Login

russian armor

Smartie's commander reworks: Soviets

16 Jan 2021, 09:20 AM

I disagree.
If its a braindead unit you would see it every game, wich doesnt happen. I am not sure on the numbers but its damage is not amazing among mortars, its sounds on impact however, making it seem awsome. If it does one shot at all it massive rng roll. And that for a pop and ecpensive mortar.

There are plenty units abilities that can one shot far more easely then the 120mm can.

It is used alot of time and in certain maps more than others, and it depends on your lvl to see it or not see it much offen, that doesn't mean it doesn't need a nerf, and its accuracy is actually fine especially with barrage, in addition to that its AOE is pretty big.

u should check Vipper reply if u want real numbers.

16 Jan 2021, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2021, 08:55 AMVipper

Check this

https://www.coh2.org/topic/106172/indirect-fire-performance-a-comparison

Hm38 is superior to most weapons of its type.

Yes it does, however it doesnt show cost or popcap wich is higher then about half of the units of its type. Also that its the only doctrinal one of its type.

It cant one shot full hp squads as claimed. Dont fix what aint broken.
16 Jan 2021, 09:34 AM

Yes it does, however it doesnt show cost or popcap wich is higher then about half of the units of its type. Also that its the only doctrinal one of its type.

It cant one shot full hp squads as claimed. Dont fix what aint broken.

I am simply pointing that the performance is not bad as you post seemed to indicate.
16 Jan 2021, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2021, 09:20 AMOlfin

It is used alot of time and in certain maps more than others, and it depends on your lvl to see it or not see it much offen that doesn't mean it doesn't need a nerf, and its accuracy is actually fine especially with barrage, in addition to that its AOE is pretty big.

u should check Vipper reply if u want real numbers.

I did. Its more expensive then half units listed and doctrinal, wich isent mentioned. Has larger scatter but bigger aoe. Rof is also lower then most if not all. I could only find shot fired in relation to remaning hp, not rof that or i glanced over it somehow.

It also shows it cant one shot full hp squads. Again ifvits a braindead unit it would be build nearly every game at all levels of play, wich it isent. The standaard soviet mortar is more cost effevtive.

There are other things that need a look, the 120mm isent one atm.
16 Jan 2021, 10:00 AM

I did. Its more expensive then half units listed and doctrinal, wich isent mentioned. Has larger scatter but bigger aoe. Rof is also lower then most if not all. I could only find shot fired in relation to remaning hp, not rof that or i glanced over it somehow.

It also shows it cant one shot full hp squads. Again ifvits a braindead unit it would be build nearly every game at all levels of play, wich it isent. The standaard soviet mortar is more cost effevtive.

There are other things that need a look, the 120mm isent one atm.

Well maybe u are right, I just said what I experienced , there is certain maps in 1v1 that are very small, that the 120mm can hit the middle VP from almost the base, and in one map in particular I don't know its name, but it is a 1v1 map that has a bridge in the middle and inside the bridge there is a VP, whenever I fight Soviets in this map they use this mortar, that cover very important area in the map in a very little effort.
16 Jan 2021, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2021, 08:28 AMOlfin

Its damage is more than amazing actually

The exact same 80 any other mortar get, but much slower rate of fire and much less accurate.

it is just a braindead unit that can counter all indirect fire and support weapons so easily

Except, it can't.
Ost mortar on counterbarrage outranges it and is much more accurate while doing so.

and it can wipe any unit in just a few shots if not one shot only

Just like any other mortar in game if you decide you need to make yourself a coffee mid game and leave everything for 2 minutes.

it is similar to the American howitzer but with a retreat button

Its not.
It never was.
It wasn't anywhere near that performance in last 6 years.
16 Jan 2021, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2021, 08:55 AMVipper

Hm38 is superior to most weapons of its type.

"Superior" on paper, not in actual matches. In reality is not worth building. It's RoF and scatter make sure of that, the price and pop are insult to injury

Those tests are nice I guess, but most people don't leave their squads standing still until a mortar kills them...
16 Jan 2021, 17:54 PM

I think it is necessary to replace PTRS with bazookas in the "Tank hunting". There are already too many PTRS for everyone.
16 Jan 2021, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2021, 09:34 AMVipper

I am simply pointing that the performance is not bad as you post seemed to indicate.

Okay but i just said its not op, wich was claimed, didnt mean to say its massivly up, just to costly for what it does
16 Jan 2021, 19:03 PM

I feel like the synergy of Mark Target in Tank Hunters would need to be tested. The PTAB Run and AT Grenade assault already do good damage to vehicles and stacking that with Mark Target might be excessive (granted that this would require a lot of munitions float but worth thinking about).

Overall I think you have solid suggestions though!

Imo mark target should be changed from the damage increase it is now to the mark target the usf have that reduces armour and increases target size. It makes more sense in that it helps RNG instead of just reducing TTK.

Edit: it also lends itself better to using things like t34s with their lower pen. The ptrs would also benifit, as would the su76, and even the isu!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment