Login

russian armor

Conscript PPSH assault package

PAGES (13)down
4 Nov 2020, 12:05 PM

Arr man, now we are talking about tec instead of the ppsh package.

In my opinion it goes like this.

Hard tec: Tec that add to your progress to higher tiers.

Soft tec: To gain access to build new units, structures and upgrades.

Side tec: Added cost to unlocking abilities and improving performance.

Conscripts at grenade and molotov fall into side tec category and volks snare is tied to hard tec.

Thats the concept I have from playing AOE, you dont need to build a blacksmith and go straight to the last age but your opponient may still have more potent infantry as they have built the blacksmith and upgrade their units.

5 Nov 2020, 05:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2020, 18:17 PMgbem

all im saying is that theres no reason for cons PPSH to perform as it does at the moment... its completely outclassed by volks MP-40

In what scenario exactly? When they're fighting eachother? That doesnt really represent the way you'll be using them most often, as others have said

Conscript ppshs are a solid upgrade still. 7 man cons, and svt cons to a lesser extent, have made it less common but they're still good. I use them often in 2v2 when going guard rifle combined arms

Not sure if anyone has even mentioned oorah yet, which is a big plus for ppsh cons
5 Nov 2020, 09:00 AM

In what scenario exactly? When they're fighting eachother? That doesnt really represent the way you'll be using them most often, as others have said

the point is why must volk mp40 outclass ppsh conscripts... what possible reason is there for a 60 munition upgrade on the worst infantry ingame to be worse than a 45 munition upgrade for a better (though still bad) infantry squad...

Conscript ppshs are a solid upgrade still. 7 man cons, and svt cons to a lesser extent, have made it less common but they're still good. I use them often in 2v2 when going guard rifle combined arms

again no reason for the axis upgrade to be better...

Not sure if anyone has even mentioned oorah yet, which is a big plus for ppsh cons

id say the (free) smoke nades are an even bigger plus on MP40 volks... smoke nades actually allow you to rush machineguns... oorah`s only real advantage over smoke nades is snaring
5 Nov 2020, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2020, 09:00 AMgbem
the point is why must volk mp40 outclass ppsh conscripts... what possible reason is there for a 60 munition upgrade on the worst infantry ingame to be worse than a 45 munition upgrade for a better (though still bad) infantry squad...

For one thing, because balance isn't a matter of "them versus us". Units are balanced on their own, within their respective factions and against the environment in which they operate. This means that there can easily be differences in cost effectiveness between comparable units of different factions/sides.
5 Nov 2020, 12:18 PM

For one thing, because balance isn't a matter of "them versus us". Units are balanced on their own, within their respective factions and against the environment in which they operate. This means that there can easily be differences in cost effectiveness between comparable units of different factions/sides.

Amen to that. Besides, don't cons get 6 PPSHs? Combine that with sprint, they can easily close the gap vs volks/grens/jaeger/sniper and win. Don't get all the fuss about it. The upgrade is fine.
5 Nov 2020, 12:20 PM

Amen to that. Besides, don't cons get 6 PPSHs? Combine that with sprint, they can easily close the gap vs volks/grens/jaeger/sniper and win. Don't get all the fuss about it. The upgrade is fine.

No they do not, they get 3.
5 Nov 2020, 12:22 PM

They get 3 which are about 25% weaker then shock/penal ones.
5 Nov 2020, 14:56 PM

Do the ppshs transfer? Or when the model with the ppsh dies is that ppsh out of the equation
5 Nov 2020, 15:58 PM

Do the ppshs transfer? Or when the model with the ppsh dies is that ppsh out of the equation

They transfer and reduced the close DPS drop when model die.
5 Nov 2020, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2020, 12:20 PMVipper

No they do not, they get 3.

Thank you for the correction. Still, I don't think it's overpriced (maybe a bit). Even though they are weaker than the shock ones.
5 Nov 2020, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2020, 09:00 AMgbem

Because this isn't how balance works, and you're analysis is flawed to begin with. You missed the point, I don't agree that mp40 upgrade completely outclasses it. Who wins in a 1v1 fight is a terrible way to test the units
5 Nov 2020, 16:05 PM

Thank you for the correction.

It response to your question not a correction :).

Still, I don't think it's overpriced (maybe a bit). Even though they are weaker than the shock ones.

that is pretty standard most mainline weapons are weaker versions of elite weapons same why the Storm trooper Mp-40 are superior to rest of the MP-40s.
5 Nov 2020, 18:00 PM

Because this isn't how balance works, and you're analysis is flawed to begin with. You missed the point, I don't agree that mp40 upgrade completely outclasses it.

then what supposed "advantage" exists for the cons ppsh upgrade then?

