Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
5 Jan 2021, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2021, 17:11 PMPip

All three are primarily AT vehicles, though. It seems like a strange thing to do.

It because mg will not fire either (if I remember correctly).
5 Jan 2021, 17:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The team opted to exclude the Puma, the AEC and the Panther because they deal decent AI damage.
Though I would personally like to see them added too.

Thanks for the quick answer.

But prioritize vehicles does not disable MGs, or was anything changed?

If some other people here of the community agree with me, would you please pass forward to the rest of the team to add the Panther as well? First, the gun's damage is quite abysemal, second, the setting should be set to where the unit performs best in. And nobody buys a Panther to use the gun for shooting at infantry.

I don't want to blow this out of proportion since it is a rather small change overall, but it will be hella confusing if SU85 and JP4 have it but Panther not.

Especially because has literally the AoE of a SU85 with higher scatter, or abysmally better AoE than a JP4 with the same scatter (see below, in first picture the line of SU85 is directly below the Panther and therefore not visible).

5 Jan 2021, 18:30 PM

It'd be a consistent change if TD's and puma and AEC all had prioritise on by default.
5 Jan 2021, 20:03 PM

Also, Panther prioritize vehicles helps onboard new players who may think its a generalist, instead of a nimble TD with a pile of machine guns. The pintle doesnt care about prioritize.
Pip
5 Jan 2021, 20:21 PM

Thanks for the quick answer.

But prioritize vehicles does not disable MGs, or was anything changed?

If some other people here of the community agree with me, would you please pass forward to the rest of the team to add the Panther as well? First, the gun's damage is quite abysemal, second, the setting should be set to where the unit performs best in. And nobody buys a Panther to use the gun for shooting at infantry.

I don't want to blow this out of proportion since it is a rather small change overall, but it will be hella confusing if SU85 and JP4 have it but Panther not.

Especially because has literally the AoE of a SU85 with higher scatter, or abysmally better AoE than a JP4 with the same scatter (see below, in first picture the line of SU85 is directly below the Panther and therefore not visible).

As an aside: Wow, i never realised quite how bad the scatter on the Jagdpanzer IV really was, especially in comparison to the SU-85.

I still love my Jagdpanzers though. They're a quality little TD, especially with Elite Armour doc for the HEAT shells.
6 Jan 2021, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2021, 20:21 PMPip

As an aside: Wow, i never realised quite how bad the scatter on the Jagdpanzer IV really was, especially in comparison to the SU-85.

I still love my Jagdpanzers though. They're a quality little TD, especially with Elite Armour doc for the HEAT shells.

isent the bad scatter ofset by the (much)higher rof on the jagdpzr?
6 Jan 2021, 09:35 AM

isent the bad scatter ofset by the (much)higher rof on the jagdpzr?

ROF
Su-85 5.65
JP 5.00
6 Jan 2021, 11:14 AM

Meh
6 Jan 2021, 11:29 AM

... and it's in a faction which has access to the Panther, not to mention the puma, JT, KT etc. The SU85 is the best AT sovs are gonna get, while you're comparing it vs the JP and making out it's unbalanced that the SU85 has better ROF, whilst ignoring all the other units available to OKW beyond JP.

You need to stop taking things out of context and trying to mislead the forum.

It is you that tries to mislead and not me, I have simply presented the relevant stats and are trying to turn that into a flame war.

I have replied to Mr Carmine that talk about the JP's ROF advantage.
6 Jan 2021, 11:51 AM

One additional QoL change we forgot to list:

HMG minimap icons
All minimap icons for HMGs have now been standardised with M2HB/Maxim/DShK icons to be more easily distinguishable as team weapons
- HMG 34, HMG 42 and Vickers minimap icons changed from infantry icon to cone icon

6 Jan 2021, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

One additional QoL change we forgot to list:

One question, although I think it has been answered before but I can't neither find nor remember it:
Is it possible for the balance team to fix the arch indicators of team weapons? The one that is displayed upon selection of set up team weapons?
6 Jan 2021, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 09:35 AMVipper

ROF
Su-85 5.65
JP 5.00

Now vet 3 and vet 5 rof?
6 Jan 2021, 13:30 PM

Now vet 3 and vet 5 rof?

you can find the stat here:
https://coh2.serealia.ca/

Although I am not sure why you want to compare a unit that has gained 7.180 XP with one that has gained almost twice as that 14.298
6 Jan 2021, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 13:30 PMVipper

Although I am not sure why you want to compare a unit that has gained 7.180 XP with one that has gained almost twice as that 14.298

You often compare units with Vet0/Vet3/Vet5 in your other posts. What about you kindly provide the stats consistently instead of deflecting? That would avoid a lot of troubles for comparing the numbers that you presented.
6 Jan 2021, 14:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Now vet 3 and vet 5 rof?

It's about 4,1 for the JP4 at vet4 and 4,7 for the SU85 vet3.

The JP4 is fine. Pens almost everything that the Allies can field on stock vehicles, while being barely touchable by mediums even up close. It's a bit immobile, but perfect if Allies spam TDs since it beats all of them.
6 Jan 2021, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 13:30 PMVipper

My point is at vet 5 its rof is better by quite a bit, nothing wrong or op. Just 3 to 3.5 seconds vs 4.3 on the su85, According to coh 2db.com.
Its survivability is also better from vet 0.

My inital question was doesnt high rof offset its worse scatter compared to the su85. I dont know, but i think it does.

6 Jan 2021, 16:03 PM

My point is at vet 5 its rof is better by quite a bit, nothing wrong or op. Just 3 to 3.5 seconds vs 4.3 on the su85, According to coh 2db.com.
Its survivability is also better from vet 0.

That sight is not up to date and JP veterancy has been nerfed including the reload, at first glances it seem that is not included and that your number are off but I can not be sure.

The comparison of vet 3 SU-85 with vet 5 JP has number of issue which I will not going into and simply point out again that double XP is required.

My inital question was doesnt high rof offset its worse scatter compared to the su85. I dont know, but i think it does.

Sort answer is comparing once vetted does not really help because the chance of missing is rather low and vet 0 the ROF is similar (while SU-85 has superior penetration).
6 Jan 2021, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 16:03 PMVipper

That sight is not up to date and JP veterancy has been nerfed including the reload, at first glances it seem that is not included and that your number are off but I can not be sure.

The comparison of vet 3 SU-85 with vet 5 JP has number of issue which I will not going into and simply point out again that double XP is required.

Sort answer is comparing once vetted does not really help because the chance of missing is rather low and vet 0 the ROF is similar (while SU-85 has superior penetration).

Okay i shoudnt have brought up specific units. This doesnt help answer my question

Then does higher rof high on any tank or td gun ofset worse scatter?
6 Jan 2021, 17:01 PM

Okay i shoudnt have brought up specific units. This doesnt help answer my question

Then does higher rof high on any tank or td gun ofset worse scatter?

There is not easy answer to this and is of topic.

When it comes to collision hits some times scatter is good some scatter is bad.

Check PMs.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight