Login

russian armor

USF what if

25 Aug 2020, 14:48 PM

Basically what other people said. I'd add though that Brits have the WASP if needed and get a quick T1 base arty as well.
OKW on the other hand does only face early MGs when playing against Brits. SOV and USF need some time to tech if the even chose that tech path (also the Maxim is real shite at suppression, I've had it more than once that Volks crawl across open field to throw a incendiary into my building), so at least against those factions an early mortar is not a must have.

i always though USF gets t0 mortars so that they can always have some kind of arty. Cus the mortar gets pretty redundant after you have access to paks howis/scots.
I main SOV so i know(all to well that is) how terrible the maxim is.
25 Aug 2020, 18:16 PM

Basically what other people said. I'd add though that Brits have the WASP if needed and get a quick T1 base arty as well.
OKW on the other hand does only face early MGs when playing against Brits. SOV and USF need some time to tech if the even chose that tech path (also the Maxim is real shite at suppression, I've had it more than once that Volks crawl across open field to throw a incendiary into my building), so at least against those factions an early mortar is not a must have.

Seems that the vickers is actually even worse at suppressing, it just mercs models instead though.
25 Aug 2020, 20:13 PM

i always though USF gets t0 mortars so that they can always have some kind of arty. Cus the mortar gets pretty redundant after you have access to paks howis/scots.
I main SOV so i know(all to well that is) how terrible the maxim is.

The reasoning they gave was the fuel free mg/garrison counter. The fact the pak howi makes it redundant is a pak howi problem more than anything (Scott with a fuel cost its a bit more "OK")
25 Aug 2020, 21:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Seems that the vickers is actually even worse at suppressing, it just mercs models instead though.

I never had major issues with the Vickers suppressing squads. I think the only "issue" arises if the Vickers targets an almost dead model, kills it, and then needs to retarget which in total prolongs the suppression time. Apart from that the time to suppress is not bad afaik.
26 Aug 2020, 00:29 AM

If usf had a jeep ala kubel or like the original it'd be good scouting tool for mgs besides pathfinders. Also a risky early game kamikaze vs ost snipers
26 Aug 2020, 03:42 AM

I never had major issues with the Vickers suppressing squads. I think the only "issue" arises if the Vickers targets an almost dead model, kills it, and then needs to retarget which in total prolongs the suppression time. Apart from that the time to suppress is not bad afaik.

Yeah it does that a lot heh. Suffering from success.

I was testing it a bit because someone asked for it in another thread, and the maxim actually seemed to pin squads a lot faster than the vickers. Didn't really pay attention to how long it took to suppress though.
26 Aug 2020, 08:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah it does that a lot heh. Suffering from success.

I was testing it a bit because someone asked for it in another thread, and the maxim actually seemed to pin squads a lot faster than the vickers. Didn't really pay attention to how long it took to suppress though.

I don't know about the pinning time, that might be. But I also find the time to suppression (yellow) way more useful. If they are already suppressed they are not a huge threat anymore anyway, pinning is secondary. And in that regard the Vickers is not hugely worse even compared to the MG42 (Sanders once had hard numbers on that, can't remember/find them at the moment though).
26 Aug 2020, 22:44 PM

?

I'm not Axis fan like you. Therefore its not my opinion. lol.
26 Aug 2020, 23:23 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2020, 22:44 PMRiley

I'm not Axis fan like you. Therefore its not my opinion. lol.

That's the point. You said in the previous post you made, when something is on axis side it doesn't get A because it has B. But here you are asking for buffs for USF just because axis have it. Seems pretty..... biased....
27 Aug 2020, 00:47 AM

That's the point. You said in the previous post you made, when something is on axis side it doesn't get A because it has B. But here you are asking for buffs for USF just because axis have it. Seems pretty..... biased....

Repeat my words one more time. You change the meaning. I said Axis fans objected when I proposed similar ideas for USF and UKF. Therefore, I answered with the same wording. I think Sander also told me that if the okw have early artillery, this does not mean that other factions should have it. Or heavy tanks (Like kt) without doctrines.
27 Aug 2020, 00:49 AM

But here you are asking for buffs for USF

Oh yes, I didn't ask for them. I just said that I like this idea. If I asked, I would be the author of the post
27 Aug 2020, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2020, 00:29 AMKoRneY
If usf had a jeep ala kubel or like the original it'd be good scouting tool for mgs besides pathfinders. Also a risky early game kamikaze vs ost snipers

I am sure this would solve many of the faction's problems. And maybe it would be viable in 2v2 tournaments.
27 Aug 2020, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2020, 00:49 AMRiley

Oh yes, I didn't ask for them. I just said that I like this idea. If I asked, I would be the author of the post

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2020, 00:52 AMRiley

I am sure this would solve many of the faction's problems. And maybe it would be viable in 2v2 tournaments.

