Login

russian armor

UTT2 stats

22 Jun 2020, 12:35 PM

Observations presented above are actually more constructive than a statement that "Allies OP".

I think this is the intent of the post. Statistcally, allies appeared OP in UTT2. Does anyone have a valid reason why it is or is not something worth talking about.

Some argue that the small sample size makes the post irrelevent. And Perimeter Overwatch would like to have a conversation with them. Since it got banned after a single UTT2 game of being used, even though it has been untouched in balance patches in forever.

Others like yourself are adding valuable data to the conversation.
22 Jun 2020, 12:45 PM

Well, the sample size issn´t big. But these are still all Top players. And they are not only top Players in the allied ranking.

Do i have to think that No1 Axis is always weaker than top 20 Allied? I this still a l2p then?

I´m not trying to exaggregate, but this is was i take out of these statistics

EDIT:
This is still only one tournament though. If there would be 2 or 3 others before the next patch i think it would brighten up the picture some might see
22 Jun 2020, 13:24 PM

Well, the sample size issn´t big. But these are still all Top players. And they are not only top Players in the allied ranking.

Do i have to think that No1 Axis is always weaker than top 20 Allied? I this still a l2p then?

I´m not trying to exaggregate, but this is was i take out of these statistics

EDIT:
This is still only one tournament though. If there would be 2 or 3 others before the next patch i think it would brighten up the picture some might see

There was the COHrona cup and now we have MNLZ.

Unfortunately no one made stats for the COHrona cup so we don't have a picture of what happened. Axis did win 4 of 5 games in the finals though so I would guess they did better in the COHrona cup than in UTT2. OKW was mostly not used in the COHrona cup and is almost completely missing from MLNZ which would indicate that it's really OKW that is struggling at the moment. Ostheer seems to be heavily reliant on certain doctrines to be competitive so it's not like they are in a great spot either.
22 Jun 2020, 13:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2020, 12:13 PMGeblobt

Maybe the valentine,aec and t70 combo is too good, but isnt the puma the optimal unit vs that?
From what i have seen okw performed quite decent in the mid game. Puma was able to threaten light tanks, stuka wiped team weapons and stg volks dealt with sections and cons. But the longer the game lasted the more the okw player had problems.
Volks cant push is and cons, Kt is worthless, panther is ok but at only and obers die way too fast vs rocket arty. The only reliable late game unit was the stuka. Okw has like no way to deal with blobs/inf in the later stages of the game.

And yeah can we pls remove scopes from jaeger armor and mark target+il2 from the isu doc?

The Puma is the most optimal counter. This tournament to me shows it was generally Ostheer player was lacking. They usually get swarmed so easily with out a non doc puma and no T0 grens. They generally put a heavy weight on their ally. Most of the games I see is that there was no early vickers nor any initial t1/t2 for soviets.
22 Jun 2020, 13:28 PM

no T0 grens

Why are you so fixated on that? Its literally 10 seconds of difference for first 2 squads, then it gets equal, because manpower.
Its not enough time nor resource difference(ost gets more manpower at start) to get swarmed by anything.
22 Jun 2020, 13:32 PM

The Puma is the most optimal counter. This tournament to me shows it was generally Ostheer player was lacking. They usually get swarmed so easily with out a non doc puma and no T0 grens. They generally put a heavy weight on their ally. Most of the games I see is that there was no early vickers nor any initial t1/t2 for soviets.

Nope, it was mostly OKW struggling to hold on. Ostheer seemed to do slightly better overall. Just looking back at those Noggano and DevM games where Luvnest and Scotch constantly did better than them using Ostheer.
22 Jun 2020, 13:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2020, 13:28 PMKatitof

Why are you so fixated on that? Its literally 10 seconds of difference for first 2 squads, then it gets equal, because manpower.
Its not enough time nor resource difference to get swarmed by anything.

But it is, Lancaster's Law. The Soviet player save 160 manpower in the early game by not building t2 or t1. A soviet can build 2 conscript before the 1 minute mark while there is only 1 gren. The MG 42 is slow and cumbersome. It lacks the versatility of grens and should be optional, not mandatory.
22 Jun 2020, 13:52 PM

2v2 map pool is horrendous, a true stain on Coh2
22 Jun 2020, 13:57 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Nope, it was mostly OKW struggling to hold on. Ostheer seemed to do slightly better overall. Just looking back at those Noggano and DevM games where Luvnest and Scotch constantly did better than them using Ostheer.

The games had a huge lack of versatility. I swear the games I saw played in the same way by different players. It was nearly always conscripts and infantry sections into universal carrier vs volks and MG 42 in grens. It was nearly always 222 to rush the universal carrier which causes AEC which causes Puma then the t70 arrives which uses the space from the AEC to do work. If the Puma was available to the Ostheer player non doctrinally, then the OKW player could go for T1 HQ and use the lower fuel costs to focus on a panzer 4.
22 Jun 2020, 15:40 PM

22 Jun 2020, 18:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://www.coh2.org/topic/105597/1v1-automatch-stats

This was brought in another thread and i think it gives a wider picture as well.
22 Jun 2020, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2020, 11:17 AMKatitof

That's pretty much the only accurate conclusion we can draw from the games.

I thought "Sample size is irrelevant for any accurate balance evaluation" :snfPeter:

22 Jun 2020, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2020, 20:17 PMKhan

I thought "Sample size is irrelevant for any accurate balance evaluation" :snfPeter:

That's not evaluation of balance, but of gameplay.
23 Jun 2020, 00:03 AM

>we can't trust auto matches because they take player of all skills and put them with lower skill braket as faction are op so allies are not strong, we can only trust in pros and player who know to play the game and not the wide community

>we can't trust tournament cuase the sample size is too low and is based on meta so no allies are not op

>i trully belive AAA post on this forum board on how he lost 1 RE to falls compelling and grave, axis is op and should be nerfed

:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

this forum 90% of the time
23 Jun 2020, 00:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

>we can't trust auto matches because they take player of all skills and put them with lower skill braket as faction are op so allies are not strong, we can only trust in pros and player who know to play the game and not the wide community

>we can't trust tournament cuase the sample size is too low and is based on meta so no allies are not op

this forum 90% of the time

Galaxy brain: you consider both. You try to filter as much as possible automatch games by ranks and see the broad picture. On tournaments you just don't look at the end result but how those games played out. A sub 20 min stomp is not equal to a +45 min game.
23 Jun 2020, 02:26 AM

Permanently Banned
sAmPlE sIzE anD sTatiSTicS dONt mAtTeR! Only when it goes against your narrative. This statement was nowhere to be found 2 months ago when there was only 5 1v1 Brit games and they weren't used particularly well. The measly sample size there was somehow enough to "prove" Brits aren't OP.
23 Jun 2020, 06:39 AM

TBFH it's been a bit of a game feature (since coh 1) that allies are easier and more forgiving to play with. Imo it is absolutely intentional. I'm a bit surprised that this is still debated rather than accepted as a fact. I guess the game is quite difficult for new players and choosing allies might make it a bit easier to start the game adventure.
23 Jun 2020, 07:16 AM

sAmPlE sIzE anD sTatiSTicS dONt mAtTeR! Only when it goes against your narrative. This statement was nowhere to be found 2 months ago when there was only 5 1v1 Brit games and they weren't used particularly well. The measly sample size there was somehow enough to "prove" Brits aren't OP.

Well, I'm not sure anyone asked your opinion.

About stats im glad this is first time when vipper cant say that Jackson is op
23 Jun 2020, 16:30 PM

Permanently Banned

Well, I'm not sure anyone asked your opinion.

About stats im glad this is first time when vipper cant say that Jackson is op

Since when was there a requirement for anyone to ask for anyone's opinion to post anything? Last time I checked, despite how much the balance team hates me, they've actually implemented MY IDEAS into previous patches like reduced RA on Stugs and giving pgrens some sort of combined arms bonuses with vehicles and doctrinal repairs. Hence my ideas hold a lot more water than yours.

Though someone who says "USF on life support" doesn't deserve any respect, I'll respectfully say that NOBODY cares about your opinion.
23 Jun 2020, 18:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Since when was there a requirement for anyone to ask for anyone's opinion to post anything? Last time I checked, despite how much the balance team hates me, they've actually implemented MY IDEAS into previous patches like reduced RA on Stugs and giving pgrens some sort of combined arms bonuses with vehicles and doctrinal repairs. Hence my ideas hold a lot more water than yours.

Though someone who says "USF on life support" doesn't deserve any respect, I'll respectfully say that NOBODY cares about your opinion.

Implying you are the only one in the world who has the same ideas
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 64
Russian Federation 40

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak