Login

russian armor

State of the ISU-152

PAGES (12)down
25 Jun 2020, 17:56 PM

Your knowledge of axis factions seems very superficial. Can U show Your player card?

Level 13 players asking for playercards now? Maybe discuss the topic?
25 Jun 2020, 18:27 PM

Level 13 players asking for playercards now? Maybe discuss the topic?

I'd been doing it. Yet, sb suggested I'm an axis fanboy. Playercards help by showing if people play all factions or just one. They also help to see the proportion of games played as each faction. I wouldn't say that the level is crucial here.
Gameplay experience should be satysfynig thoroughout the whole spectrum of levels. If people start losing with one faction, they should imo start playing as opposite faction before they start camplaining or voicing strong opinions related to balance. In the case of one of the forum members it seemed they don't really do that.
25 Jun 2020, 18:52 PM

http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198035553470/standings

please stop asking people for playercards and stop pretending like you're a lv17 player with sly wording about "varying ranks".

I'm 17 with UKF. Got hidden but some people can check it. What matters is I played most games as allies and I can say that I see the difference and that it is generally much easier to play as allies. ISU is one of the culprits, not the biggest though. Why don't You check the profiles of those who claim that I'm the axis fanboys?

To the point. I really think that nerfing the range of AT shells for ISU could do the trick. It should be outranged by TDs and their should be its main counters. Also HE round should bounce on armor and have no deflection damage.
25 Jun 2020, 18:55 PM

I'm 17 with UKF.

Yeah and I'm rank 1 with usf and okw.

Now stop with the playercards crap and actually discuss the topic.
25 Jun 2020, 18:57 PM

easy fix would prolly be to reduce its range to 60 and or the scope, so you actually need to rely on scouting and be more vunerable to ATGs
25 Jun 2020, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2020, 18:57 PMJiav
easy fix would prolly be to reduce its range to 60 and or the scope, so you actually need to rely on scouting and be more vunerable to ATGs

I'd say 50 for AT so that TDs (ost don't really have them) can be closer and trade blows. OKW AT tank would outrange it.
25 Jun 2020, 19:00 PM

Yeah and I'm rank 1 with usf and okw.

Now stop with the playercards crap and actually discuss the topic.

It can be checked. There are people who can check those hidden ranks. Why heaven't You checked the guy who started it (Sumi)?
25 Jun 2020, 19:15 PM

I don't know why you treat it as a revelation that the best AT brawler in the game combined with the best ATG in the game can actually deal with a hybrid unit at one of its weak spots. I would rather say this is quite expected.

My point is, contrary to what some people seem to claim here, it does not take whole might of ze Fatherland to tackle ISU, all it takes is a player who knows it and knows how and when to engage.

Now more to the point: provide some data on your claims, because my calculations say otherwise.
In your scenario - 20 range, ISU vs Panther - the ISU has the same offensive performance as a SU85 with an expected TTK of 32,8 (ISU) vs 32,9 (SU85) (with very slight estimations regarding pen chances since I don't have the tools with me to make a 100% accurate calculation).

I suppose clarification is in order, so the whole situation was flanking it first in a place it couldn't retreat from easily(rammed itself on that northen trenches on crossing) and at least 1 shot at panther was HE. Yes, there were 2 ZiS guns protecting it, but they were frag bombed into atoms instantly.

Hopefully that clears things a bit.

Bumrushing anything is always bad idea, but 80% of people discussing balance here seem to be playing the game by setting rally point on opponents HQ and then building random units, going by situations they themselves are describing.
25 Jun 2020, 20:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It can be checked. There are people who can check those hidden ranks. Why heaven't You checked the guy who started it (Sumi)?

Hidden ranks can't be checked. Those re appear once you play at least once a month. You are basically removed from the ladder.

There's also the fact that UKF ladder is over rated, due to there been a lower amount of people ranking with them.

As of this moment, there are only 1449 people ranking with UKF. Ladders with less than 4K people means that they have ranks not represented on them. Would there be no ladder decay/removal most people would drop ranking places as there hidden ELO/MMR is not high enough to sustain those places.
In the case of UKF, ranks 15, 14 and 13 are non existant.

Compare it to OH with 3122 or SU with 2666. To fill the numbers, OKW at 2536 and USF at an historical low of 1746.

Biggest ladder atm is 2v2 AT. It has 7203/6942 teams.
25 Jun 2020, 20:21 PM

I'd say 50 for AT so that TDs (ost don't really have them) can be closer and trade blows. OKW AT tank would outrange it.

no, that would kill the unit
25 Jun 2020, 20:22 PM

thx for the info. I know most of it. I just thought you could check hidden ranks. I'll play one game for stormjager maybe :)

The point is though that I don't feel axis fanboy and I really think that pinpointing why allies are easier to play is a good idea and it doesn't automatically make you axis fanboy. ISU imo is one such example. Even nerfing it's AT range would probably mean that some anti nfantry capability should be added to axis Elephant (some ai grenades?, some really good pintle?, He shells close range?, some infantry squad called in with it?) to balance it.
25 Jun 2020, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2020, 20:21 PMJiav

no, that would kill the unit

I feel it should trade frontal blows with panthers, stugs, tigers and should not have range advantage. It has high frontal armour and these could be fair fights. If ISU player wanted to engage infantry, range would be 70. I don't think it would kill the unit. It would allow for counterplay with vehicles.
25 Jun 2020, 21:34 PM

See this is why I hate dick measuring player card calling. All it does is derail shit. Take the persons claims on the validity of the claim or don't. Get out of here with the "my opinion is better" garbage.
25 Jun 2020, 22:35 PM

As of this moment, there are only 1449 people ranking with UKF. Ladders with less than 4K people means that they have ranks not represented on them. Would there be no ladder decay/removal most people would drop ranking places as there hidden ELO/MMR is not high enough to sustain those places.
In the case of UKF, ranks 15, 14 and 13 are non existant.

Compare it to OH with 3122 or SU with 2666. To fill the numbers, OKW at 2536 and USF at an historical low of 1746.

Biggest ladder atm is 2v2 AT. It has 7203/6942 teams.

UKF still isn't any more fun to play with than it is to play against. Both it and USF get boring really quickly due to lack of viable build diversity. It isn't surprising that it is the smallest ladder.

Back to the original topic, the ISU really seams okay. There is only some maps where they are viable due to the lack of a turret and the slow rotation. The only thing interesting about this thread is that the same people who insist the JP4 is garbage due to the lack of a turret are the same people calling for ridiculous nerfs to the ISU.

Lastly, the calls to turn the Panther into a 50 range sniper is probably the worst balance suggestion on this forum in the last year.
25 Jun 2020, 23:54 PM

Thank you for your opinion.

Your contribution to this balance discussion will not be forgotten

damn, All these counter points made by very high ranking players, how I will ever recover?!?

meanwhile here is a great example of how "good" ISU currently is...
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/642910796?t=00h45m44s

Now your turn to show me this vehicle actually not being completely crap and killing 4 models in the first 5 shots.:rofl:
26 Jun 2020, 02:32 AM

I'm still waiting to see this clips of ISU oneshots

And no managing a wipe on a half health squad is not a "oneshot" otherwise I can just claim T70 can one shot a 1% health KT. It's the same broken logic
26 Jun 2020, 02:42 AM

IMO, ISU is fine, nerf the commander, do the same of the Elephant’s commander to.
26 Jun 2020, 04:35 AM

Insanity happens when players build ZiS guns to use them as mortars and pak/mg clearing tools, and You keep defending such design, and don't see a blatant balance issue. Same here. ISU is simply better than axis units of similar price.

The abundant dual purpose units of soviets stems from them not having ai upgrades nades or powerfull team weapons and tanks stock. Its a good and interrsting design. Just as ost have stronger team weapons actual nades and strong tanks, but squishier inf.

You wanna give the zis a snare or high pen high damage mode? Give it retreat? And most important give soviets normal nades stock?

In regards to the isu152 if you nerf it by removing its at and lowering its ai, it will have to become a lot cheaper. A lot cheaper, and then people will still bitch about it.

26 Jun 2020, 05:22 AM

The abundant dual purpose units of soviets stems from them not having ai upgrades nades or powerfull team weapons and tanks stock. Its a good and interrsting design. Just as ost have stronger team weapons actual nades and strong tanks, but squishier inf.

That is a complete nonsense. Another myth that keeps being repeated. Soviets have very powerful tanks and infantry. Especially through the abundance of doctrines. But stock stuff is also great. All patches made Soviets much more elite than those elite units but the low price of reinforcing and units remained. Dual purpose remained. ZiS should shoot one HE shell max.

You wanna give the zis a snare or high pen high damage mode? Give it retreat? And most important give soviets normal nades stock?

It used to have terrible penetration. Barrage and larger crew were justified. Now it is just another typical AT with a barrage that is just sick.

In regards to the isu152 if you nerf it by removing its at and lowering its ai, it will have to become a lot cheaper. A lot cheaper, and then people will still bitch about it.

Nope. It should be at an Elephant price tag. If it had any AT capability it should be more expensive. It could remain as it is if its cost got increased imo.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 62
unknown 20
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %