Login

russian armor

Can we plz "fix" the CalliOPe?

1 Oct 2020, 15:14 PM

its my cocaine, and due to your comment, im not sharing any with you
1 Oct 2020, 15:50 PM

I dont know., is hard to know when you have L2P issues, if arty get closer enough and you dont notice it. i think is your fault., if you blob your inf., Is also your problem, if you make your Truck very near the front where you cannot anticipate because no vision, is on you also, and then, mainly as a wehrmacht player i have some wipes cause callios but also do my stuff with werfer., and normally in great effect. Pzwerfer is superb to deal with blobs. if you double firing two werfer at the same time., Extinction guaranteed.

tbh when arty get a problem is because you cannot get enough pressure to put the enemy in trouble., you just get encapsuled and ejecuted. if you can at least have a contested match you can found always a way to blow up any arty,

OK callio is a bit harder to kill and is something to keep in mind when you go for it in deep operations. nothing than a well timed panzerfaust to secure that kill.

1 Oct 2020, 16:28 PM

That's nonsense, the scott is really good and I'm suggesting it get buffed so it would absolutely still get used. By your logic nobody would every use it now and I see it all the time

Your just skipping right over the part where I said to nerf the Calliope before it becomes stock...

If someone is relying entirely on pak howie's and calliopes (after being nerfed...) then your tanks should be able to mop the floor with them...
Nop none will lock themselves doctrinally with scott when calliope is available, unless you nerf calliope to land matress level or below. And I can’t see a world where an overbuffed scott will not be a problem unless you completely rework the unit to be more risky to use. Too much work this late and never gonna happen.

Everyone uses Scott rn because they don’t have access to other mobile arty non-doc. None going for calliope or priest will use scotts consistently because you are painfully vulnerable to tanks.

Your tanks will not mop the floor with anything because there is a thing called Jackson that keeps USF up with AT game. A pak howi calliope jackson turtle is the only usf meta you’ll ever see.
1 Oct 2020, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2020, 16:28 PMZzoner

Everyone uses Scott rn because they don’t have access to other mobile arty non-doc. None going for calliope or priest will use scotts consistently because you are painfully vulnerable to tanks.

The scott is not even close to the same role as the Calliope or Priest. What are you talking about? Literally the only thing they have in common is the word artillery. After that the units aren't even remotely similar

Calliope is good against blobs, priest is good against team weapons/structures, scott is all-purpose anti-infantry. You pick the one you need, you don't get both of them unless your opponent is allergic to building vehicles...
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2020, 16:28 PMZzoner

Your tanks will not mop the floor with anything because there is a thing called Jackson that keeps USF up with AT game. A pak howi calliope jackson turtle is the only usf meta you’ll ever see.

If they are camping and relying on artillery, you should easily be able to outnumber their tanks... If you can't fight 1 jackson I don't know what to tell you

For some reason you think choosing a scott makes you too vulnerable to tanks, but camping with a pak howy and a Calliope is somehow an ironclad defense against anything...
1 Oct 2020, 19:27 PM

I don't think munu for Calliope barrages is a good idea for USF. They burn through muni more than everyone else already

Making their rocket arty require doctrine and muni seems like too much of punishment

Its an avenue for balance at least. What's more, munitions should be strained for all factions and choices should be made like they are for fuel imo. If the calliope is a doctrinal rocket arty that can also be a tank I think a muni cost is acceptable. It would be a trade off to giving every single infantry squad you build BARs.
2 Oct 2020, 14:33 PM

Its an avenue for balance at least. What's more, munitions should be strained for all factions and choices should be made like they are for fuel imo.

That I can agree with. I just think the US are the closest to that setup already
3 Oct 2020, 02:18 AM

If the scott is going to be doctrinal, infamy company will be a good place to pit it (replace the mtht).
3 Oct 2020, 09:32 AM

I think scott is a replacement for pak when the enemy get werfers and/or stukas. It shouldn't be doctrinal and neither should Callope be stock. Callope as such should be removed from the game or at the very least nerfed to it's armour/agility.
3 Oct 2020, 15:07 PM

To me it's just as simple as everyone should have rocket arty stock. The blobbing in this game is too ridiculous, and rocket arty is one of the only reliable ways to punish that in the late game

You shouldn't have to choose a commander to counter something you see almost every game
3 Oct 2020, 15:23 PM

blobbing is mostly a 3v3+ thing. Since the maps are A BIT larger than the 1v1, 2v2 counterparts (some are the same size like Winnekendonk). So you have a bit larger map and 200 more population units on it. Blobbing is bound to happen unless you spread out your units across the whole map fighting all 3 or 4 opponents, which is micro hell, so good luck with that. USF doesn't need rocket arty, pak howi + scott + Sherman are enough. Sure Stuka or werfers are much more dangerous since they can completely wipe in one salvo but still, you HEAR them coming so you can counter it.
3 Oct 2020, 17:54 PM

Threads like this are proof that people force themself to find something to "balance"
next thread pls fix scott because i must micro my pak wall
3 Oct 2020, 18:02 PM

blobbing is mostly a 3v3+ thing.

No it isn't. It's very common in 2v2

Blobbing is bound to happen unless you spread out your units across the whole map fighting all 3 or 4 opponents, which is micro hell, so good luck with that.

I sounds like you and I have very different definitions of blobbing. Having all your units fight over one section of the map doesn't necessarily mean you are blobbing... That is way too general

USF doesn't need rocket arty, pak howi + scott + Sherman are enough. Sure Stuka or werfers are much more dangerous since they can completely wipe in one salvo but still, you HEAR them coming so you can counter it.

Picking the Calliope is the meta in team games right now, so I really don't see how you can possibly think that
4 Oct 2020, 01:33 AM

To me it's just as simple as everyone should have rocket arty stock. The blobbing in this game is too ridiculous, and rocket arty is one of the only reliable ways to punish that in the late game

You shouldn't have to choose a commander to counter something you see almost every game

Agreed on principle as well as for this case, every little bit counts towards making the game more balanced for all factions.

Hope COH3 doesn't follow the same stupid path of "glaring factional holes in basic functionality = faction flavour, herderrrr....."
6 Oct 2020, 04:04 AM

Make the Caliope less mobile, buff the Sherman 105 to be a brumbär. So USF can deal with big blobs without caliope
6 Oct 2020, 07:56 AM

Make the Caliope less mobile, buff the Sherman 105 to be a brumbär. So USF can deal with big blobs without caliope

Sherman 105 is already close to Brumbar levels...
6 Oct 2020, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2020, 07:56 AMVipper

Sherman 105 is already close to Brumbar levels...

It has less armor, less hitpoints and is slower... and doesnt have Rapidfire vet1 bombardment that outranges and kills at guns easy
6 Oct 2020, 21:10 PM

It has less armor, less hitpoints and is slower... and doesnt have Rapidfire vet1 bombardment that outranges and kills at guns easy

It gets extra HP as a vet bonus which is better than armor and it has a turret which is a huge plus.
6 Oct 2020, 21:33 PM

It also has a crew and a dozer blade
6 Oct 2020, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2020, 21:10 PMVipper

It gets extra HP as a vet bonus which is better than armor and it has a turret which is a huge plus.

I prefer armor, so it maybe can take some bounces... Pak wall + shreks just destroy the 105 easy.
7 Oct 2020, 00:56 AM

I prefer armor, so it maybe can take some bounces... Pak wall + shreks just destroy the 105 easy.

What do you think the smoke launcher is for?

Shrecks against dozer is a risky move
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment