Login

russian armor

When are Panzerfusiliers getting nerfed?

1 Dec 2020, 19:02 PM

I don't like the reduced faust range on volks....

Reduced is a strange way of putting it. Same range as snares on riflemen (until vet 3), cons, royal engineers, and tank-hunter infantry sections. Why should it be longer?

1 Dec 2020, 19:07 PM

Reduced is a strange way of putting it. Same range as snares on riflemen (until vet 3), cons, royal engineers, and tank-hunter infantry sections. Why should it be longer?

Yeah Volks have the standard range. It's only Grenadiers and Füssiliers that have the extended range. Riflemen get it with vet too but AFAIK no other unit has more than the standard range.
1 Dec 2020, 19:09 PM

Allied Clown cars. Less of a problem after the WC51/M3 nerf/rework respectively, I suppose though.

Axis clown car exists (rightfully imho) in the realm of memes mostly.
Pip
1 Dec 2020, 19:13 PM

I suppose it can be argued that Axis troops are generally faced with rather more threatening light vehicles(T-70 being the main culprit there), and similarly earlier, actually threatening Ultralight vehicles (WC-51, scout car, etc).

All three allied factions also have inbuilt methods to extend their snare range, whereas OKW and OST do not. Conscripts can sprint, Riflemen get an extension at vet3 (This is obviously only impactful lategame), and the British do still have their Sniper Snare. "Stun Shot" on PAKs and Stugs I feel is not quite comparable, before anyone mentions it.

I'm not exactly sure Volks "need" a longer ranged snare, like Grenadiers have, but I can certainly see how it could be argued they perhaps "should" have it.

Honestly I would like if they got it earlier at the very least. They're terribly vulnerable to certain light vehicle strategies, to the degree that PF doctrines are often used "solely" to help mitigate that weakness.
1 Dec 2020, 19:40 PM

Allied Clown cars.

Okay? Increasing snare range effects every other vehicle in game. That's not a good reason
1 Dec 2020, 19:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 19:00 PMPip
I've never really understood why people compare Panzerfusiliers to Penals of all things, when they wish to talk about PFs' strength. ..

Penal and G43 PF simply have comparable power level (about the same EHP and DPS) and comparable vet bonuses (up to vet 3).

They cost about the same manpower while g43 PF cost extra mu and arrive later.

And that is about it.
1 Dec 2020, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 19:13 PMPip

and the British do still have their Sniper Snare. "Stun Shot" on PAKs and Stugs I feel is not quite comparable, before anyone mentions it.

The British sniper "snare" doesn't effect the movement speed of tanks, so that's a stretch. If you count that but don't count the pak and stug abilities that makes no sense to me

None of those are good reasons to give volks a longer range snare by default

I'm not exactly sure Volks "need" a longer ranged snare, like Grenadiers have, but I can certainly see how it could be argued they perhaps "should" have it.

It could be argued that they perhaps should have it? Can you just take a stance if you're gonna respond to mine?

Honestly I would like if they got it earlier at the very least. They're terribly vulnerable to certain light vehicle strategies, to the degree that PF doctrines are often used "solely" to help mitigate that weakness.

Doing this as they are nerfing light vehicle strategies across the board doesn't seem like a good idea
Pip
1 Dec 2020, 20:28 PM

The British sniper "snare" doesn't effect the movement speed of tanks, so that's a stretch. If you count that but don't count the pak and stug abilities that makes no sense to me

None of those are good reasons to give volks a longer range snare by default

It could be argued that they perhaps should have it? Can you just take a stance if you're gonna respond to mine?

Doing this as they are nerfing light vehicle strategies across the board doesn't seem like a good idea

The British sniper snare does actually snare all light vehicles, up to and including the Luchs. Against heavier tanks it doesn't, sure, but this can be considered reasonable given it's range. I'm not counting the PAK or Stug as they are unable to snare anything at all, on top of them being dedicated AT platforms rather than infantry. This is still an ability to snare at range that OKW simply does not possess.

Im not sure what you want. I stated my stance, I don't think volks necessarily need a longer ranged snare. How much more clear do i need to be?

When you say these strategies are being nerfed "Across the board", you're just talking about the T-70, AEC, and WC-51, right? The WC-51 is going to be somewhat less dominant, certainly, and the T-70 being toned down is certainly nice, but they're still going to be very powerful units, the AEC isn't exactly built for its ability to obliterate infantry, incidentally. Also: Only the WC-51 would be affected by an earlier Faust timing, given that the T70 and AEC come onto the field after an OKW player will have placed his first truck.

Is Grenadier's early Faust not a problem, incidentally? An earlier Faust for OKW wouldn't be going to give them some unique strength there, it would just put them relatively close to par with OST against early ULVs. (Lower range on their fausts, but OKW do not build team weapons early, and so would generally have an extra snare-capable squad over OST)
1 Dec 2020, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 20:28 PMPip

Is Grenadier's early Faust not a problem, incidentally? An earlier Faust for OKW wouldn't be going to give them some unique strength there, it would just put them relatively close to par with OST against early ULVs. (Lower range on their fausts, but OKW do not build team weapons early, and so would generally have an extra snare-capable squad over OST)

Honestly I would prefer longer range on the Faust as a buff rather than earlier Faust. Earlier Faust affects all 3 factions (although WC51 is doctrinal). My main gripe with Faust is that the really short range is just extremely frustrating when trying to snare anything that isn't slow.
Pip
1 Dec 2020, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 21:29 PMSpoof

Honestly I would prefer longer range on the Faust as a buff rather than earlier Faust. Earlier Faust affects all 3 factions (although WC51 is doctrinal). My main gripe with Faust is that the really short range is just extremely frustrating when trying to snare anything that isn't slow.

It would be quite a big buff for the lategame. I mean, it's not as though Volks are fantastic infantry at that point in the game though.
1 Dec 2020, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 21:45 PMPip

It would be quite a big buff for the lategame. I mean, it's not as though Volks are fantastic infantry at that point in the game though.

Yes, perhaps then it would help fresh Volks squads a bit in the late game as a squad that is just used for snares and recrewing weapons. The biggest issue will probably be the impact on early-mid vehicles like T70, Stuart, AEC, etc.
1 Dec 2020, 22:11 PM

This is still an ability to snare at range that OKW simply does not possess.

Okay but why is that problem?

Im not sure what you want. I stated my stance, I don't think volks necessarily need a longer ranged snare. How much more clear do i need to be?

I mean your last post you gave reasons for them to have it, and then gave the very confusing statement that I was referring too

When you say these strategies are being nerfed "Across the board", you're just talking about the T-70, AEC, and WC-51, right? The WC-51 is going to be somewhat less dominant, certainly, and the T-70 being toned down is certainly nice, but they're still going to be very powerful units, the AEC isn't exactly built for its ability to obliterate infantry, incidentally.Also: Only the WC-51 would be affected by an earlier Faust timing, given that the T70 and AEC come onto the field after an OKW player will have placed his first truck.

The m3 is also getting an armor reduction in exchange for health. That trades survivability against infantry for help against mines. Increased range would effect all light vehicles too, like I said it seemed like you were arguing for that too

Who said they weren't powerful? Were getting way offtopic here. Especially with talking about grens who are part of a whole different army
1 Dec 2020, 22:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 19:00 PMPip
snip

They preformed similarly as penals back when they were 2 cp call in semi-elite infantry. Even though they are different now, maybe it has carried over from that period.
Pip
2 Dec 2020, 15:41 PM

Okay but why is that problem?

I mean your last post you gave reasons for them to have it, and then gave the very confusing statement that I was referring too

The m3 is also getting an armor reduction in exchange for health. That trades survivability against infantry for help against mines. Increased range would effect all light vehicles too, like I said it seemed like you were arguing for that too

Who said they weren't powerful? Were getting way offtopic here. Especially with talking about grens who are part of a whole different army

The M3 increase in health/reduction in armour isn't "Trading survivability vs infantry for survivability vs mines". That was a buff. It is similiarly survivable against infantry, while being less prone to dying instantly to mines, and being somewhat less vulnerable to AT guns and the like.

2 Dec 2020, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2020, 15:41 PMPip

The M3 increase in health/reduction in armour isn't "Trading survivability vs infantry for survivability vs mines". That was a buff. It is similiarly survivable against infantry, while being less prone to dying instantly to mines, and being somewhat less vulnerable to AT guns and the like.

Live:
200/(1/5.4) = 1080 eHP again small arms

Preview patch:
240/(1/3.8) = 912 eHP again small arms

Which translates to about 15.5% less survivability against small arms.
Pip
2 Dec 2020, 17:19 PM

Live:
200(5.4/1) = 1080 eHP again small arms

Preview patch:

Interesting, that's more of a difference than I had thought. The patch notes were worded as though the difference for small arms was minimal.
2 Dec 2020, 17:24 PM

Live:

Preview patch:

But Sander said overall durability vs small arms will remain the same!
2 Dec 2020, 17:25 PM

Live:

Preview patch:

Well, glad the M3 got nerfed vs small arms then, has also assumed the hp was about the same from the language used.
2 Dec 2020, 17:37 PM

Why would nerfing the M3 against small arms fire be a good idea? I am confused.
2 Dec 2020, 17:47 PM

Why would nerfing the M3 against small arms fire be a good idea? I am confused.

So it can be changed to survive a mine, get shared veterancy and get capping at vet 2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★