Login

russian armor

UI dream changelog

20 Jul 2020, 08:28 AM

OKW

Obersoldaten
- Got separate string for white short description, which used in tier as description of the unit.
- Got adjusted order of abilities (doctrinal greandes are included)

- Bundle grenade icon was adjusted to match with other grenades.

The infiltration grenades should probably be moved to a different spot, because the construction menu on the volksgrenadiers is already there.

23 Jul 2020, 02:18 AM

Excellent work as usual!

I do have one difference of opinion: I think that UI positioning should be based on ability function. All frag grenades at 31, snares at 32, sprints at 33, for instance. That matters more than keeping all vet 1 abilities in the same spot, which is applied so inconsistently that I'm not sure if it was ever intended.

There will have to be exceptions, but these can be made consistent as well: conscript, panzergrenadier, and infantry section repair at 13, as an example.
23 Jul 2020, 18:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The infiltration grenades should probably be moved to a different spot, because the construction menu on the volksgrenadiers is already there.

Roger, will adjust it. Thank you!

Excellent work as usual!

I do have one difference of opinion: I think that UI positioning should be based on ability function. All frag grenades at 31, snares at 32, sprints at 33, for instance. That matters more than keeping all vet 1 abilities in the same spot, which is applied so inconsistently that I'm not sure if it was ever intended.

There will have to be exceptions, but these can be made consistent as well: conscript, panzergrenadier, and infantry section repair at 13, as an example.

You know,this kind of this system i was trying to do here. As you can see, offensive abilities are always more on the left for regular units, and on the right/top for engineers. Vetability slot is just a try to keep some consistency with original version of the game. Your idea sound good for units with clear role, but need some research for units with unique or mixed role on the field.

On the other hand, for vehicles it’s definetly sounds as a good idea, i will review it later. Thank you!

Edit: i see you have unique profile portrait, if you have something to suggest for the game - go on. More UI artist is always better!
27 Jul 2020, 01:09 AM

I do agree that the number of exceptions is the main issue for my idea. Because of that, it would take a fair amount of work to see if it's viable. I will say that the main advantage is for gridkeys. For classic hotkeys, not too much of an issue.

And thank you! The picture is for my Japan mod, a Type 89 grenade discharger stun grenade. "Artist" is a kind way to put it for me, but I am willing to help with design or photoshop.
5 Nov 2020, 15:42 PM

Whole lot of much appreciated polish. Great work!
7 Nov 2020, 13:29 PM

How difficult is it for Relic to have a couple of freelancers like Osinyagov to work on iterative updates for COH2? The game has more broken text-strings, typos, grammatical errors and general UI inconsistencies than most mods for any currently played RTS!

Is the game so barren financially as to only barely warrant the operation of the servers?
7 Nov 2020, 14:00 PM

Id like to see the commanders that the enemy has in their loadout (not selected) viewable in game with the list where you can see what faction everyone is.
7 Nov 2020, 14:02 PM

And I would like to have intel bulletin removed from being visible to the enemy team :)
8 Nov 2020, 08:30 AM
Senior Editor Badge

How difficult is it for Relic to have a couple of freelancers like Osinyagov to work on iterative updates for COH2? The game has more broken text-strings, typos, grammatical errors and general UI inconsistencies than most mods for any currently played RTS!

Is the game so barren financially as to only barely warrant the operation of the servers?

Before I continue to stray off topic: these are great suggestions. Yes. so many ways to make the UI better.

See, I'm not too sure about this.

There's the 64-bit update Relic has been working on and wanted to launch last week. So they've spent money on those employees dedicating their time to that process. There's also $20k USD they've dropped for last year's World Championship tournament and another $20k USD they've dropped for this year's World Championship tournament!

I think it's more about what they choose to put money in to. But they have several projects that they've been working on that are unannounced besides AoE 4. My belief is that they've been hard at work with CoH3 and they're gonna announce it this month when they have the spotlight during SEGA's 60th anniversary stuff!
8 Nov 2020, 08:53 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Before I continue to stray off topic: these are great suggestions. Yes. so many ways to make the UI better.

See, I'm not too sure about this.

There's the 64-bit update Relic has been working on and wanted to launch last week. So they've spent money on those employees dedicating their time to that process. There's also $20k USD they've dropped for last year's World Championship tournament and another $20k USD they've dropped for this year's World Championship tournament!

I think it's more about what they choose to put money in to. But they have several projects that they've been working on that are unannounced besides AoE 4. My belief is that they've been hard at work with CoH3 and they're gonna announce it this month when they have the spotlight during SEGA's 60th anniversary stuff!

This!

To Tetranet: i worked with Relic as volunteer before. Some results can be founded here:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/93861/feedback-on-ui-changes-of-the-game

I believe community and Relic are satisfied with my work and probably more will be implemented to the game in the future. I am not the only one. SneakEye and Kasarov also doing a lot of great stuff in terms of UI, as well as members of community balance team (afaik they are volunteers too).

Of course i wanted to see much more fixes in the game, but there are limits in resources, time and tech.
8 Nov 2020, 12:19 PM

Looks great but i wouldn't make same icon for SU76/Su85 and kubel vet1 ability. It's diffrent type of ability where 1 gives line of sight and other shows unit on minimap and tac map.
8 Nov 2020, 15:30 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2020, 12:19 PMStark

Looks great but i wouldn't make same icon for SU76/Su85 and kubel vet1 ability. It's diffrent type of ability where 1 gives line of sight and other shows unit on minimap and tac map.

I was meant this ability

Name: "Tracking"
Duration: 20 Seconds
Cost: 35 Munitions

+40% sight range.
Will reveal enemy vehicles and infantry out to 70 range in the fog of war on the mini-map.

Kubelwagen ability for comparison

Name: "Detection"
Duration: Toggle Ability
Cost: Free

+20 camouflage detection radius.
-50% speed.
Will reveal units in the mini-map out to 70 range.

As you can see, both are about revealing the enemy on the mini-map
8 Nov 2020, 15:49 PM

I was meant this ability

Name: "Tracking"
Duration: 20 Seconds
Cost: 35 Munitions

+40% sight range.
Will reveal enemy vehicles and infantry out to 70 range in the fog of war on the mini-map.

Kubelwagen ability for comparison

Name: "Detection"
Duration: Toggle Ability
Cost: Free

+20 camouflage detection radius.
-50% speed.
Will reveal units in the mini-map out to 70 range.

As you can see, both are about revealing the enemy on the mini-map

Ok, you are right, soviet ability reveal units in minimap as well. I forgot about that. I always use it to only increase my basic sight range to get lucky last shot with SU-85.

Still i kinda feel it's diffrent type of ability. 1 is used to hunt evemy vehicules and kubel uses it for intel and all enemy positions.

What about compromise solution. Let's leave that soldat but add a detection icon on top right corner.
9 Nov 2020, 16:19 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2020, 15:49 PMStark

Ok, you are right, soviet ability reveal units in minimap as well. I forgot about that. I always use it to only increase my basic sight range to get lucky last shot with SU-85.

Still i kinda feel it's diffrent type of ability. 1 is used to hunt evemy vehicules and kubel uses it for intel and all enemy positions.

What about compromise solution. Let's leave that soldat but add a detection icon on top right corner.

Eye usually refers to sight bonuses, not to "radar" of fow. Here is several abilities with the same effect:
Ostheer vehicle detection

Mobile Observation Deploy

Vehicle Detection (British and Soviet)

OKW Signal Relay

As a result, more consistent to give radar icon. And keep "Eye" symbol due to +40% increased sight.
13 Nov 2020, 16:46 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Small update for soviet airborne guards.
Fixed brightness and changed color for collar tabs on blue.

Mini-icon got updated uniform and desharped shieldsymbol to match with other call-in icons.
13 Nov 2020, 17:01 PM

I think it's more accurate to use the Air Force emblem for the "paratroopers", because at that time the Airborne Forces were part of the Air Force.
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/201-я_воздушно-десантная_бригада
6 Apr 2021, 07:11 AM

May I have a request for a unit icon change?

Currently the ostheer Jaeger Command Squad uses the same icon as the okw Jaeger Light Infantry. The issue is that if you fail to distinguish them from each other, then it may lead to a rifle grenade or faust accident from the JCS. (I know one has 5 and the other has 4 members, but you may meet a wounded JCS in team games.)

Also, Stormtroopers, JCS and JLI all use the same unit portrait. While this is really just a minor, aesthetic concern, is there a chance they may receive some distinctions there?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★