Login

russian armor

OKW needs buff?

26 Oct 2020, 10:29 AM

OKW

https://www.coh2.org/topic/106030/sander-s-personal-balance-changes/post/836273
26 Oct 2020, 11:41 AM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/106030/sander-s-personal-balance-changes/post/836273

Those tech changes feel like a big FU for soviets. Total 200MP to unlock medics, AT nades, indirect fire, weapon upgrades, machine guns, AT gun, fire grenades.

Like bruh how are soviets supposed to play against that. And in the same suggestion list the T70 is nerfed lol.
26 Oct 2020, 11:58 AM

Main problem is sanders trying to nerf USF to ground again. OKW is good shape but need slight buff on armor section. But people talk about OKW and other factions but not britt call in meta with super terminator sections. Just play it and see how fun. Sanders is just killing game right now.
26 Oct 2020, 17:24 PM

Those tech changes feel like a big FU for soviets. Total 200MP to unlock medics, AT nades, indirect fire, weapon upgrades, machine guns, AT gun, fire grenades.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in the notes (I've added it now), but Panzerfausts and weapons upgrades would still be locked behind the full BG tech, so nothing changes there. It'd only provide easier access to medics and indirect fire / HMG (which are all very expensive to unlock compared to other factions), which would be some added flexibility that I think OKW needs.

If it'd turn out that Soviets would then need some additional adjustments to keep up, then I would happily have another look at that.
26 Oct 2020, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2020, 07:51 AMKatitof

No, no, he is right, we need to nerf mechanized to avoid power creep.
We will be nerfing it to the point where BG will be equally appealing choice.

But gbem wasn't asking for a nerf to mechanized, he was asking for a buff to it. Besides, what's OKW gonna do with a nerfed mechanized HQ?

Apologies if I missed the sarcasm.
26 Oct 2020, 18:02 PM

The change OKW needs is cheaper BGHQ and Mechanized HQ, but both mandatory to get Schwerer Panzer HQ.
Pip
26 Oct 2020, 18:12 PM

It would be nice if OKW were able to build Obers sooner than the Schwere HQ as well, honestly. They're a fantastic unit, hampered by the fact they come unreasonably late. If the MG34 upgrade remains behind Panzer Auth I don't know that they'd be unreasonably strong with just their rifles, but if you were able to get them out much sooner OKW might not be forced to build 4~ volks, and it might flatten the curve a bit.

I still think OKW popcap needs a little bit of a look at too.
26 Oct 2020, 20:34 PM

The change OKW needs is cheaper BGHQ and Mechanized HQ, but both mandatory to get Schwerer Panzer HQ.

This is a good alternative. Not a buff, not a nerf. Redistribution of resources. On top of that redistribution, you could modify the build times to further balance the whole schmuck.
26 Oct 2020, 21:02 PM

Now that's an interesting idea. Would fix the eternal 'proper heal/ISG or LVs' problem OKW's had since well...inception.
26 Oct 2020, 21:33 PM

And have Luchs or Flak HT running around 10-20 fuel earlier? Such a change would upset the light vehicle timings way too much? It would also make all the tank rush strategies (using BG) worse, which would have a negative impact on teamgames where Mechanized isn't used as much unless people go for Stukas.
26 Oct 2020, 21:45 PM

And have Luchs or Flak HT running around 10-20 fuel earlier? Such a change would upset the light vehicle timings way too much? It would also make all the tank rush strategies (using BG) worse, which would have a negative impact on teamgames where Mechanized isn't used as much unless people go for Stukas.

That way you could just move the flak HT to mechanized and stuka to Schwerer. It’s more of a change to tech routes in order to follow the Ostheer/Sov model, not so much the “both cheaper” part.

Point is if this was 2015 I’d just go for linear OKW tech instead of decisions. At this point this idea just can’t work.
26 Oct 2020, 21:46 PM

Okw doesn't have a healing problem. They have the most stock healing options of any faction besides the brits who despite having the very best in the game keep getting given more.. it just requires resources of you don't pick bghq.
26 Oct 2020, 21:49 PM

A brace-ability for OKW bases would be nice :P

Lock off shouldn't disable refresh on heal-base, maybe a debuff of 50% etc. would fit better.
26 Oct 2020, 23:03 PM

Okw doesn't have a healing problem. They have the most stock healing options of any faction besides the brits who despite having the very best in the game keep getting given more.. it just requires resources of you don't pick bghq.

They do have healing problem, its not problematic to get heals (if you kept you STs alive), its the fact that its too expensive with a stupid mechanic behind it.

