Login

russian armor

Volks too weak

20 Jul 2020, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 08:17 AMKatitof
That is so low level of you I feel like you just jumped out of 5 digit rank 4v4 game.

still, far better then someone who doesn't even play the game.

at OP, volks dont need changes for now, other mainlines need looking at first
20 Jul 2020, 08:37 AM

Ullumulu vs Katitof best of 5 when?
20 Jul 2020, 09:13 AM

They are OK.

Their STG 44 gives them a brief power spike, their assault package makes them cheap ass grens.

They suffer in the late game, even with Vet 5. But hopefully, you're Vet 2 Obers with MG34's/IR STG are on the field to own ass.

Something I wish they sort of had was a stock Faust with no flame grenade, then when you upgrade them, they gain a flame nade but lose the faust.

Would give OKW a much needed snare against lights without being too OP.

20 Jul 2020, 09:30 AM

They are OK.

Their STG 44 gives them a brief power spike, their assault package makes them cheap ass grens.

They suffer in the late game, even with Vet 5. But hopefully, you're Vet 2 Obers with MG34's/IR STG are on the field to own ass.

Something I wish they sort of had was a stock Faust with no flame grenade, then when you upgrade them, they gain a flame nade but lose the faust.

Would give OKW a much needed snare against lights without being too OP.

Lack of early snare is intended given how they just roll over soviet early game unless M3 is used.

With no flame nade they have no early game counter to garrisons at all.
20 Jul 2020, 09:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

@Katitof and Ullumullu:

Next one who goes for personal attacks gets a ban.
20 Jul 2020, 09:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

@OP:
Provide any reasoning why Volks are too weak. If not this thread can instantly be moved to the trash bin.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 22:30 PMKatitof

IS are so strong they had cost decrease to match their performance.

You mean the 10 MP decrease that does nothing (at least according to you when Volks got bumped up in price) in the patch before they got buffs again?
20 Jul 2020, 13:40 PM

Tightrope riflemen tests @ 17:53

Imo these scenarios are why Sander is tweaking riflemen in his notes. I'm kind of surprised they've been left alone like this.

20 Jul 2020, 15:24 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 07:04 AMKatitof

Whos dog you are? Lots of barking and doesn't even know about what.
Because selective reading is stronk with you, go read up what previous patch did to them and try to wrap your head around it.

The most recent patch nerfed the bolster timing with sections. That's all the changes with the sections. The patch before that turned the UP sections into straight terminators. The lowering of mp from 280 to 270 wasn't to compensate for combat nerfs that the section received it was another buff in addition to the combat buffs. So, learn to read, Katitof.
20 Jul 2020, 15:26 PM

volks better lategame
20 Jul 2020, 16:40 PM

@Katitof and Ullumullu:

Next one who goes for personal attacks gets a ban.

This is the kind of moderation this forum needs. T(h)anks man!
20 Jul 2020, 18:14 PM

Obers better lategame

I believe I fixed it for you ;)
20 Jul 2020, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 09:30 AMKatitof

I can't get to your profile so i'm asking it here. (error 403)

How do you have the patience to put 15k comments and also do you even play coh after all these messages?
for some reason acces is denied to viewing your account and outside of that, i've never seen you in any automatch.
It feels like you only post comments here but never played the game :P

I'd love to see your leaderboards.

Just wondering, has nothing to do with the topic.
20 Jul 2020, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 19:02 PMYRon²y

I can't get to your profile so i'm asking it here. (error 403)

How do you have the patience to put 15k comments and also do you even play coh after all these messages?
for some reason acces is denied to viewing your account and outside of that, i've never seen you in any automatch.
It feels like you only post comments here but never played the game :P

I'd love to see your leaderboards.

Just wondering, has nothing to do with the topic.

These 15k posts were made over 8 years, vast majority when I was at work at old job.
It does add up, check how many vipper has and how short comparably he is here.

My ranks got hidden again as I've sunk myself in Factorio a wee bit too much recently, but pre that I raked around ~300 in 2v2 RT.

My last uploaded replay is from last month I believe and I do have a history of being matched and winning now and then against very high ranking players(but you aren't going to be able to check these replays anymore).

Skill-wise I would place myself around IncendiaryRounds considering ranks alone, just for 2s.
20 Jul 2020, 19:46 PM

The factory must grow!
/offtopic
21 Jul 2020, 01:58 AM

Remember when Volks were the most powerful mainline

Coh2.org remembers
21 Jul 2020, 02:15 AM

Volks spam still hampers usf riflemans in the first minutes of the game. The Volks are the most cost-effective infantry. 260/25. Although looking at their performance, they should have been worth 270/27. Once they get stg44, they outnumber cons with ease. They have grenades and faust without special technologies. This allows Volks to expel mg from buildings very early. The only one with whom the Volks are not easy is Tommy. However, one can choose doctrine with mp44, and even tommies are no longer a problem. Also, after buffs with technologies, obers come earlier.

And do not forget that the folk are supporting by the most powerful starting unit - the Stormpioneers.
21 Jul 2020, 05:53 AM

I disagree that Mp44 makes them stronger against tommies.

Assault sections are a horror to deal with as OKW infantry, Mp44 volks are no real counter. It´s more like that upgrades adds another flavor to the composition due to the frag grenade.

That however might be handy
21 Jul 2020, 23:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 19:31 PMKatitof

These 15k posts were made over 8 years, vast majority when I was at work at old job.
It does add up, check how many vipper has and how short comparably he is here.

My ranks got hidden again as I've sunk myself in Factorio a wee bit too much recently, but pre that I raked around ~300 in 2v2 RT.

My last uploaded replay is from last month I believe and I do have a history of being matched and winning now and then against very high ranking players(but you aren't going to be able to check these replays anymore).

Skill-wise I would place myself around IncendiaryRounds considering ranks alone, just for 2s.

I mainly play 4v4 now, but i used to be top 50 in 1v1 with most factions.
I just now and then decide wether or not i want to be high rank in some mode. And then i just have to put the hours in.
I think 4v4 has been more of a pain in the ass to lvl up then 1v1.

I have played 2v2 too but never really tried to get high up in the rankings. And after seeing how much of a bitch 4v4 is to rank up, i don't think i ever will try, maybe except for if i ever play it with a good teammate.

It depends on the faction, but my best 4v4 rank is usf at around 100/200. I mean you could go and look for yourself: http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561197965055623/standings
I still have to put in a couple of hours for the rest of the factions and i'm not done yet with USF.
If you take in consideration i've just lost a winstreak of 20+ games with ostheer and i'm still rank 1500, i think you don't need much imagination of where i come from on the rankings.

My last replays were probably from a couple years back. Back when i played 1v1. These are also not replayable anymore, sadly. I wonder how much i improved from back then. Oh whatever.

What's your name in coh?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS