Login

russian armor

M4A3E8 - Rifle Company USF

26 Oct 2020, 12:40 PM

Just gonna mention this again because I think the whole USF armour line-up needs to be more structured.

Armour rework
From 'state of doctrinal armour' thread

1. 76mm sherman removed and replaced with Easy 8s in commanders, Easy 8 moving accuracy restored, made faster than regular sherman.

2. Vet 1 vehicle crews gain 'applique armour' ability to use on Shermans, Sherman 105s & Sherman Easy 8s.
Ability requires vehicle to be within vicinity of a vehicle wreck and when used (like salvage), applies armour taken from the wreck to the tank to create a Sherman Jumbo. Mobility nerfed to the floor, armour increased to KT levels & HP increased but weapons unchanged. Can stack with dozer upgrade.Use sandbags/concrete blocks/ metal panel skin added to the front of the Sherman & an icon modifier.

3. Just a completely wild thought: To differentiate the AT brawler M4A3E8 from the Jacky a bit more, would it break the game if the Jacky was given much greater sight range (like firefly) when stationary but made so that it could only fire when stationary? Then the jacky acts far more as an open-topped AT gun on tracks that must be stopped to engage, while the Easy Eight compliments as a brawler.

Then the USF armour line-up looks like:

- M4 Sherman: All-rounder ,in-field upgrade to 76mm sherman (like COH1)
- M4A3E8 Sherman (doctrinal): Fast, flanking anti-tank Sherman (Doctrinal) Old moving accuracy returned.
- M4 105 Sherman (doctrinal): AI Sherman
- M4 Jumbo/MA3E8 Jumbo/M4 105 Jumbo: Slow heavy conversion (a late-game screening alternative to the rifleman meatgrinder).

- M36 Jackson: Changed to fire only when stationary. Fast repositioning and long ranged AT sniper.
- M10 Wolverine: The brawling and lighter alternative to the Jackson in some docs.

Gives USF a strategy other than rifleman blob to take damage late game. Drawing the late game focus to a more balanced combined arms force instead of rifle blob to soak damage backed up by Jacksons.

Also please give Major or ambo weapon racks when deployed, equipping rifles is very micro heavy
26 Oct 2020, 12:53 PM

Shermans are not wipe machines.Shermans get rekt by raketens very easily. So you cannot pass raketen wall and wipe infantry. Shermans are paper armored fun toys for axis. Jackson is nerfed hard and not best td in game. Scotts are easily counterable right now. Pack howie is only thing in usf that can damage axis but you can counter easily with werfer or stuka. 50 cals are not best. Firing arch of 50cals is small and you can easily flank 50cal. USF pay lots for healing and get baserushed by some 222 and boom!. Your healing gone unlike med bunkers cost only 60 muni and 150 manpower. And there is no pop cap advantage in USF right now. And popcop is not issue in 1v1. Bar rifles MUST DO well aganist stg volks or lmgs. Because USF pay lots and lots for reinforcement cost on riflemans and and pay 60 muni on close combat weapon(first burst from grens mg42 kill your insantly one of your squad members.) And no 5 men greens fine. PG comes to early. Most of axis players spam engineers and wait till pgs. Osttruppen was meme and now meta. People get understand how to use osttruppens.

ok you convinced me
26 Oct 2020, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2020, 12:40 PMTomDRV

- M4A3E8 Sherman: Fast, flanking anti-tank Sherman (Doctrinal) Old moving accuracy returned.

The ez8 is way slower than rest of the shermans check stats, and for no apparent reason. It cant flank shit.
27 Oct 2020, 05:18 AM

Shermans are not wipe machines.Shermans get rekt by raketens very easily. So you cannot pass raketen wall and wipe infantry. Shermans are paper armored fun toys for axis. Jackson is nerfed hard and not best td in game. Scotts are easily counterable right now. Pack howie is only thing in usf that can damage axis but you can counter easily with werfer or stuka. 50 cals are not best. Firing arch of 50cals is small and you can easily flank 50cal. USF pay lots for healing and get baserushed by some 222 and boom!. Your healing gone unlike med bunkers cost only 60 muni and 150 manpower. And there is no pop cap advantage in USF right now. And popcop is not issue in 1v1. Bar rifles MUST DO well aganist stg volks or lmgs. Because USF pay lots and lots for reinforcement cost on riflemans and and pay 60 muni on close combat weapon(first burst from grens mg42 kill your insantly one of your squad members.) And no 5 men greens fine. PG comes to early. Most of axis players spam engineers and wait till pgs. Osttruppen was meme and now meta. People get understand how to use osttruppens.