Who wins in a 1v1 fight is a terrible way to test the units

of course... but lets not count the smoke grenade HE grenade and the lower cost yes? also theres apparently a DR reduction... lets not count that too
5 Nov 2020, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2020, 18:00 PMgbem

then what supposed "advantage" exists for the cons ppsh upgrade then?

Once again, you are still asking an irrelevant question. I suggest you actually make an attempt to read what Sander said to you. You are doing balance completely wrong right now

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2020, 18:00 PMgbem

of course... but lets not count the smoke grenade HE grenade and the lower cost yes? also theres apparently a DR reduction... lets not count that too

What are you talking about? No one is "not counting" anything. And it's a target size reduction, not damage reduction
5 Nov 2020, 18:13 PM

Once again, you are still asking an irrelevant question. I suggest you actually make an attempt to read what Sander said to you. You are doing balance completely wrong right now

by that argument we should buff cons PPSH even more since SOV is underperforming hard (at least outside of teamgames)

What are you talking about? No one is "not counting" anything. And it's a target size reduction, not damage reduction

ahh yes TR reduction... but thats moot point... volks mp40 is a superior upgrade regardless
5 Nov 2020, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2020, 18:13 PMgbem

by that argument we should buff cons PPSH even more since SOV is underperforming hard (at least outside of teamgames)

What? This has nothing to do with what I just said

Volks mp40 is a superior upgrade regardless

Once again this means nothing for ppshs. Ppshs do as well as they should against what they are fighting against. Your opinion about mp40s has nothing to do with that
5 Nov 2020, 18:20 PM

What? This has nothing to do with what I just said

"I suggest you actually make an attempt to read what Sander said to you."

by that argument cons PPSH should be buffed as SOV is underperforming HARD

Once again this means nothing for ppshs. Ppshs do as well as they should against what they fight against. Your opinion about mp40s has nothing to do with that

they dont... they get wrecked by STGs and MP40s against OKW get wrecked by assgrens as OST and are nowhere near as good as 5 man or ostruppen...
5 Nov 2020, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2020, 18:20 PMgbem

by that argument cons PPSH should be buffed as SOV is underperforming HARD

Lol you mean your opinion that they underperform. Care to actually qualify that with any facts or specifics? Which game mode? Against what faction/commander?

Anyone who says "this faction is UP/OP" without any nuance should not be taken seriously. 9/10 it's a specific strategy with a faction that overperforms

they dont... they get wrecked by STGs and MP40s against OKW get wrecked by assgrens as OST and are nowhere near as good as 5 man or ostruppen...

They do not get "wrecked" by stgs unless you use them poorly. Imo ostruppen and 5 man grens are OP, so that's not a good measuring stick
5 Nov 2020, 18:37 PM

Lol you mean your opinion that they underperform. Care to actually qualify that with any facts or specifics? Which game mode? Against what faction/commander?

Anyone who says "this faction is UP/OP" without any nuance should not be taken seriously. 9/10 it's a specific strategy with a faction that overperforms

my take is that they underperform out of team games thanks to that 20 minute period of helplessness the faction faces between enemy weapon upgrades and the T-70...

https://www.coh2.org/topic/105597/1v1-automatch-stats/page/1#post_id822826

granted these winrates arent sufficient to say with absolute certainty that SOV underperforms... but these statistics at least bear weight beyond that of the average "opinion"

They do not get "wrecked" by stgs unless you use them poorly. Imo ostruppen and 5 man grens are OP, so that's not a good measuring stick

STGs are a general purpose upgrade which increases DPS at ALL RANGES... sure it loses to cons PPSH upclose but the advantage of increased firepower at all ranges offsets that...
5 Nov 2020, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2020, 18:37 PMgbem

but these statistics at least bear weight beyond that of the average "opinion"

I wouldn't say that, given that they are from April-May. Even then this is silly, you say they underperform in team games but then post stats from 1v1

20 minute period between t70 and upgrades? Can you at least try not to exaggerate every other sentence of you're attempting to make a serious point

STGs are a general purpose upgrade which increases DPS at ALL RANGES... sure it loses to cons PPSH upclose but the advantage of increased firepower at all ranges offsets that...

This has nothing to do with that I said. I said Ppsh cons do not get wrecked by stgs if you use them correctly. Oorah, flank, just don't walk straight at them in the open. They aren't shock troops
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS