Login

russian armor

M4A3E8 - Rifle Company USF

31 Oct 2020, 18:49 PM

Look guys. I just want the M4A3E8 to be buffed, preferably in the AI department so that you can rush it and use it as a generalist vehicle like other premium mediums. It's really a weak choice atm.

They aren't going to do that. It would make things too hard for Axis players. Look at how thwy needlessly nerfed the Jackson and have done nothing about Panzergren blobs.
Pip
31 Oct 2020, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2020, 18:49 PMCODGUY

They aren't going to do that. It would make things too hard for Axis players. Look at how thwy needlessly nerfed the Jackson and have done nothing about Panzergren blobs.

Please stop making the same post over and over. The Jackson is still one of, if not the best TD in the game.
31 Oct 2020, 21:28 PM

Don't assume the Easy Eight simply replaces the M4 and that your only option is to spam it. I'd advise getting a single M4 first and only then going for Easy Eights. HE rounds are too powerful to pass up on and there's also the timing factor.

The Easy Eight provides much more safety against mediums than the M4, but I'd still back them up with AT guns, also because of the threat of heavier targets.

The time it takes for an Easy Eight to kill a skirted P4 at long range is:
4*(234/155)*6.55 = 40 seconds

The time it takes for a P4 to kill an Easy Eight at long range is:
5*(215/110)*5.75 = 56 seconds

The time it takes for an M4 to kill a skirted P4 at long range is:
4*(234/100)*6.05 = 56 seconds

The time it takes for a P4 to kill an M4 at long range is:
4*(160/110)*5.75 = 33 seconds

As you see, the roles pretty much reverse if you put an Easy Eight up against a P4, instead of an M4.

If I'd change anything about the Easy Eight, is its veterancy. It should get +25% penetration like the 76mm instead of +30% accuracy, because it doesn't scale particularly well against heavier tanks. No point in having high accuracy on a 40 range brawler tank.
Pip
31 Oct 2020, 23:34 PM

Don't assume the Easy Eight simply replaces the M4 and that your only option is to spam it. I'd advise getting a single M4 first and only then going for Easy Eights. HE rounds are too powerful to pass up on and there's also the timing factor.

The Easy Eight provides much more safety against mediums than the M4, but I'd still back them up with AT guns, also because of the threat of heavier targets.

The time it takes for an Easy Eight to kill a skirted P4 at long range is:
4*(234/155)*6.55 = 40 seconds

The time it takes for a P4 to kill an Easy Eight at long range is:
5*(215/110)*5.75 = 56 seconds

The time it takes for an M4 to kill a skirted P4 at long range is:
4*(234/100)*6.05 = 56 seconds

The time it takes for a P4 to kill an M4 at long range is:
4*(160/110)*5.75 = 33 seconds

As you see, the roles pretty much reverse if you put an Easy Eight up against a P4, instead of an M4.

If I'd change anything about the Easy Eight, is its veterancy. It should get +25% penetration like the 76mm instead of +30% accuracy, because it doesn't scale particularly well against heavier tanks. No point in having high accuracy on a 40 range brawler tank.

The high accuracy is supposed to help it maintain DPS while moving though, isnt it? Combined with the generic USF superior moving accuracy. I get the impression its supposed to be more "Hit and run" than "Brawler"
1 Nov 2020, 00:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2020, 23:34 PMPip

The high accuracy is supposed to help it maintain DPS while moving though, isnt it? Combined with the generic USF superior moving accuracy. I get the impression its supposed to be more "Hit and run" than "Brawler"

The Easy Eight is already kinda accurate on itself because of low scatter.

Consider the 76mm has 150 far penetration and 3.26 second reload at vet 3, while a vet 3 Easy Eight has 155 far penetration but 5.29 second reload, it scales kinda lackluster comparatively. 215 armor also isn't that impressive against AT guns anyway. The extra hp is nice though.

Instead of penetration replacing accuracy, it could instead get a +5 range bonus at vet 2 (not replacing anything). Easy Eight is good when it arrives, but once late game full pop highly vetted armies kick in, you'Il wish you went with something more reliable against armor.
Pip
1 Nov 2020, 01:43 AM

Consider the 76mm has 150 far penetration and 3.26 second reload at vet 3, while a vet 3 Easy Eight has 155 far penetration but 5.29 second reload, it scales kinda lackluster comparatively. 215 armor also isn't that impressive against AT guns anyway. The extra hp is nice though.

Instead of penetration replacing accuracy, it could instead get a +5 range bonus at vet 2 (not replacing anything). Easy Eight is good when it arrives, but once late game full pop highly vetted armies kick in, you'Il wish you went with something more reliable against armor.

I think the other thing is this:

Do USF particularly care to have a "Brawler" tank to fight other tanks, when they could instead just get a Jackson to fight other Tanks, or a regular Sherman or 76mm for double-duty? It feels like one tank is always going to be somewhat surplus to requirement. Is there really a niche that needs to be filled?

Maybe you could turn it into some sort of "Command" tank... though I'm not sure whether that's a good idea, nor really suits the E8.
1 Nov 2020, 06:35 AM

The 76mm is simply OP because it has the veterancy bonuses designed for the T-34/76 and not designed for the a USF unit. (although the second reload bonus was changed to penetration)

It also has a superior pintle HMG. It the 76mm that need to brought inline with other Shermans.

1 Nov 2020, 09:22 AM

I really like the +5 range replacing +30% accuracy at vet 2. Another good alternative is to replace the +30% accuracy with a straight up +160HP bonus, exactly like the Jagdpanzer IV’s vet 2.

This change perfectly synergizes with the unit’s brawler role in the USF roster and still keeps the same Axis counterplays by not altering the core combat capabilities.
1 Nov 2020, 13:19 PM

I really like the +5 range replacing +30% accuracy at vet 2. Another good alternative is to replace the +30% accuracy with a straight up +160HP bonus, exactly like the Jagdpanzer IV’s vet 2.

This change perfectly synergizes with the unit’s brawler role in the USF roster and still keeps the same Axis counterplays by not altering the core combat capabilities.

Is risky adding more health because a fleet of rather durable self healing premium medium tanks would be a recipe for spam
1 Nov 2020, 13:22 PM

Is risky adding more health because a fleet of rather durable self healing premium medium tanks would be a recipe for spam

Already exists and the ez8 isn’t viable. This change should make them last an extra AT gun shot, enough to give people a reason to use them.
1 Nov 2020, 13:29 PM

Already exists and the ez8 isn’t viable. This change should make them last an extra AT gun shot, enough to give people a reason to use them.

Are you suggesting another hit of health on top if it's existing one though? Because 880 health with 215 armour, the ability to self heal and great in the move could be a really bad thing is all I'm saying.

Also the E8 is a great unit, but the surrounding commander is ass. It's like picking a commander with 1 slot when the others have 4-5
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★