I don't even....
28 Oct 2020, 18:22 PM

Easy eight ftw
Can tank shreks
Can wipe infantry
Can penetrate a Panther

What more do you need from a tank?
28 Oct 2020, 19:27 PM

Easy eight ftw
Can tank shreks
Can wipe infantry
Can penetrate a Panther

What more do you need from a tank?

a better commander. thats it
28 Oct 2020, 19:31 PM

I still have a grudge against this commander ever since Riflemen flamethrowers and being told 'ISGS WIN THE GAME AGAIN' after stealing flamers off the USF player in a 1v1.
30 Oct 2020, 05:07 AM

Pretty much this, this Wehraboo community is in denial.

Oh and the Jackson nerf was done to help the Panzer IV. Why did the Panzer IV need any help against a "tank destroyer" in the first place? Jackson is supposed to be a counter to that but the idiot community got all mad and indignant that their precious Panzers were getting blown up by a mere US AFV so the balance team gave in an nerfed it. It's kind of sad story really.
Pip
30 Oct 2020, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2020, 05:07 AMCODGUY
snip

The Jackson is still arguably the best TD in the game, and doesn't even struggle against the P4. It pens on every single shot midrange at vet0 against the P4J, and every single shot at vet0 against the P4G. It pens every time against any P4 at vet3, as well, without needing to use HVAP. HVAP then gives it fantastic DPS versus premium Med and heavier armour.

I mean, I know you're trolling, but I'll respond in good faith anyway.
30 Oct 2020, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2020, 14:09 PMPip

The Jackson is still arguably the best TD in the game, and doesn't even struggle against the P4. It pens on every single shot midrange at vet0 against the P4J, and every single shot at vet0 against the P4G. It pens every time against any P4 at vet3, as well, without needing to use HVAP. HVAP then gives it fantastic DPS versus premium Med and heavier armour.

I mean, I know you're trolling, but I'll respond in good faith anyway.

He's not trolling. He genuinely thinks that every single usf unit and ability is underpowered.
30 Oct 2020, 17:00 PM

He's not trolling. He genuinely thinks that every single usf unit and ability is underpowered.

You always blame. Rifleman is squishy and you know it and you love it! Jackson is also after nerf is solid but not awesome unit. What are you people still expecting for jackson ? I know that you guys want old jackson that strugle aganist even p4 !!! Usf infantry just die like flies and there is very big manpower bleed in Usf early game. Why we are just ignoring this situation and justifying "squishy " Usf infantry problem with "muh firepower and best mainline infantry in game" kind a bullshit. Best bullshit in this community is people still claim "Usf got best mainline infantry". I think you guys stuck in 2015 or just misleading people about Usf infantry. USF got major problem. After switching to Okw and Brits i can clearly see that usf infantry is fragile and take too much manpower.
Pip
30 Oct 2020, 17:03 PM

I dunno man, I've watched the forum for years now and I keep seeing him. I think it's just as possible he's doing it for a laugh.
Pip
30 Oct 2020, 17:06 PM

You always blame. Rifleman is squishy and you know it and you love it! Jackson is also after nerf is solid but not awesome unit. What are you people still expecting for jackson ? I know that you guys want old jackson that strugle aganist even p4 !!! Usf infantry just die like flies and there is very big manpower bleed in Usf early game. Why we are just ignoring this situation and justifying "squishy " Usf infantry problem with "muh firepower and best mainline infantry in game" kind a bullshit. Best bullshit in this community is people still claim "Usf got best mainline infantry". I think you guys stuck in 2015 or just misleading people about Usf infantry. USF got major problem. After switching to Okw and Brits i can clearly see that usf infantry is fragile and take too much manpower.

Im not sure how much the bleed precisely, but Riflemen are undoubtedly fantastic mainline infantry. The buff to their "close" distance gave them a major boost in firepower from their preferred ranges. They're intended to be flanking infantry, and they do this job fantastically. When Barred up they're a force to be reckoned with.

The Jackson is absolutely an "awesome" unit. What exactly is wrong with it? Please, enlighten us.
30 Oct 2020, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2020, 17:06 PMPip

Im not sure how much the bleed precisely, but Riflemen are undoubtedly fantastic mainline infantry. The buff to their "close" distance gave them a major boost in firepower from their preferred ranges. They're intended to be flanking infantry, and they do this job fantastically. When Barred up they're a force to be reckoned with.

The Jackson is absolutely an "awesome" unit. What exactly is wrong with it? Please, enlighten us.

LOL. Rifleman is not fantastic mainline infantry. You are just provokating me for rage posting. But no. I will not give you what you want. First rifleman is mediocre mainline infantry who act like "best mainline". Best mainline is 5 men tommies. Even you bunch of fanboys did not still claim that "bruh rifleman is best mainline" kind a shit. Secondly they are not fucking flanking infantry. Where did you learn that they are intented to be flanking infantry ? Where did you learn that fucking rifleman intented to be flanking infantry ? They are fucking mainline infantry. MAİNLİNE İNFANTRY. On jacksons topic they are not fucking awesome. Jackson is just normal td. It can penetrate but "must" fucking penetrate. It cannot chase down tanks after nerf. Rof is not very good to. Los is depends on commander. It is not "wunderwaffe" that you claim.
Pip
30 Oct 2020, 18:15 PM

LOL. Rifleman is not fantastic mainline infantry. You are just provokating me for rage posting. But no. I will not give you what you want. First rifleman is mediocre mainline infantry who act like "best mainline". Best mainline is 5 men tommies. Even you bunch of fanboys did not still claim that "bruh rifleman is best mainline" kind a shit. Secondly they are not fucking flanking infantry. Where did you learn that they are intented to be flanking infantry ? Where did you learn that fucking rifleman intented to be flanking infantry ? They are fucking mainline infantry. MAİNLİNE İNFANTRY. On jacksons topic they are not fucking awesome. Jackson is just normal td. It can penetrate but "must" fucking penetrate. It cannot chase down tanks after nerf. Rof is not very good to. Los is depends on commander. It is not "wunderwaffe" that you claim.

You're making this too obvious.
31 Oct 2020, 00:17 AM

It can penetrate but "must" fucking penetrate. It cannot chase down tanks after nerf. Rof is not very good to.

You should probably play the game before posting.
Pip
31 Oct 2020, 04:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2020, 00:17 AMSpoof

You should probably play the game before posting.

Agreed. From testing in cheatmod, and after reviewing https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H5z6szCfhmAAnDprmgwLzc-viZg4HPhKZshNLErvnck/edit#gid=1638665511 the Jackson pens the P4 every single time at any range at vet 0, has a minimal chance at vet 0 to bounce at max range against a vet 2 P4 or a P4J, and penetrates the P4J every single time at vet (2? 3? i forget when it gets the pen bonus) at all ranges. Similar story with the Panther when the Jackson is using HVAP.
31 Oct 2020, 05:00 AM

So do you have kind of evidence to back up your claim or just the case of "If I said so it must be right"?
31 Oct 2020, 11:41 AM

Stats dont lie. But if this is the case, why is no one using it and why does it feel so lackluster?

It doesn't provide anything greater than a regular sherman or a regular jackson would provide. In addition the doctrine it comes in has the ez8 and thats it. Not really worth putting that commander in when you can get commanders who better supplement USF's base roster.
31 Oct 2020, 17:45 PM

Look guys. I just want the M4A3E8 to be buffed, preferably in the AI department so that you can rush it and use it as a generalist vehicle like other premium mediums. It's really a weak choice atm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★