Login

russian armor

Volks too weak

23 Jul 2020, 20:58 PM

thanks to all feedbacks

for me volks are weak against riflemen and inf sections ( and these guys have cover bonus ) , only cons can be at the same level in performance .

so early game is bad for okw since u just have volks and sturms and kubel is wortless ( i dont use kubel ) ,

so if u want early strong game u need panzerfusiliers right ?

but not everyone want that doctrine so is kind forced to choose panzerfusi .

i personally go 90 per cent of time fort doctrine , i try to combine sturms with volks to make a diference against usa and uk .
23 Jul 2020, 21:05 PM

for me volks worse then ostruppens, put them in cover against each other and check
23 Jul 2020, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2020, 20:58 PMafrrs
thanks to all feedbacks

for me volks are weak against riflemen and inf sections ( and these guys have cover bonus ) , only cons can be at the same level in performance .

so early game is bad for okw since u just have volks and sturms and kubel is wortless ( i dont use kubel ) ,

so if u want early strong game u need panzerfusiliers right ?

but not everyone want that doctrine so is kind forced to choose panzerfusi .

i personally go 90 per cent of time fort doctrine , i try to combine sturms with volks to make a diference against usa and uk .

There is no strong early game for OKW vs UKF. Between MGing off the field and IS just outshooting you, you'll get pushed away unless they make some major mistakes and/or ISGs hit the field.

Panzerfusiliers are weaker than volks when stock, and the upgrade is more expensive meaning that they'll stay weaker for longer, but stronger after upgrading.

I've had some success with using SPs as an ambusher unit near likely waypaths and on a good game can force retreat an MG, buying time. Under no circumstances do you rush 100% hp behind cover IS with SPs

Rifles will get shot to pieces on approach if they rush a full hp volks behind sandbag, or in a long range shootout.

Kubel is EXTREMELY micro intensive but can be extremely annoying as well if played carefully.
23 Jul 2020, 21:48 PM

Kubel is EXTREMELY micro intensive but can be extremely annoying as well if played carefully.

Just a quick shout out to all the people who can micro their kubel into the lategame.

I hate you.

Vs Tommies volks will struggle but once a stuka hits the field you pretty much force your enemy into keeping his infantry spread out or risk losing it.

UKF lacks decent rocket artillery so this plays heavily into the Tommy vs Volks dynamic later on.

Just some food for thought.
23 Jul 2020, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2020, 21:48 PMGrim

Just a quick shout out to all the people who can micro their kubel into the lategame.

I hate you.

Vs Tommies volks will struggle but once a stuka hits the field you pretty much force your enemy into keeping his infantry spread out or risk losing it.

UKF lacks decent rocket artillery so this plays heavily into the Tommy vs Volks dynamic later on.

Just some food for thought.

;)

I agree with the rest of your post. Jagdpanzer IVs will eat fireflies 1v1 due to higher firerate and 4 hits for 4 hits for kills.
24 Jul 2020, 00:54 AM

;)

its wunderkubelbarr
:')
24 Jul 2020, 10:14 AM

There is no strong early game for OKW vs UKF. Between MGing off the field and IS just outshooting you, you'll get pushed away unless they make some major mistakes and/or ISGs hit the field.

Panzerfusiliers are weaker than volks when stock, and the upgrade is more expensive meaning that they'll stay weaker for longer, but stronger after upgrading.

I've had some success with using SPs as an ambusher unit near likely waypaths and on a good game can force retreat an MG, buying time. Under no circumstances do you rush 100% hp behind cover IS with SPs

Rifles will get shot to pieces on approach if they rush a full hp volks behind sandbag, or in a long range shootout.

Agreed on all counts. I don't use the Kubel often but when I do, I use it as an auxillary unit for Volks and paricularly strums.

But you have to micro the thing like a Sniper.

Part of me wishes they can carry one squad that can't shoot out. Then they would be even more useful and give Volks a significant mobility buff.
24 Jul 2020, 10:28 AM

Volks are early game squads , when you get the stgs they are super strong usually , especially if you went battlegroup so you can afford more of them faster. Then for you late game you have the option of obers or falls if you prefer them. Ostheer has grens which scale quite well late game. Volks are mid range squads with the stgs but their dps is limited by only being able to get 2 stgs which represent 1 bars in dmg.
3 Aug 2020, 06:06 AM

The might Kaitof has spoken... all silence....

Everyone has tools against hmgs. He's not some sort of genius for pointing out rocket arty blows up support weapons.
4 Aug 2020, 03:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2020, 10:28 AMKobal
Volks are early game squads , when you get the stgs they are super strong usually , especially if you went battlegroup so you can afford more of them faster. Then for you late game you have the option of obers or falls if you prefer them. Ostheer has grens which scale quite well late game. Volks are mid range squads with the stgs but their dps is limited by only being able to get 2 stgs which represent 1 bars in dmg.

The 1 bar in damage ignores (some) cover tho

IMO Volks should be used just like conscripts. You use them to hold the line until you can bring up your reserves or better infantry. Don't expect them to win many fights by themselves.
6 Aug 2020, 12:37 PM

For me Volks are fine, only the incendiary grenade is useless, it's stats are a joke.
6 Aug 2020, 22:30 PM

For me Volks are fine, only the incendiary grenade is useless, it's stats are a joke.

And yet they don't have to pay for it like the Molotov or wait 2 seconds for it to be thrown.
7 Aug 2020, 00:28 AM

only the incendiary grenade is useless, it's stats are a joke.

Good trolling. 10/10
9 Aug 2020, 22:54 PM

The 1 bar in damage ignores (some) cover tho

IMO Volks should be used just like conscripts. You use them to hold the line until you can bring up your reserves or better infantry. Don't expect them to win many fights by themselves.

right
10 Aug 2020, 06:11 AM

I do think volks are on the weak side though not necessarily underpowered if that makes sense. StG44 volks trade poorly against all other mainline intantry in the late game-and mid game depending on the speed of upgrades.

I'm not sure they need a "buff" for what they are used for, but you have to be crazy to think volks are high on the tier list of mainline infantry.

The 1 bar in damage ignores (some) cover tho...

BARs have the same cover penalties as most other small arms-they don't ignore cover.
MMX
10 Aug 2020, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2020, 06:11 AMSerrith

BARs have the same cover penalties as most other small arms-they don't ignore cover.

i think he was referring to the two stgs being worth one bar dps-wise and confused the spio's stg44 with the ober ir-stg version, which iirc ignores some part of the cover penalties.
10 Aug 2020, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2020, 06:29 AMMMX

i think he was referring to the two stgs being worth one bar dps-wise and confused the spio's stg44 with the ober ir-stg version, which iirc ignores some part of the cover penalties.

But he said that its the BAR that ignores cover....
MMX
10 Aug 2020, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2020, 06:33 AMSerrith

But he said that its the BAR that ignores cover....

ah well, from the post he cited it seemed to me he's talking about the stgs... but whatever, since neither the spio stg44 nor bars ignore any cover it probably doesn't matter anyway.
10 Aug 2020, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2020, 06:11 AMSerrith
I do think volks are on the weak side though not necessarily underpowered if that makes sense. StG44 volks trade poorly against all other mainline intantry in the late game-and mid game depending on the speed of upgrades.

I'm not sure they need a "buff" for what they are used for, but you have to be crazy to think volks are high on the tier list of mainline infantry.

in deed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 99
Netherlands 15
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %