/or locking out Pyro or Medical Section upgrades) and not global, then it wouldn't be quite such a nightmare for balance... but the issue is that the current design necessitates either;

A: Underwhelming 4man sections -> Usable 5man sections.
B: Usable 4man sections -> 5 rapists bending Volks and Grenadiers over a sandbag wall.

This is then compounded with Brens, particularly so in B;s case, where it's as though you're equipping your Sections with sandpaper condoms.

Lelic needs to bite the bullet and let the Balans team overhaul Bolster (and Section upgrades) entirely. I really don't think there's much else that can solve this.

The only other solution I've been able to fathom is making the "Assault" Officer a fiveman starting rifle unit that UKF can be expected to rely on, using "Underwhelming" variety Sections/RoyEs and the UC to support it until Bolster comes online to make Sections able to go toe-to-toe with Axis infantry. The Officer would subsequently have the ability to upgrade into either the current SMG variant or into something else (Snipe-enabled scoped Enfield squad, for example).

Also: I'm led to believe that the Medic Squad is (At least in part) intended to benefit the Lend-lease Doctrine, specifically Assault Sections, as they cannot upgrade into being Medical Sections.

were of the same mind i think for the cause/effect of bolster and the need to make it non-global

lend lease is kind of tricky for sure, but since ass tommies are a unique unit now and not an upgrade for existing unit the ability to heal could have been implemented on the squads if need be (vet like ost, or unlocked with tech, or even self heal like many units have now. the commander also comes with the m5 quad, which can now heal units inside- far from perfect, but when combined with the starting tommy being able to be a medic and the FA being able to get medics i think it woulda been fine) or an ambulance upgrade for the UC unlocked with the commander.

whats more, the brit player could just....build more regular tommies if they felt there wasnt enough heals.... its not like ostheer gets a new way to snare units if they pick up ass grens. they have to integrate a snare unit into their build or suffer.

the way i see it, is a commander has issues you dont change the stock faction to "fix" that commander, you change the commander. its better to have the problem isolated in that commander until fixed than making a change that will effect everything entirely.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★