Seems to me that if you think an idea is good and balanced and openly post your support of it, your action is tantamount to asking for it.

If and only if the WC51 was brought in line with the other light vehicles of its relative timing could it be even viable to put as a non doc T0.

To compare to the other lights-
The soviet m3 has both a fuel and a tech cost associated with it, scales poorly and has no way to self repair. It also has the lowest HP of all these vehicles allowing it to be one-shot by mines(200-kubel has 194, but also has a 20% damage reduction)
The universal carrier is the slowest of all these vehicles, is incapable of capping, can carry units which cant fire while carried, and has the worst sight of all the lights(35), it can self repair but it costs munitions every time. It also scales probably the worst of all these lights.
The kubel has poor durability, has the weakest weapon of these vehicles, has no upgrades and can't carry troops at all. It scales slightly better then the others due to its infantry maphack.

The wc51 has the worst frontal armor(2.8 vs 3.0 on kubel) and needs to pay munitions to unlock its own weapon.
But other then these the WC51 literally does everything else that the other units do and sometimes do it better. It can cap, it can self repair, its upgraded weapon is the best MG available to these vehicles, it can spot, it can carry squads that can actually fire, it scales well with its abilities and it costs no fuel or tech. It has a speedboost ability which costs no resources to use. No other light vehicle in this lineup as so many advantages. You want to give USF this vehicle so early? You need to bring it in line with the other lighr vehicles.
27 Aug 2020, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2020, 15:10 PMSerrith

Seems to me that if you think an idea is good and balanced and openly post your support of it, your action is tantamount to asking for it.

If and only if the WC51 was brought in line with the other light vehicles of its relative timing could it be even viable to put as a non doc T0.

To compare to the other lights-
The soviet m3 has both a fuel and a tech cost associated with it, scales poorly and has no way to self repair. It also has the lowest HP of all these vehicles allowing it to be one-shot by mines(200-kubel has 194, but also has a 20% damage reduction)
The universal carrier is the slowest of all these vehicles, is incapable of capping, can carry units which cant fire while carried, and has the worst sight of all the lights(35), it can self repair but it costs munitions every time. It also scales probably the worst of all these lights.
The kubel has poor durability, has the weakest weapon of these vehicles, has no upgrades and can't carry troops at all. It scales slightly better then the others due to its infantry maphack.

The wc51 has the worst frontal armor(2.8 vs 3.0 on kubel) and needs to pay munitions to unlock its own weapon.
But other then these the WC51 literally does everything else that the other units do and sometimes do it better. It can cap, it can self repair, its upgraded weapon is the best MG available to these vehicles, it can spot, it can carry squads that can actually fire, it scales well with its abilities and it costs no fuel or tech. It has a speedboost ability which costs no resources to use. No other light vehicle in this lineup as so many advantages. You want to give USF this vehicle so early? You need to bring it in line with the other lighr vehicles.

Agreed. WC51 should stay the way it is (maybe price increase). Making it T0 stock would be pointless. USF doesn't need any type of scouting t0 stock vehicle. WC51 can scale late game with the arty. Run in, call arty, get out can work really well in teamgames. USF has options to counter both snipers and MGs from both axis factions. Early on it's a bit hard and you need to micro a lot since you have no smokes but when you get the smokes and paks, it's a different story. USF is not OP nor UP.
27 Aug 2020, 21:25 PM

Permanently Banned
What if USF gets a new commander: Armored Support Company.

This is a vehicle-based commander notable for having access to the M26 Pershing and having the Allied War Machine ability (Very High Munitions cost but for a duration, up to 2 USF vehicles that have been lost and destroyed [not abandoned] will shortly be replaced with vehicles of the same type at no cost), and the M4 Sherman Crocodile Flamethrower Tank (This medium tank has a fearsome flame projector but cannot fire its main cannon). Also has combined arms and time-on-target artillery abilities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★