Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] SOV Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (66)down
1 Dec 2020, 12:08 PM

For what do you need more AA as Allii? Germans air-attacks arn't that powerful and are still easy to counter.

I'll just assume you don't even know SCAS exists.
Kind of understandable as its not with AG, VSL or osttruppen doctrine.
1 Dec 2020, 12:24 PM

For what do you need more AA as Allii? Germans air-attacks arn't that powerful and are still easy to counter.

Well, it's not just 'more' AA... it's the 'only' AA choice for RUS. It should be nerfed carefully as such.
1 Dec 2020, 12:26 PM

Im going to weigh in again about the M5 (just to clarify I have been using it), 2% is too low I would try 4% if too much then 3%.
1 Dec 2020, 12:48 PM

I've mentioned this on other threads but I'd love to see the T34-85 replace the KV8 on soviet industry.

Or the Kv1 or even the M4C sherman. Anything other than the base T34 as it's outclassed in team games.
1 Dec 2020, 12:55 PM

I think he's right, 4% or 6% would be favourable. Tightrope's testing seemed to show that the Quad was less reliable than the OKW Flak Half-Track or Centaur (Side Note: It also showed the M15 AAHT is completely broken and doesn't shoot half the time, this should be investigated.).

We can easily further finetune the chance percentage. Though I would like to see a bit more tests or do more myself if I can find the time. AA chance is very RNG, so only ~2 tests may not show the complete picture. At 20 ROF with 2% chance per bullet it should theoretically still have a pretty high chance every second to kill a plane on average. We could try 3%.

I will ask to look into creating a new weapon for the M15's AA mode that can turn 360 degrees to see if that fixes the tracking issues, but I don't have modding experience so I don't know if that is possible.
1 Dec 2020, 13:01 PM

M15 Quad definitely needs attention next preview version.
1 Dec 2020, 13:23 PM

Tightrope tested the Quad. Now it performs worse than any axis counterpart + is T3 + high muni cost upgrade. Only AA HT from USF is worse but that's due to the buggy nature of the AA HT with the tracking.
1 Dec 2020, 14:00 PM

Well, it's not just 'more' AA... it's the 'only' AA choice for RUS. It should be nerfed carefully as such.

in 1vs1 it is ok, in larger team games there will be other AA too. It is perfect now.
1 Dec 2020, 14:08 PM

in 1vs1 it is ok, in larger team games there will be other AA too. It is perfect now.

Perfect for Axis planes, yes :P
1 Dec 2020, 14:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

We can easily further finetune the chance percentage. Though I would like to see a bit more tests or do more myself if I can find the time. AA chance is very RNG, so only ~2 tests may not show the complete picture. At 20 ROF with 2% chance per bullet it should theoretically still have a pretty high chance every second to kill a plane on average. We could try 3%.

I will ask to look into creating a new weapon for the M15's AA mode that can turn 360 degrees to see if that fixes the tracking issues, but I don't have modding experience so I don't know if that is possible.

Do you know the numbers that other AA units have (USF AA halftrack, Ostwind, Centrain, Flak halftrack).
1 Dec 2020, 14:28 PM

Do you know the numbers that other AA units have (USF AA halftrack, Ostwind, Centrain, Flak halftrack).

Looking at ingame test, it looks fine. It still performs better than Ostwind. And all over, if Ostheer has 1 Ostwind and maybe 1 PnzIV they perform as a Quad.
1 Dec 2020, 14:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Looking at ingame test, it looks fine. It still performs better than Ostwind. And all over, if Ostheer has 1 Ostwind and maybe 1 PnzIV they perform as a Quad.

The numbers would help a lot though to check for it, since this is one of the very few instances where just calculating the numbers already tells a lot of the story (apart form turret rotation, but overall still very good)
1 Dec 2020, 14:37 PM

The numbers would help a lot though to check for it, since this is one of the very few instances where just calculating the numbers already tells a lot of the story (apart form turret rotation, but overall still very good)

All over, most AA have problems with turret rotation, making their AA-capability full of statistic bias. Maybe Centaur is an exception.

US FlaK-Truck suffers most.
1 Dec 2020, 16:02 PM

You are paying munitions for a timed ability that you have to use before the enemy walks into your cone of fire just to do what the mg42 does out of the box.

Seems like the MG42 needs a similar treatment, eh?
1 Dec 2020, 16:08 PM

Scout planes.
1 Dec 2020, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 11:45 AMKyle
If you don't want to lock the T34/76mm ramming in vet 1 then please remove IL2 bombing run from the ISU-152 commander.

Right now in 2vs2 SoV can just stall for time until ISU-152 come out and wipe axis infantry left and right.

If Wehr bring out an Elefant or OKW bring out Jadtiger, SoV can just throw a fresh T34/76mm to ram and drop IL2 bombing run on those tank-destroyers.

So if you don't like what happen to Ramming in this new patch then please tell the Dev / Balance team to move the IL2 bombing run out of both ISU-152 commander

And yeah sure do the same to Stuka bomb drop in Elefant commander :D

This isn't a bad idea at all. This would open up counterplay in the form of static artillery placements.
1 Dec 2020, 17:21 PM

Quad in live is theoretically around 8 times better than ostwind.
1 Dec 2020, 18:18 PM

Not sure if its techinally possible, but it would be cool to give quad just second weapon profile for AA.

Like make it single projectile one, with old animation, like other AA units (except centaur) and balance its accordingly.

Thing with fast shooting bullet based AA guns, is that they are just very RNG based. Lets say if flak HT for excample shoots 10 rounds with 10% chance, Quad shoots god knows how many with a 2% chance. It depens more on luck and has less consistency.

Even in Tightrope test, first time quad destoyed almost all planes, while second time it did poorly.
1 Dec 2020, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 16:08 PMNapalm

Scout planes.

and why it should be better than other AA?
1 Dec 2020, 20:33 PM
Donator 33

I don't think anyone has said it should be better but in its current stat "reliable AA" is an issue.
PAGES (66)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS