Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] UKF Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (42)down
3 Dec 2020, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2020, 14:16 PMVipper

The suggestions is not to for the faction to lose them but to move them in to Churchill

See edited post above.
3 Dec 2020, 18:36 PM

Some modding on a bolster rework proposal.

3 Dec 2020, 18:38 PM

Suggestion for mortar pit: take this for 250Mp, the mortar pit with two gun but only one work look silly. double version moved to commander

4 Dec 2020, 00:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2020, 14:16 PMVipper

Although UKF have have issues the argument that "a faction needs rocket artillery stock" simply does not hold water. USF do not have stock artillery and their are fine.

USF has Pack howitzer with 120 range and m8a1 with less range but mobility. No, that is neither rocket artillery nor a big artillery piece, but it is a lot more in stock than UKF can muster. Nice for attacking fortified positions (pack howi) and even thinning out blobs (m8a1). Compared to the UKF grenade depended artillery with big red "I'm coming in here" smoke which will never hit a blob nor a PAK or MG if opponent isn't afk, this is really a lot of long ranged / mobile indirect fire. UKF gets the short end of the stick in nondoctrinal comparison to all other factions when it comes to killing / chasing away team weapons or blobs.
4 Dec 2020, 08:05 AM

USF has Pack howitzer with 120 range and m8a1 with less range but mobility. No, that is neither rocket artillery nor a big artillery piece, but it is a lot more in stock than UKF can muster. Nice for attacking fortified positions (pack howi) and even thinning out blobs (m8a1). Compared to the UKF grenade depended artillery with big red "I'm coming in here" smoke which will never hit a blob nor a PAK or MG if opponent isn't afk, this is really a lot of long ranged / mobile indirect fire. UKF gets the short end of the stick in nondoctrinal comparison to all other factions when it comes to killing / chasing away team weapons or blobs.

True.

My point thou is that different faction have different things and argument like "this faction does not X" is more of the "grass is greener on the other side arguments" since usually this faction has Y and Z that other faction do not have.
4 Dec 2020, 14:24 PM

Why not give tommies the ability to call in a mortar barrage with no smoke if a pit is built. Kinda like the ost art officer used to do with werfer and lefh, but just with pits. Then pits can be built a bit further back, there's a no smoke light arty option, an attempt at an asymmetrical solution to the mobile mortar and by making Pyro even more attractive we can justify ukf have 348 different variations of healing despite tommies having the most cost effective healing in the game by a large margin.
4 Dec 2020, 14:29 PM

Why not give tommies the ability to call in a mortar barrage with no smoke if a pit is built. Kinda like the ost art officer used to do with werfer and lefh, but just with pits. Then pits can be built a bit further back, there's a no smoke light arty option, an attempt at an asymmetrical solution to the mobile mortar and by making Pyro even more attractive we can justify ukf have 348 different variations of healing despite tommies having the most cost effective healing in the game by a large margin.

That is decent idea.
4 Dec 2020, 15:51 PM

the mortar pit already have weapons set up for victor target so this can be done some how.
5 Dec 2020, 08:40 AM

The UKF has a lot of artillery as it is and Infantry Sections very recently received the ability to call down smoke as well.

I would go as far as to say that the newly proposed Heavy Mortar Barrage on the Mortar Pit may be excessive. In the last 2v2 tournament the Mortar Pit was very powerful with its current stats and capabilities. In automatch being able to keep it alive is very rewarding.

Considering that already two doctrines (Lend Lease and Tatical Support) grant access to the M1 Mortar, which is receiving a small performance increase with the preview patch v1, the option exists if some UKF players feel the need for a mobile mortar. Couple this fact with the upgradeable Mortar Pit, and the already existing Pyrotechnics Barrage, I think their artillery is in a very good spot.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2020, 08:05 AMVipper

My point thou is that different faction have different things and argument like "this faction does not X" is more of the "grass is greener on the other side arguments" since usually this faction has Y and Z that other faction do not have.

Agreed. With the strong and versatile Infantry Sections, an excellent T0 MG and the Universal Carrier with two great upgrade paths, there's little to complain about.
5 Dec 2020, 10:32 AM

There is a number of UKF off map that come with flares, imo these abilities should have their flares removed:

Field recovery operation (available 1)
Vanguard Crocodile (available 3)
Mortar cover (available 1)
5 Dec 2020, 10:48 AM

The UKF has a lot of artillery as it is and Infantry Sections very recently received the ability to call down smoke as well.

I would go as far as to say that the newly proposed Heavy Mortar Barrage on the Mortar Pit may be excessive. In the last 2v2 tournament the Mortar Pit was very powerful with its current stats and capabilities. In automatch being able to keep it alive is very rewarding.

Considering that already two doctrines (Lend Lease and Tatical Support) grant access to the M1 Mortar, which is receiving a small performance increase with the preview patch v1, the option exists if some UKF players feel the need for a mobile mortar. Couple this fact with the upgradeable Mortar Pit, and the already existing Pyrotechnics Barrage, I think their artillery is in a very good spot

pls don't embarrass yourself..
Witout right commander brit arty is non-existent espieccally in late game
5 Dec 2020, 11:05 AM

pls don't embarrass yourself..
Witout right commander brit arty is non-existent espieccally in late game

I'm not embarrassing myself at all.

I was specifically referring to their light artillery options as they are indeed superior to those of the other armies by design, in part due to the Mortar bit, in part due to the artillery flares, with doctrinal mobile mortars on top.

If you are referring to 3v3 and 4v4 late game, these modes often devolve into a heavy or rocket artillery spamfest. It is no wonder heavier artillery is valued there. Thankfully rocket artillery is being toned down across the board with the preview patch.

The Royal Artillery Regiment has the potential massive firepower with mobile howitzers, flares and the luxuries of an artillery officer unit in the form of the Valentine. The Land Mattress is actually receiving a major buff via bugfixing its +33% damage veterancy 2 which was not being applied.

So I stand by my opinion that the UKF has really good stock and doctrinal artillery of all classes.
5 Dec 2020, 11:11 AM

Might already been said but the valentine didn't show as a commander ability and is also not locked on max 1 on the field.
5 Dec 2020, 11:14 AM

Some modding on a bolster rework proposal.

Beautiful! :clap:
5 Dec 2020, 11:15 AM

Might already been said but the valentine didn't show as a commander ability and is also not locked on max 1 on the field.
I suggest that you post that in bugs
5 Dec 2020, 11:52 AM

After playing several patch games I have 2 suggestions about brits (they aren't new, just not mentioned in this patch):
1) can we make "crew repair" for uc not aviable when in combat, just like any other crew repairs abilities?
2) I think AEC's tread shot full stun is too much, maybe nerf it a bit to slow down enemy vehicle by 90-95% (just like pak40 ability, which was nerfed in a similar way).
5 Dec 2020, 13:26 PM

Beautiful! :clap:

it was your ideal after all, i tried a lot of set up but still went back to it.

in the newest version, i change the scope rifle pair to a pair of M1 garand. i think it fit more into the moving accuracy buff. The cover bonus is also made exclusively for weapon section.
5 Dec 2020, 14:02 PM

it was your ideal after all, i tried a lot of set up but still went back to it.

in the newest version, i change the scope rifle pair to a pair of M1 garand. i think it fit more into the moving accuracy buff. The cover bonus is also made exclusively for weapon section.

M1 when not really used by UKF infatry in combat.

You can always create a "new version" of the weapons and give it historic name like:
Rifle, No. 4 Mk I
Rifle No. 5 Mk I (although that looked different)

one also has to note that there is an used weapon already in game, although the weapon saw little action (mayby and idea for infiltration commandos):
De Lisle Commando carbine
5 Dec 2020, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2020, 14:02 PMVipper

M1 when not really used by UKF infatry in combat.

You can always create a "new version" of the weapons and give it historic name like:
Rifle, No. 4 Mk I
Rifle No. 5 Mk I (although that looked different)

one also has to note that there is an used weapon already in game, although the weapon saw little action (mayby and idea for infiltration commandos):
De Lisle Commando carbine

As you can see in the picture, i do create a my own version of the scope enfield with a G43-like profile, and they still use it in the published version of my mod. The switching to M1 garand is an experiment and they have the same custom profile. My thought is that the M1 is more realistic with a semi automatic rifle profile than a scope enfield and taking historically, although limited, the british do use M1 garand rifle in some unit like the royal marine commando.

The delise carbine weapon do exist in the game in form of a profile, but it use G43 animation so nothing special.
5 Dec 2020, 22:03 PM

I was specifically referring to their light artillery options as they are indeed superior to those of the other armies by design, in part due to the Mortar bit, in part due to the artillery flares, with doctrinal mobile mortars on top.

No, ISG eats mortar pit alive. Both ISG and Pack howi are far superior indirect fire options as a stock unit (and doctrinal Ostheer/USF mortar halftracks are superior too).

Every faction should have something in stock nondoc to counter:

- sniper play
- MG positions
- blobs
- early light vehicles/tanks
- heavy tanks
- artillery behind enemy frontline

Doctrinal stuff should be always optional to give you partly stronger methods or an alternate playstyle for achieving your goals but they shouldn't give you one of the aspects above exklusively.

Biggest UKF nondoctrinal problem:
- can't fight artillery behind enemy frontline

Runners-up for nondcotrinal UKF:
- has problems in latgame to fight fortified positions and blobs

There are quite a few UKF docs which doesn't fill this gaps.

PAGES (42)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 67
unknown 20
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %