Login

russian armor

Dropping before minute 5

7 Oct 2020, 12:09 PM

It seem that are certain users at least in large modes that, if they do not have a good start, they will immediately drop.

Can Relic consider a time ban for users that repeatedly drop at the start of the game?
7 Oct 2020, 14:04 PM

I've noticed this phenomenon too, it really ruins the game for the remaining players. especially in 3v3. It's a serious blow to the team if a human player is substituted by AI. I would really support this.
7 Oct 2020, 15:40 PM

It would be nice, but I don't think they'll implement a major code change like this.
7 Oct 2020, 15:41 PM

It would be nice, but I don't think they'll implement a major code change like this.

Suggestion is via report not via code.

Relic would have to explain to users thou that continuous drops are not acceptable behavior.
7 Oct 2020, 16:03 PM

A ban should never happen. There are not enough players for banning. Some players drop because they know the other team is really good or their team sucks bad.

And using CELO we see premades with ranks like top 50 against 9000 rank players. Is it fair to be forced to play that?

And how many team games do you have where your partner makes a mortar or ambulance first thing. That game is over. There is no way you will win that. Alt-F4.
7 Oct 2020, 16:17 PM

And how many team games do you have where your partner makes a mortar or ambulance first thing. That game is over. There is no way you will win that. Alt-F4.

What if the opposing team has a player doing the same thing? Building a bunker first or getting a truck after like 1 volks squad

I think the point is at least make them wait to find out first. 5 minutes isn't that long
7 Oct 2020, 16:24 PM

A ban should never happen. There are not enough players for banning. Some players drop because they know the other team is really good or their team sucks bad.

And using CELO we see premades with ranks like top 50 against 9000 rank players. Is it fair to be forced to play that?

Not really. I've had many game changers. I've had players that had retarded openings... Not to brag...but I also had some retarded openings... and still won. You lose some early game but as long as you're not bleeding dry, it's fine. The biggest problem are premade teams vs random teams.

If you're going against premade teams that have voice chat, you're doomed. While they might not necessarily be better players than you and your teammates, the coordination is 70% of this game. Reminds me of Bryan brothers in tennis (pairs). Sh*te players individually, but combined they dominated male pairs in tournaments.

Still, abandoning the game early on shows weakness. Complete lack of willpower and mentality of a retarded amoeba. Plenty people suffer from elitism where they think that they know everything and are clairvoyant.

Considering mortar opening. It's fine vs in teamgames. Heck, even in 2v2, if you coordinate well you can focus 2/3 VPs and still win. Plenty of people fight over all 3 VPs and never really do anything instead of focusing 2/3 and sneaky capturing the 3rd one to deny generation.
7 Oct 2020, 16:31 PM

Yes a ban should not never happen, I am talking about a time ban. It could be as small as 1 day.

And one can wait 5 minute for a surrender even if his team is bad.
7 Oct 2020, 17:12 PM

If COH2 came out today one would expect modern standards of multiplayer gaming to apply, such as a reconnect functionality and penalties for repeated leaving. I think the first time I saw these functions implemented was in MOBAs, which are, not unlike COH2, very intense PVP games.

That said, giving up this early is a big mistake in an RTS like this one. In COH2, much more than many other similar games, it is possible to turn around seemingly insurmountable disadvantages by the grace of its tactical play, as opposed to an economic focus. It's an admirable achievement by Relic and part of why COH2 became my favorite RTS.
7 Oct 2020, 18:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2020, 15:41 PMVipper

Suggestion is via report not via code.

Relic would have to explain to users thou that continuous drops are not acceptable behavior.

Nah, that's prone to abuse and increasing the workload as someone would had to take a look at how many of them are on purpose or not. I hope the new client fixes also fixes bugsplats permanently.

For a punishment for dropping to be effective, it has to immediate after it is done. And that is only feasible on a future installment of the franchise.

Dropping from a game should be a exponentially increasing time out which resets after X time. It should never be a whole game ban (which i think it's the only ban we have atm), just from automatch.
8 Oct 2020, 13:10 PM

This will never be a thing because you cannot prove if the person didnt always just drop because of internet crash or because of a RL emergency as long as they dont write in chat every time.

And as Rosbone said.... even though personally I almost never drop THAT early, you shouldn't be forced to stay in a lost game due to:

- teammates who are afk since 3+ minutes already
- rank 1000+ vs rank 50 (CELO) type of games
- troll teammates
- etc.
8 Oct 2020, 13:14 PM

This will never be a thing because you cannot prove if the person didnt always just drop because of internet crash or because of a RL emergency as long as they dont write in chat every time.

And as Rosbone said.... even though personally I almost never drop THAT early, you shouldn't be forced to stay in a lost game due to:

- teammates who are afk since 3+ minutes already
- rank 1000+ vs rank 50 (CELO) type of games
- troll teammates
- etc.

I did not suggest one should be forced to stay for long.

Relic has decided to set surrender at 5 minutes so dropping before that should discouraged.

Alternative Relic could set the time to surrender to 1 minute and allow the vote to through even if not all player vote (AFK)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★