Login

russian armor

Why is the Jagdtiger so pointless

10 Aug 2020, 17:49 PM

It costs 245 fuel and 720 MP, is basically useless against infantry, the schwere panzer upgrade is required to call it in ( and it needs to be alive ) , it seems to miss a lot of shots, it is slow, it requires spotting, and it can get into trouble when 2 allied TDs engage it frontally ( or when one T 34 rams it ... )

So what is the point of this ... thing ? Why not just get 2 JP 4 instead ? They seem to be better than the Jagdtiger in almost every way while being of far lower risk. Even when the enemy has a ISU 152 it is better to just get 2 JP4s to counter the ISU , as ISU doctrines come with Il2 bombing runs ...
If it could be called in even when the schwere HQ is destroyed then I would at least see a point in it, but at the moment it is just one big heavy lie. People tell you it is good to counter allied Tanks / TDs , but once you get it it is just a big waste of fuel.

10 Aug 2020, 17:55 PM

In my opinion it should get the ability to switch between HE and AP rounds ( like the ISU ). In return remove its 40 Ammo Zis barrage ability, the Engine Upgrade and make it cost 680 MP and 260 Fuel. A increase to accuracy would also be nice, although I am not sure whether my complaints regarding its accuracy are justified at all ( maybe I just have bad RNG )
10 Aug 2020, 17:57 PM

You get the JT to say fuck you to enemy armour. It can't bounce if I recall and the barrage ability is actually very potent against team weapons who struggle to move. It's mostly a team game unit though and that's fine.
10 Aug 2020, 18:17 PM
Donator 22

You get the JT to say fuck you to enemy armour.

+1

super potent in team games on quite a few maps.
I see it often enough to belive quite a few people see use in it
10 Aug 2020, 18:18 PM

Honest answer, because Relic was so enamored adding super-heavy tanks like the behemoth Jagdtiger and Sturmtiger that they hadn't actually thought about whether or not adding these would be a good idea. It turns out they're not particularly fun to use or play against, and both have been nerfed heavily to stop them from being unstoppable win cannons.
10 Aug 2020, 18:21 PM

Honest answer, because Relic was so enamored adding super-heavy tanks like the behemoth Jagdtiger and Sturmtiger that they hadn't actually thought about whether or not adding these would be a good idea. It turns out they're not particularly fun to use or play against, and both have been nerfed heavily to stop them from being unstoppable win cannons.

but sadly they forgget the ISU for years to touch. This thing is OP as hell. Its like a elefant and Brumbar had a baby. its great vs all targets. its faster than german ele and jgtiger ...has more rear armor, has great AI ...and even AA
10 Aug 2020, 19:20 PM

The JT is not a bad unit but the only time you need it is to counter ISU and it doesn't work well in this role because it's too slow to dodge ram and IL2. It's just not nearly as good as Ele with spotting scopes even though it has the off-map arty which is quite good now.

So yeah...better get something else.

I don't know how it is in 3v3 and 4v4 so what I said applies to 2v2 only.
10 Aug 2020, 19:48 PM

Oh no only completely denying all Allied armor from functioning at all. So completely useless, why would anyone want to use that?

Also its HE barrage literally has like 100 range. Great against team weapons.
10 Aug 2020, 20:23 PM

Oh no only completely denying all Allied armor from functioning at all. So completely useless, why would anyone want to use that?

Also its HE barrage literally has like 100 range. Great against team weapons.

i look everyday 1-3 stream from hiogh ranks ...mostly 2v2 or higher. u see jgtiger rarly...only one in 30 games or so. ...its because its shit and easy too lose. ´but an ISU u see it mostly every 3-4 game
10 Aug 2020, 20:29 PM

i look everyday 1-3 stream from hiogh ranks ...mostly 2v2 or higher. u see jgtiger rarly...only one in 30 games or so. ...its because its shit and easy too lose. ´but an ISU u see it mostly every 3-4 game

-OR- because the people you watch, assuming what you say is true, have a clue on how to play the game and don't need to crutch on it? It still excels at trash tier ranks, so I have no idea how you see it as useless.
10 Aug 2020, 20:36 PM

Jagd is seldom seen in such modes since you don't need it in such modes. Getting it in 3v3 and 4v4 is great. Don't think there is a teamgame where elefant of jagd are not present at some point in time. It's a unit you get to deny every ally armour, including ISU (500-550 penetration vs 340 armour, 100% penetration at all ranges on all units). ISU also can't touch it due to high armour and higher HP. Same as how ISU is often taken in teamgames and less so in 2v2 and never on 1v1, so are elefant and jagd. Great team game tanks.
10 Aug 2020, 20:41 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Basically what the issues were with these in RL
10 Aug 2020, 20:47 PM

Jagd is seldom seen in such modes since you don't need it in such modes. Getting it in 3v3 and 4v4 is great. Don't think there is a teamgame where elefant of jagd are not present at some point in time. It's a unit you get to deny every ally armour, including ISU (500-550 penetration vs 340 armour, 100% penetration at all ranges on all units). ISU also can't touch it due to high armour and higher HP. Same as how ISU is often taken in teamgames and less so in 2v2 and never on 1v1, so are elefant and jagd. Great team game tanks.

elefant is seen much, yes. but jgtiger? never seen it in weeks
10 Aug 2020, 21:28 PM

elefant is seen much, yes. but jgtiger? never seen it in weeks

I on other hand seen it constantly. Especially if my ally is going ISU or IS-2 (has commanders with heavies). I seen Jagd always on maps that favor laning. Like redball and Rhzev and Port of hamburg. Basically maps that have low flanking potential and are elongated. Super heavies and stukas and werfers excel on such maps and are always seen en masse. That's from my experience.
10 Aug 2020, 21:35 PM

I loved when JT had 85 range vs ISU 70, it actually made it better somewhat than elefant. Now... avoid it at all cost, the doc is not bad, sturmoffizier is godlike, pfus good, decap ability awesome and arty is not bad but the endgame tank is lackluster.
10 Aug 2020, 22:27 PM

I don't recall the last time I saw tightrope cast a game with one.
10 Aug 2020, 22:47 PM

but sadly they forgget the ISU for years to touch. This thing is OP as hell. Its like a elefant and Brumbar had a baby. its great vs all targets. its faster than german ele and jgtiger ...has more rear armor, has great AI ...and even AA

IIRC the rear armor of isu was fixed
10 Aug 2020, 23:05 PM

Good, they're braindead as fuck and boring to play against.

Basically what the issues were with these in RL

Wait the IRL issues with these were that they weren't fun to use so the allies nerfed it?
10 Aug 2020, 23:15 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Wait the IRL issues with these were that they weren't fun to use so the allies nerfed it?

So to say. The Jagdtiger was extremely unreliable and often broke down. Also his low moblity made it prone to Airstrikes because of it's big Target size. Certainly not fun to use altough effective against allied armor. Allies quickly figured this out and destroyed most of the deployed ones. Only 3 survived the war so I'd say it is kinda accurate
11 Aug 2020, 00:09 AM

So to say. The Jagdtiger was extremely unreliable and often broke down. Also his low moblity made it prone to Airstrikes because of it's big Target size. Certainly not fun to use altough effective against allied armor. Allies quickly figured this out and destroyed most of the deployed ones. Only 3 survived the war so I'd say it is kinda accurate

If the game was IRL-ready then pretty much every Axis tank except P4s would regularly break down.
There is no reason to play Jagd or elefant in 2v2 unless the enemy fields an ISU152. ISU152 can also be countered by pretty much anything. It's just a semi-stationary cannon in HE mode and mediocre TD in AP mode. Problem is, people expect to blob against it and win. Some maps are heaven for ISU152, even in 2v2 where you have a lot of unobstructed vision to snipe (same goes for axis HTD)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★