Soviets can spend 250MP for perma heal
Ostheer 150MP and 60muni
US 250MP and 10Fu
UKF 30muni(?). But let it be UKF healing is one of the most unfair, if not the most, things in the entire game.

All of this are more or less 1 time buy upgrades

OKW spend 45muni, for a 3 AOE heals, which force you to heal in a specific moments, where most of your troops are in base in order to make most of this heals.

Add to the mix that Volks already have to get StGs to get maximum from their perfomance and get into their small advantage window or stay at least valid, aswell as use nades quite often depending on match up.

27 Oct 2020, 01:16 AM

They do have healing problem, its not problematic to get heals (if you kept you STs alive), its the fact that its too expensive with a stupid mechanic behind it.

Soviets can spend 250MP for perma heal
Ostheer 150MP and 60muni
US 250MP and 10Fu
UKF 30muni(?). But let it be UKF healing is one of the most unfair, if not the most, things in the entire game.

All of this are more or less 1 time buy upgrades

OKW spend 45muni, for a 3 AOE heals, which force you to heal in a specific moments, where most of your troops are in base in order to make most of this heals.

Add to the mix that Volks already have to get StGs to get maximum from their perfomance and get into their small advantage window or stay at least valid, aswell as use nades quite often depending on match up.

Look if you are trying to tell me that the faction designed specifically to be strained for resources is struggling to afford buying everything like a faction that isn't designed to be resource starved I'm not just gunna willy nilly take your word for it. Imma need hard numbers and replays. I've also heard rumors that usf is supposed to mobile and all their units are good on the move from elite infantry hip firing lmgs, to moving modifiers on armour. Now of course both of these things would be a travesty because faction design is a sin and all factions should be able to throw all the grenades they want and slap weapons on every squad and snare every tank and lay all the mines and still naturally have bounds of munitions for everything. I know... I KNOW they call it a tactical real time strategy game but I'd really like it a lot more of they took out the tactical and strategy parts. I don't want to make decisions,hell,if the game could play itself entirely I'd be OK with that.
27 Oct 2020, 01:52 AM

Look if you are trying to tell me that the faction designed specifically to be strained for resources is struggling to afford buying everything like a faction that isn't designed to be resource starved I'm not just gunna willy nilly take your word for it. Imma need hard numbers and replays. I've also heard rumors that usf is supposed to mobile and all their units are good on the move from elite infantry hip firing lmgs, to moving modifiers on armour. Now of course both of these things would be a travesty because faction design is a sin and all factions should be able to throw all the grenades they want and slap weapons on every squad and snare every tank and lay all the mines and still naturally have bounds of munitions for everything. I know... I KNOW they call it a tactical real time strategy game but I'd really like it a lot more of they took out the tactical and strategy parts. I don't want to make decisions,hell,if the game could play itself entirely I'd be OK with that.

Yeah alright, all cool, but can we make faction strained in other logical ways, for a change? This is retarded in its core, that faction is stripped of essential part of game, not grenades, not snipers, not lack of X thing, but from core game mechanic. Healing is not a simple decision, it what every single faction had to get at rufly same timing.

Bad desing is bad desing, and so called "faction themed around something", is not applyable here. Shitty healing came from Panzerschreck volks ages where it didnt matter if you go for med or mech.

Right now in 99% scenarios as OKW you want to go mech to have proper lucks+puma combo (from 1v1 perspective), otherwise you gonna have a bad time, going med is either:
1) Enemy way too campy, you need igs
2) You need healing WAY too badly
And you know it just as good if you play 1v1 or at least watch decent players play.

I understand that you love your concept of so called "decisions" and "faction uniqueness", but ones again applying this to any of core mechanic is just plain bad. Even if you want, it could have been 1 create for a resonable price (10\15 muni) so at least you wont bleed munitions like a pig, which you NEED to spend on upgrading you inf, its not a decision whether you want upgrades or you dont.

Lets strip faction from minesweapers and lock them behind something you need to shoot your leg for and lock yourself from 10 things you need to get 1 because you badly need it, and call it "decision making".
27 Oct 2020, 02:51 AM

Unlike Eastern armies, Western like USF & OKW used to be lack off something, such as Lieu tech gives only AI options, Cap tech gives only AT options. But now USF tech is well rounded. While OKW struggle on something that basic need for every faction: healing.

Repair upgrade on MechaHQ isnt necessary since every faction has at least a Builder squad to do the job. Has long as you keep the squad alive, repairing will be free.

If both BattleHQ & MechaHQ have 2 options, either upgrade medic or repair. Im sure players with upgrade medic on both HQ. Sturmpion with sweeper already repair twice as fast as a Rear squad.

Brit Tommy has medkit, forward point medic and able to build medic squad. I dont see why Okw cant have a medic squad at least.
27 Oct 2020, 03:50 AM

Yeah alright, all cool, but can we make faction strained in other logical ways, for a change? This is retarded in its core, that faction is stripped of essential part of game, not grenades, not snipers, not lack of X thing, but from core game mechanic. Healing is not a simple decision, it what every single faction had to get at rufly same timing.

and assuming you dont lose your sturm you have that. okw isnt stripped of an essential part of the game, people just dont want to use it.

Bad desing is bad desing, and so called "faction themed around something", is not applyable here. Shitty healing came from Panzerschreck volks ages where it didnt matter if you go for med or mech.

okw is designed so that they have everything even if they lose entire tech buildings. they will never be without AT, and they will never be without healing. they have the tools. one simply has to use them. fight over the munitions once and again. its an important resource just like fuel, though most OKW players forget this.

Right now in 99% scenarios as OKW you want to go mech to have proper lucks+puma combo (from 1v1 perspective), otherwise you gonna have a bad time, going med is either:
1) Enemy way too campy, you need igs
2) You need healing WAY too badly
And you know it just as good if you play 1v1 or at least watch decent players play.

not entirely sure what you are saying here. it reads like " you want to go mech for the units in mech, the only time you go med is for the things that med gives you" which i cant find fault in cause thats more or less the point....isnt it?

I understand that you love your concept of so called "decisions" and "faction uniqueness", but ones again applying this to any of core mechanic is just plain bad. Even if you want, it could have been 1 create for a resonable price (10\15 muni) so at least you wont bleed munitions like a pig, which you NEED to spend on upgrading you inf, its not a decision whether you want upgrades or you dont.
as said before, fight over the munitions on occasion and youll manage both! for only 210mp you can zip and zoom around the map capturing resource points and dipping out like its a tactical RTS based around capturing resource points!

Lets strip faction from minesweapers and lock them behind something you need to shoot your leg for and lock yourself from 10 things you need to get 1 because you badly need it, and call it "decision making".

except AGAIN... okw has healing. its not stripped away at all nor at any point ever is okw locked from anything. the split teching is actually very clear. med is based on defensive attrition play and mech is designed around light armour play. infantry or armour as a focus, however as said, okw is DESIGNED for this. going med doesnt lock you out of having AT and going mech doesnt deny you healing, only more efficient versions of each. its not like AEC/bofors or hammer/anvil where one decision eliminates the other and no alternative is provided THATS locked away.for okw its all there...

only change i would like to see in regards to OKW healing is that volks get their self heal moved BACK to vet 3, as it was moved to vet 5 because of shrek vet inflation. this allows some munitions strain to be lifted as was intended when the faction was designed. we dont need to reinvent the wheel by twisting teching and smooshing in untested resource economy changes. this will also help volks with their mid game until obers or other elites roll out.

27 Oct 2020, 09:49 AM

Armadillo is right. OKW has healing solutions. You can't really deny that. Thing is, today people usually completely ignore munitions and go straight away for fuel. I used to win a lot of games early on just by rushing munitions, managing to upgrade my infantry earlier than the opponent and dealing with the early vehicle they are bound to have sooner than you with ATGs or snares or indirect fire. Munitions is seen as a boogeyman for some reason, so OKW, which is dependent on it for healing and needed STGs, does not really go for it.
OKW doesn't have any caches, they have the salvage wreck which is an efficient fuel booster on average and it costs nothing.
OKW doesn't have a possibility of an early no-input AOE heal, they have medkits on SPs. That's one of the reasons that sturmpios are so efficient in combat and have lower than average hit-box. So that even if you do fall asleep, you won't lose them instantly. I know that I lost a lot of REs and Rifles against Sturmpios just because I was going around the corner and the sturmpios were as well, and I turned my head to check on another squad. Boom, 3 seconds later, point blank range, no cover and REs are gone, rifles probably 4 seconds.

All in all, it's a give and take relationship. You can't have the best of both worlds.
27 Oct 2020, 10:15 AM

... That's one of the reasons that sturmpios are so efficient in combat and have lower than average hit-box...

Infantry do not have hit-box but target size.

Vehicles have a both a hit-box and target size.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★