Login

russian armor

The Churchill

14 Jun 2020, 07:43 AM

The Churchill's pop could be knocked down to 16 from 19 but the Firefly is much better than the SU-85

Churchill at 16 would be way too low. It is actually the KV-1 that need to have the pop increased. It currently has the same as the OKW PzIV while being superior.

The SU-85 has the best gun in the game especial when vetted so imo it superior to FF. And again it the SU-85 that need to have its pop increased to 16.

The pop of both KV-1 and SU-85 should had been adjusted when the units where buffed.
14 Jun 2020, 08:09 AM

I think its fine, the KV-1 is an exclusive tank right? only one at a time? The problem with the Church wasnt cost effectiveness, it was spamability, which the pop cost forcibly fixes.

I would suggest just give the Church normal Heavy tank restrictions. IE, only 1 at a time. Balance around only 1 Church.
14 Jun 2020, 08:12 AM

I think its fine, the KV-1 is an exclusive tank right? only one at a time? The problem with the Church wasnt cost effectiveness, it was spamability, which the pop cost forcibly fixes.

I would suggest just give the Church normal Heavy tank restrictions. IE, only 1 at a time. Balance around only 1 Church.

No KV-1 does not have a restriction, KV-2 is restricted to one.

Only Super heavy tanks and command vehicles are restricted to one.
14 Jun 2020, 09:35 AM

Reduce population cost plz,or buff Comet and Churchill but limit one on the field like other heavy
14 Jun 2020, 09:38 AM

Reduce population cost plz,or buff Comet and Churchill but limit one on the field like other heavy

buff comet and churchill.. sounds like a fantastic idea
since were already at it, lets also buff the crocodile. it doesnt overperform enough
14 Jun 2020, 09:44 AM

Actually Churchill needs its acceleration and rotation reduced.

Since the original designed of the faction of unit that start very powerful but have inferior vet bonuses seem to have gone out the window one could lower some of the base stat of the Churchill and move the to veterancy. Things like HP and armor (replacing those mobility bonuses not suited for heavy tank). Then one could lower pop to 18.

In addition imo the smoke should be replaced by the one commandos used to have giving cover status but not blocking sight increasing the synergy with infatry.

Finally the rear armor simply has to be lowered.

14 Jun 2020, 09:47 AM

Ah, there we have it, took longer then expected, but the inevitable "nerf allied units" from certain guaranteed poster finally appeared.

Churchill is non meta tank with massive pop, you can't realistically get more then 1 and if you damage it enough, you are not going to see it and engineers responsible for repairing it for a LONG time.

KV-1 is infantry support tank and damage sponge/spotter for SU-85, you can get more then 1, but its unfeasable to unless opponent exclusively spams P4s.

Both units are fine within context of their own factions standing behind them.
14 Jun 2020, 09:49 AM

churchill doesnt need a nerf, its pretty niesche and the smoke is the one cool thing about it
14 Jun 2020, 09:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 01:06 AMBaba
yo blackdream, can you wake up?
who cares about tournaments. those 0.1% players participating in them are nowhere close to representing a playerbase of roughly 6000 Players.
i represent the average company of heroes 2 player more than any of the top tier players you might have seen in recent tournaments and my games (in which i see players from rank 30 to 2500) dont resemble whats happening in the aformentioned tournaments in any way shape or form.

as with any meta, which is shifting by the day btw, it is used by top tier players to get even the smallest edge over their opponents.
guess what, you and i, we dont deal with that kind of problem. you can do a pioneer only build and still have a good chance of winning, try that in a tournament

still after every event people come in this forum to cry about this and that, things they wouldnt even have noticed by playing the game themselfes
axis won more games? axis op
allies won more games? allies op
its mostly the same people anyway

i know, watching a competative scene makes people feel important but holy, its time to stop

this forum is an eternal loop, crying about competetivness in a game which in its core is not competetive. thank god (or relic) for that

--------------------------
this annoys me since i really enjoy the coh2 tournament scene and im glad that people in this community like A_E, stormless etc. keep it alive and fresh
dont make conclusions on what you see in those but what you experience yourself ingame

Yes no one cares about tournaments and the game should be balanced around rank 1000 players. Suddenly everything is balanced because no one knows what he is doing. Great idea, why didn't I think of it before?
14 Jun 2020, 10:05 AM

