Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OST Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (43)down
29 Dec 2020, 14:42 PM

Not mention double Bren Tommy, Officier, Commandos. Every single Brit infantry just storm over Axis

It would be extremely unfair and imbalanced if they didn't, given cost disparity here.
29 Dec 2020, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2020, 14:42 PMKatitof

It would be extremely unfair and imbalanced if they didn't, given cost disparity here.

Thats not the point of cost, the point is no better option.

6 Tommy at the beginning was already a pain.
Maxim,Mortar teams from Soviet.
- They had slightly advantage.

2 flame UC destroyed defensive line. We had raks, able to kill 1. Then retreated most squads
Came back to see Tommies camp right outside base.

Later Officer,Commandos,Shock
29 Dec 2020, 20:32 PM

So, shoot them with tanks. If Ost, open MG42 and maybe Ass Grens as that will shut down tommies, then get 222 to force AEC, then P4 which slaughters UKF till Comet or massive investment in AT guns or handheld AT.

If you can slip in a sniper, UKF has no good solution outside counter snipe, which 222 just annihilates.

That'll give you a solid fighting chance.
29 Dec 2020, 20:33 PM

You can find use in medkits on every unit. It's a good tool to have for 4 man squads but somewhat of a Relic of the days where soft retreats were more dominant. At any rate you do not want to slow up your fighting infantry to have to heal your pak.

I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn't trade their fighting infantry slowed down by 2 seconds in order to give Pios a more useful ability. Especially given how rarely such scenarios even happen.
29 Dec 2020, 20:41 PM

I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn't trade their fighting infantry slowed down by 2 seconds in order to give Pios a more useful ability. Especially given how rarely such scenarios even happen.

Its a perfectly useful ability. I'd sooner grens have a better vet 1 ability frankly.
29 Dec 2020, 21:28 PM

Why is nothing being done about the T2/Pgren rush?

Did I miss something in the patch notes about this?
29 Dec 2020, 22:07 PM

And what should be done in your opinion?
29 Dec 2020, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2020, 22:07 PMVipper

And what should be done in your opinion?

Move Pgrens from the HQ to the tier building as a start.

Skipping T1 with call-in infantry or even without and directly going into Pgrens and 222/Flame HT is simply way too strong against Soviets who can't do anything about it non-doctrinally.
29 Dec 2020, 22:19 PM

They did add the fuel cost of BP1 to the T1 but then they reverted it for some reason (?). I suppose they think that tier skip is only strong with Osttruppen.

Pgrens should be back on T2, there's absolutely no reason for a squad as strong as Pgrens to come that soon, especially considering that they require no munition cost and scale greatly with vet, unlike their counterpart that comes later-on (namely, Rangers).
29 Dec 2020, 22:27 PM

I would like to see:

HQ:
- Pionier
- Grenadier (from T1 to HQ)

T1:
- HMG42 (from HQ to T1)
- Osttruppen (Commannder)
- Mörser
- Scharfschütze

T2:
- Panzergrenadier (from HQ+tech to T2)
- SdKfz.222
- SdKfz.251
- PaK40

Improved role of Grenadiers in early game, less Osttruppen and more difficult Osttruppen+HMG/Sniper combo, later Panzergrenadiers.

Maybe give Grenadiers a vet1 shock-grenade (like Assault-Pios) to improve theim. (+ change the commander-ability)

29 Dec 2020, 22:45 PM

Skipping T1 with call-in infantry or even without and directly going into Pgrens and 222/Flame HT is simply way too strong against Soviets who can't do anything about it non-doctrinally.

They where in T2 for years and they were power creeped to oblivion.

If they are moved back to T2 allied early infatry would have to toned else they once more become under used.
30 Dec 2020, 01:19 AM

Transfer 10fuel from Tier1 to Battlephase1

PzGren in Tier1 requires Phase1 to build. That will delay PzGren abit, also force Ost not to skip Tier as many players do.

Osttrup in both HQ & Tier1, that requires Tier1 maybe? So you can build either both Ostrup & MG at same time, or Osttrup & Gren. With 18sec to build.
30 Dec 2020, 01:35 AM

but it's so easy to punish a player who skips t1 when your Soviets, get a clown car or mortar and you're sweet
30 Dec 2020, 08:24 AM

Pioneer Medkits are redundant and serve extremely limited purpose in the current game. Being available on both Grenadiers and Ostruppen limits their utility to Assault Grenadier openers and 2x Pio, 2x MG42 openers, both of which make dubious use Medkits.

Some Alternatives:

Destroy Cover: With all the discussion about sandbags, I think there needs to be some consideration for easier ways to destroy them early on. Being able to clear opposing cover to give your MGs good sight lines and deny enemy cover would be a useful addition to the faction.

Repair Critical: A missing ability in the faction, Repair Critical would make those early vetted Pioneers more valuable for getting your vehicles back into the fight.

Salvage: Probably unlikely, but it would be a nice way to get a small income boost with Ost.

Also, maybe you can give Rear Echelons a more useful ability while you are at it.

I agree with the ideal of letting Pio having Destroy Cover: Consider the Ostheer faction are mostly defensive units, a good LoS is need!

Balance team please consider letting Pio having destroy cover ability as default and not from the Tiger Ace doctrine.

Salvage and Repair Critical I don't think it's a good ideal for Pio, would make this unit too good now. If SoV Engineer can lay down demo then please let Pio have destroy cover like Brit Engineer!
30 Dec 2020, 15:36 PM

Moving PzGrens into T1 would be great to see happen. It would stop T1 skips entirely which is one of the biggest issues the makes Ost so powerful in 1v1.
Also would be a nerf to ostruppen. Maybe do that and then just give osttruppen a cost increase? Leave them as a call in since they can no longer get fast PzGrens into fast T2.
People would have a bigger gap to push back the ostruppen before the Halftack hits. Otherwise if they want to get PzGrens they have to buy T1 which puts them in a more normal timing.
30 Dec 2020, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2020, 01:35 AMmongman

but it's so easy to punish a player who skips t1 when your Soviets, get a clown car or mortar and you're sweet

This is literally the worst advice I have ever seen. Getting a mortar makes you lose even harder as you will be even more overwhelmed by Pgrens, Flame HT or (multiple) 222s. The M3 doesn't have a big enough window of opportunity against T1 skipping Ostheer players immediately rushing 222. Because by the time you have won a few engagements the 222 is there to chase down the M3 leaving you in a completely hopeless position.
30 Dec 2020, 23:31 PM

I would like to see:
HQ:
- Pionier

T1:
- HMG42 (from HQ to T1)
- Mörser
- Scharfschütze

T2:
- SdKfz.222
- SdKfz.251
- PaK40

Improved role of Grenadiers in early game, less Osttruppen and more difficult Osttruppen+HMG/Sniper combo, later Panzergrenadiers.

Maybe give Grenadiers a vet1 shock-grenade (like Assault-Pios) to improve theim. (+ change the commander-ability)

I'd suggest moving the Pak40 to the HQ so AT is always available, as Panzergrenadiers with Panzershrecks are no longer available when skipping T2. MG42 will need its build time decreased to let it out onto the field faster since Ostheer's map coverage is already quite slow.
31 Dec 2020, 03:32 AM

This is literally the worst advice I have ever seen. Getting a mortar makes you lose even harder as you will be even more overwhelmed by Pgrens, Flame HT or (multiple) 222s. The M3 doesn't have a big enough window of opportunity against T1 skipping Ostheer players immediately rushing 222. Because by the time you have won a few engagements the 222 is there to chase down the M3 leaving you in a completely hopeless position.

or you could just use combined tactics like, say, how ostheer do judging by your post

maybe you just need to git gud, skipping t1 isn't an auto win
31 Dec 2020, 05:39 AM

I would like to see:

HQ:
- Pionier

T1:
- HMG42 (from HQ to T1)
- Mörser
- Scharfschütze

T2:
- SdKfz.222
- SdKfz.251
- PaK40

HQ:
- Pionier

T1:
- HMG42 (from HQ to T1)
- Panzergrenadier (requires Battle Phase 1)
- Mörser
- Scharfschütze
- Unlocks Panzerfausts for Grenadiers

I Think moving Pgrens to T1 but still require Battle phase, and having T1 required for Panzerfausts. Would buff Grens and make T1 effectively mandatory for Ostheer.

31 Dec 2020, 06:41 AM

why should we restructure ostheers tech because of osttrupen tho? just keep it as is and work on osttruppen instead of mixing up the whole faction
PAGES (43)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment