Login

russian armor

Volks too weak

19 Jul 2020, 15:02 PM

its just me or volks are worst than ostrupen ? and costs more , i think .

we need volks bulletins for them to make a diference or we have to put 3 or more squds close together .
19 Jul 2020, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 15:02 PMafrrs
its just me

This.
19 Jul 2020, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 15:02 PMKatitof

This.

explain ? or u too dumb ?
19 Jul 2020, 15:05 PM

And where is your explanation on why they are weak?
So:
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 15:03 PMafrrs
u too dumb

19 Jul 2020, 15:14 PM

I'm jalous every time my 2on2 teammate has nothing to worry about with his volks, and i get all sweaty and anxious when one my grens lose one model. Volks are easy top range early game base infantry.
19 Jul 2020, 15:34 PM

They are not too weak but Infantry Sections just completely stomp them and OKW doesn't have the tools to support them very well unlike Ostheer can do with sniper, MG42 and fast Pgrens or 222/ HT.

The bigger issue OKW has is that all their timings suck and they have lost their early game advantage. They always relied on snowballing with a strong early game but now that just doesn't work anymore.
19 Jul 2020, 16:34 PM

They are more durable than Osttruppen and have better DPS but as blvckdream mentioned - just outclassed and with few support tools.

As an OKW main I can only suggest to use your cover, sandbags (and buildings), rush that StG 44 upgrade to give you a window of firepower advantage/parity. That said, expect to lose green cover shootouts with IS unupgraded.
19 Jul 2020, 22:18 PM

IS are simply too strong and OKW has no good early tool vs MG spam. thats all
19 Jul 2020, 22:30 PM

IS are simply too strong and OKW has no good early tool vs MG spam. thats all

IS are so strong they had cost decrease to match their performance.

And OKW has tools against HMGs, pretty much most effective one that always wipes them if you go mech and reliable one if you go bg.

But its easier to just blame everything on balance then personal inability to use right units for right situations, amirite?
19 Jul 2020, 23:06 PM

Soviets mainline infantry got late game buffs in form of 7th man upgrade and an option to go SVTs. Ostheer got 5men grens that shit on volks comparably and grens received buffs in form of t4 shenanigans, UKF has been revitalized through rework:

I say its time to finally take a good look at the volks.

I personally feel like they have just fallen bit behind.

19 Jul 2020, 23:15 PM

no they are good, they are just badly designed with stg

if want to try and fix okw 1 could put rakten and mg 34 bheind first truck call in instaed of built

this would make raketen more reactionary to clown car and allow mg 34 to support volks early (like a maxim)
20 Jul 2020, 05:42 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 22:30 PMKatitof

IS are so strong they had cost decrease to match their performance.

Everyone and their dog can read the patch notes and figure out that the patch where the cost was decreased, sections combat stats were also buffed. The cost decrease was not given to match their performance. It was an overreaction from the balance team (an overbuff). Because if the sections were completely fine, why would the allied biased balance team bother to nerf sections again (bolster timing)?
20 Jul 2020, 05:47 AM

Permanently Banned
The reality is that cons should have 7man and rifles/officers never should have gotten the buff in the first place. What really should have happened to volks is that their price should increase to 260 and sandbags delayed behind vet 1 or make them doctrinal. Both the 7man and rifle buffs were COMPLETELY targeted against volks. Rifles and cons never struggled vs grens. So the right way to balance is to nerf volks a bit harder than what was done to them (ie. delay sandbags in addition to cost increase.) Then, balance sections accordingly. And remove the RA bonus associated with the 5man gren upgrade.
20 Jul 2020, 07:04 AM

Soviets mainline infantry got late game buffs in form of 7th man upgrade and an option to go SVTs. Ostheer got 5men grens that shit on volks comparably and grens received buffs in form of t4 shenanigans, UKF has been revitalized through rework:

I say its time to finally take a good look at the volks.

I personally feel like they have just fallen bit behind.

And it isn't going to change.
Volks are more then fine in early and mid game, mid game onwards, OKW has plethora of doctrinal infantry to choose from as well as much earlier obers.

Everyone and their dog can read the patch notes and figure out that the patch where the cost was decreased, sections combat stats were also buffed. The cost decrease was not given to match their performance. It was an overreaction from the balance team (an overbuff). Because if the sections were completely fine, why would the allied biased balance team bother to nerf sections again (bolster timing)?

Whos dog you are? Lots of barking and doesn't even know about what.
Because selective reading is stronk with you, go read up what previous patch did to them and try to wrap your head around it.
20 Jul 2020, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 07:04 AMKatitof

And it isn't going to change.
Volks are more then fine in early and mid game, mid game onwards, OKW has plethora of doctrinal infantry to choose from as well as much earlier obers.

Whos dog you are? Lots of barking and doesn't even know about what.
Because selective reading is stronk with you, go read up what previous patch did to them and try to wrap your head around it.

while brits for example are fine with their standard infantry because they upgrade them into obers performance ...with extra nice to haves like sandbags, healing for other squads, call in arty, trenches, mini atom bombs etc ...even handheld at if u want.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★