Churchill (just like UKF in genaral) is just another OP unit. It is far too responsive for a heavy tank. Also its health pool is silly imo. But I used it a lot with a lot of success. Now the comet was buffed and Valantine is just over the roof. Maybe churchills start looking a bit bleak. One way or another - again the same story - instead of balancing the game, allied units keep getting buffed and make allied factions much easier to use. Churchill was OP, now it just got overshadowed by other, even more OP units.
14 Jun 2020, 10:08 AM

Churchill (just like UKF in genaral) is just another OP unit. It is far too responsive for a heavy tank. Also its health pool is silly imo. But I used it a lot with a lot of success. Now the comet was buffed and Valantine is just over the roof. Maybe churchills start looking a bit bleak. One way or another - again the same story - instead of balancing the game, allied units keep getting buffed and make allied factions much easier to use. Churchill was OP now, it just got overshadowed by other, even more OP units.

Thank you for your opinion.
14 Jun 2020, 10:13 AM

bla bla bla

thats EXACTLY what i was saying.
i like how you changed your post from "4 digit 4v4 players" to rank "1000 players".
must have realised how little sense it made

seen the video of someone doing an iq test for kimbo? pls do the same, you have a natural gift for making sense of things
14 Jun 2020, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 10:13 AMBaba

thats EXACTLY what i was saying.
i like how you changed your post from "4 digit 4v4 players" to rank "1000 players".
must have realised how little sense it made

seen the video of someone doing an iq test for kimbo? pls do the same, you have a natural gift for making sense of things

Completely confused about what you are even trying to say at this point.
14 Jun 2020, 10:20 AM

im not suprised
you confuse a lot of things
14 Jun 2020, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 09:47 AMKatitof
Ah, there we have it, took longer then expected, but the inevitable "nerf allied units" from certain guaranteed poster finally appeared.

A the took longer then expected, but the inevitable "troll other users" from certain guaranteed poster finally appeared.

Churchill is non meta tank with massive pop, you can't realistically get more then 1 and if you damage it enough, you are not going to see it and engineers responsible for repairing it for a LONG time.

Play the game and you will notice the Churchill comes with anvil and heavy sapper so that it can be repair fast. Read my post and will see that suggested lowering pop

KV-1 is infantry support tank and damage sponge/spotter for SU-85, you can get more then 1, but its unfeasable to unless opponent exclusively spams P4s.

Play them game you will see that SU-85 comes with 2 spotting abilities and currently has the furthest vision than most units. It does not need a spotter.

You will also notice that KV-1 will beat PzIV and people can and do build more than 1.

Both units are fine within context of their own factions standing behind them.

Not really.
14 Jun 2020, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 09:49 AMBaba
churchill doesnt need a nerf, its pretty niesche and the smoke is the one cool thing about it

It might need or not need nerf what it does need is one of highest acceleration and rotation in the game, one of the highest rear armor in the game and non doc defensive smoke.
14 Jun 2020, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 05:55 AMmrgame2
lol it is not churchill is too pop expensive

churchill has crazy good rotation and acceleration for a heavy tank, self repair, smoke, better gun, faster tracking than panther, better moving accuracy, higher side/rear armor

it is kv1 too pop cheap for its performance.

2 panthers = 36 pop just to deal with churchill or kv1, with no AI left.

You don't need two panthers, 14pop jagdpanzer shuts down 20pop Churchill fine.

Ultimate lulz counter to KV1 or Churchill spam is just build a heavy tank and laugh as they feed you vet. Tbh these tanks are overrated against anything but P4 or shrek spam
14 Jun 2020, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2020, 10:45 AMKatitof

Which is balanced by one of the lowest speeds, which you constantly ignore, because it doesn't seem to fit your "allied unit OP" constant narrative.

But UKF stock tanks (plus Valentine) are absolutely better than most axis vehicles. Churchill has so much health that in order to make sure it can soak damage and come back quickly to the field, UKF has specially designed sappers and every second commander has repair abilities. It is simply much better than what axis have.

You may even have problems to finish off a churchill in smoke repairs (plus engies - why not?) as you have to attack ground with a pak and churchill can still bounce, and often you won't be dealing enough damage to destroy it - it will be repaired faster. It will definitely give time for the UKF player to mop up your at guns. Often even with sappers. Of course if pak/s survied the churchill push in the first place. Lategame UKF is really good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★