5 Jun 2020, 11:12 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Pls rework Urban company commander that guy looks like ptsd autistic kid

Relic told us that we could not change the new commanders' faces

:(
5 Jun 2020, 12:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Pls rework Urban company commander

Face 100% stay as it is in general, but we will try to fix it throw small adjustments ans positioning. Probably result be like soviet paratrooper commander. Currently we are working on Ostheer commanders, stay tuned for new updates :)
5 Jun 2020, 13:07 PM

Thanks for the work you are putting in. All the portraits look great IMO.
5 Jun 2020, 13:28 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Great work guys! I can't wait to see them in-game.
MMX
5 Jun 2020, 13:49 PM

beautifully done! looking forward to seeing the reworked portraits for the other factions, too
5 Jun 2020, 19:06 PM

All I know is that there should be at least one armor commander that looks like this:

It looks more like okw commander to me ;)
6 Jun 2020, 17:48 PM

Where is the portrait for the Soviet Combined Arms Army commander? I don't see it among the Guards commanders.
6 Jun 2020, 20:10 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Where is the portrait for the Soviet Combined Arms Army commander? I don't see it among the Guards commanders.

He is on the very right, right after Guard Motor Coordination Tactics.

8 Jun 2020, 00:22 AM

He is on the very right, right after Guard Motor Coordination Tactics.

I might be wrong but the commander portrait for Soviet Combined Arms Army currently looks like this.

Edit: Why didn't the picture show up?
8 Jun 2020, 03:47 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I might be wrong but the commander portrait for Soviet Combined Arms Army currently looks like this.

Edit: Why didn't the picture show up?

Pretty close if you ask me, although it is true a few things can still be tweaked for the eyes and mouth wrinkles. The portraits we put out are just an initial proof of concept, and we have plans to revisit and revise some commanders already. Currently, we're just finishing up our first drafts of each faction before going back to fine tune each one.
8 Jun 2020, 13:10 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ostheer pack is here! We got some issues with choosing the right assets, but we did our best. Here is guideline:
Binocular - has lefh 18
neck microphone - has command panzer IV
headphones - has elefant
panzer wrap - has tiger
camo poncho - has pak 43/elefant
Cross - has artillery officer/jaeger command squad

Tiger commanders

These commanders got panzer wrap to hightlight their heavy panzer nature. We used assets from WFA due to their higher quality.

Pak 43/Elefant commanders

These commanders got camo poncho, since majority of them have it in the first place. Also, we have added some assets to highlight the command panzer iv and elefant. Special thanks goes to RitaRush, because we've used some of her assets, published on coh2.org previously.

Infantry/support commanders

These commanders got more variations and now closer to their abilities. Again, special thanks goes to RitaRush, since some commanders using here assets as well.

Tiger Ace commanders

These commanders share the same assets goes to separate cathegory.

Luftwaffe commanders

Since there are assets from luftwaffe, we diceded to bring both luftwaffe commanders to the same design.

8 Jun 2020, 13:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Sneak peak of what's to come:

;)
8 Jun 2020, 13:19 PM

can you please remove the stupid monocle?
hes wearing a camouflaged field uniform + combat helmet
the monocle aint got no place there

same with the guys wearing sunglasses
8 Jun 2020, 13:20 PM

I like them all
8 Jun 2020, 14:20 PM

I absolutely love these. I have one suggestion though. Maybe give all the deticated osttruppen commanders (ostruppen, defensive commander) the white winter smock like mobile defense? It would give them a unified theme.
8 Jun 2020, 14:25 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Awesome work!

Minor feedback, this icon has very dark eyes.

This one for example has better contrast while having a similar helmet.
8 Jun 2020, 14:37 PM

Great work as always.

Imo:

luft hat a bit too glossy.
Luftwaffen-Splittertarnmuster poncho again a bit too glossy and green in "raindrops pattern" a touch too bright, the color was rather dull in real life.

The black stripe in yager infatry a bit too strong too maybe grey down a bit.
8 Jun 2020, 15:03 PM

The Ostheer portraits look great, though I think the Tiger Ace and Luftwaffe commanders really need some distinct features to tell them apart as they look almost identical (especially in the small versions). I'd say keep the uniform and collar markings but give them different headwear.

The second Luftwaffe commander could have a Luftwaffe Field Cap (blue field cap) and the Strategic Reserves commander could have a Stahlhelm or something.

Secondly, I think the Tiger commanders could get a better represented distinct armor theme.

I think this uniform of one of the Infantry / Support commanders:

is actually the German tank crew uniform (see below) and I think it would suit the Tiger commanders a lot better rather than the black coat (which does not have the appropriate insignia).

My suggestion would be to use this uniform for all the Tiger commanders and switch the black coat to the infantry/support commander. Then switch the Panzer headphones from the Elefant commanders to two of the Tiger commanders because it'd suit the armor theme better, and switch the two Stahlhelm ones to black field caps (used by tank crews).

Like this:

And then obviously figure out something new for the Elefant commanders.
8 Jun 2020, 15:07 PM

The Ostheer portraits look great, though I think the Tiger Ace and Luftwaffe commanders really need some distinct features to tell them apart as they look almost identical (especially in the small versions). I'd say keep the uniform and collar markings but give them different headwear.

What about giving the strategic reserves one a helmet? I think the helmet from jaeger infantry might look cool but any will work really
8 Jun 2020, 15:20 PM

Are they gray camo pattern historically accurate for mobile defense?

Most of the winter camo I have seen used by German was plane white or had some green patches.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★