Login

russian armor

M4A3E8 - Rifle Company USF

24 Oct 2020, 04:57 AM

There has been a lot of conversation around this unit. I've been trying to use it but its cruddy AI really really holds it back. The only thing niche it has is bullying the shit out of regular mediums.

I suggest some buff to its main gun to increase its AI. Maybe blast radius.
24 Oct 2020, 12:13 PM

E8 isn't really supposed to be AI though. It's more like the relationship a p4 and Panther have than the t34s have, albeit to a lesser extent. The E8 is supposed to be a brawler. It's got over 200 armour and a great pen gun. Problem is that it's not ever going to be necessary because why in any world ever would anyone not just get the Jackson?

I don't really like the idea of a heavy "generalist" Sherman because that's not in the spirit of the faction. What's more I remeber when the E8 had AI and it was a nightmare.....
24 Oct 2020, 19:13 PM

True, but OKW P4 has more armour than E8 and lesser AT gun and 80 less HP and more AI power. Target size is 1 less on OKW. Mobility is the same. ROF better on P4 out the gate + E8 is doctrinal and a bit more expensive. Currently it can neither brawl (unless you brawl against P4s), nor kill infantry. It's great only vs OST P4. OKW P4 will bounce enough shots for it to get support in the meantime.
25 Oct 2020, 02:33 AM
Donator 11

Id argue a p4 is overall more useful/reliable than an ez8
25 Oct 2020, 02:51 AM

It was a unit that was fairly strong back in the day, when it was a Call-In, since it could stop the enemy tank from slowing down your Flamer Riflemen too much, ever since that change it was been meh.

Ever since UA became a thing, I wouldn't recommend bothering with Rifle Company, Grenade REs clear garrison in more efficient ways and are a fun, unique gimmick USF has.
25 Oct 2020, 07:55 AM

What it actually need is 50 fire range like stug or wolverine
25 Oct 2020, 09:35 AM

well it is supposed to brawl, but with what targets? surely not infantry and beside ost p4 no tanks. It has more armor but it notorosly countered by at guns, mostly becouse its AI performance is bad. You are better of with the dozer upgrate, since that one actually has a purpose (killing infantry)
25 Oct 2020, 10:44 AM

Since the Sherman is so good at AI and the Jackson is so good at AT i think making the E8 specialize in either of these will continue to make it a hard sell.

What i would suggest is make it a USF equivalent to the UKF Commet. A premium expensive brawler/diver that is consistently good against ai but able to pen the Panther if needed. Just like with the Commet the price should reflect this.
25 Oct 2020, 13:22 PM

E8s stats are actually incredible. This is from memory so some might be off but iirc it has 215 armour and better pen than a t34/85. 0.8 moving accuracy and the extra hit worth of health. It's more than capable of fighting even skirted p4s and coming out favorably. Its capable of bouncing a pak at point blank, statically the p4 gun is not a reliable counter.
25 Oct 2020, 14:06 PM

E8s stats are actually incredible. This is from memory so some might be off but iirc it has 215 armour and better pen than a t34/85. 0.8 moving accuracy and the extra hit worth of health. It's more than capable of fighting even skirted p4s and coming out favorably. Its capable of bouncing a pak at point blank, statically the p4 gun is not a reliable counter.

Stats dont lie. But if this is the case, why is no one using it and why does it feel so lackluster?
25 Oct 2020, 14:47 PM

Stats dont lie. But if this is the case, why is no one using it and why does it feel so lackluster?

Because its alternative to stock units and stock units are perfectly fine.

Arguably, Jackson and Sherman are better then a pair of EZ8s, tho EZ8s are more micro forgiving even if more exposed at the same time.

Both compositions take down tiger and panther, so not much point in dedicating a doctrine for it within the meta.

It still can be very potent tank at mid tier play, its simply not needed at top level.
25 Oct 2020, 15:16 PM
Donator 11

Since the Sherman is so good at AI and the Jackson is so good at AT i think making the E8 specialize in either of these will continue to make it a hard sell.

What i would suggest is make it a USF equivalent to the UKF Commet. A premium expensive brawler/diver that is consistently good against ai but able to pen the Panther if needed. Just like with the Commet the price should reflect this.

I agree or give it the ability to swap shells like the other 76mm Sherman
25 Oct 2020, 19:24 PM

As was said, the stock units are fantastic, and usf never has any need for any sort of doctrinal AT unit because there isn't an AT unit that rivals the Jackson.
But on top of the redundancy the commander overall is really underwhelming so it's not seen for both reasons.
Its a great and fun unit that you don't need and arnt going to more or less not pick a commander for because the commander blows
26 Oct 2020, 02:16 AM

There has been a lot of conversation around this unit. I've been trying to use it but its cruddy AI really really holds it back. The only thing niche it has is bullying the shit out of regular

I suggest some buff to its main gun to increase its AI. Maybe blast radius.

The tank needs to have a special ability to make it useful. I keep saying this but give it WP shells as an alternate fire mode without a munitions cost. This would make it similar to a KV8 but with a way better gun.
26 Oct 2020, 09:41 AM

As was said, the stock units are fantastic, and usf never has any need for any sort of doctrinal AT unit because there isn't an AT unit that rivals the Jackson.
But on top of the redundancy the commander overall is really underwhelming so it's not seen for both reasons.
Its a great and fun unit that you don't need and arnt going to more or less not pick a commander for because the commander blows

I cant stand on your hypocracy about USF. You are just parroting "USF STOCK İS FANTASTİC!" narrative. NO! It is not fantastic or any good. You axis fanboys nerfed jackson,killed sherman,nerfe to dirt to pershing and still parroting your holly narrative as "usf stock is good", "USF got best mainline infantry" "USF get free units when tech" kind a npc narrative. Yes you guys are just npcs programmed to destroy one of the games faction. And you guys did it. I am playing Britts and their call in tanks, or just playing with OKW.
26 Oct 2020, 10:22 AM

I cant stand on your hypocracy about USF. You are just parroting "USF STOCK İS FANTASTİC!" narrative. NO! It is not fantastic or any good. You axis fanboys nerfed jackson,killed sherman,nerfe to dirt to pershing and still parroting your holly narrative as "usf stock is good", "USF got best mainline infantry" "USF get free units when tech" kind a npc narrative. Yes you guys are just npcs programmed to destroy one of the games faction. And you guys did it. I am playing Britts and their call in tanks, or just playing with OKW.

USF stock units are "fantastic" for the roles they cover.
26 Oct 2020, 11:36 AM

Shermans are wipe machines, jackson is by far the best TD in the game, scotts are uncounterable in some teamgame situations, Pack Howie is broken, AAHT has incredible timing although it's hard to pull off against 222 pak combo, 50cals are the best MGs in the game, best stock heal in the game, you get 20 more pop cap than your opponent easily. Bar rifles do well against STG volks, lmgs, and g43. The only problem US has lies in the OPness of 5men grens, Osttruppen and PGs.
26 Oct 2020, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2020, 11:36 AMGiaA

Shermans are wipe machines, jackson is by far the best TD in the game, scotts are uncounterable in some teamgame situations, Pack Howie is broken, AAHT has incredible timing although it's hard to pull off against 222 pak combo, 50cals are the best MGs in the game, best stock heal in the game, you get 20 more pop cap than your opponent easily. Bar rifles do well against STG volks, lmgs, and g43. The only problem US has lies in the OPness of 5men grens, Osttruppen and PGs.

Shermans are not wipe machines.Shermans get rekt by raketens very easily. So you cannot pass raketen wall and wipe infantry. Shermans are paper armored fun toys for axis. Jackson is nerfed hard and not best td in game. Scotts are easily counterable right now. Pack howie is only thing in usf that can damage axis but you can counter easily with werfer or stuka. 50 cals are not best. Firing arch of 50cals is small and you can easily flank 50cal. USF pay lots for healing and get baserushed by some 222 and boom!. Your healing gone unlike med bunkers cost only 60 muni and 150 manpower. And there is no pop cap advantage in USF right now. And popcop is not issue in 1v1. Bar rifles MUST DO well aganist stg volks or lmgs. Because USF pay lots and lots for reinforcement cost on riflemans and and pay 60 muni on close combat weapon(first burst from grens mg42 kill your insantly one of your squad members.) And no 5 men greens fine. PG comes to early. Most of axis players spam engineers and wait till pgs. Osttruppen was meme and now meta. People get understand how to use osttruppens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★