How do you make your own animation?
Well its actually quite simple but it can get complicated.
First what you want to do is to design your vehicle/building in World Builder to give you an idea of how it will look after executing the ability or action to trigger the animation. You also need to do this to know where you will be spawning the new entities.
Ok, so now let's go step by step.
1) You need to make sure your main entity(the entity that you are creating the animation for) has its x and y coordinates are as close as possible to 0. In the picture above, you see that I have x = 0.15 and y = -0.16.
2) Place your objects around your main entity.
Now, let's open the Attribute Editor.
3) We make a new ability (a toggle ability in this example).
4) In action_list
, we will add apply_modifiers_action
. To the modifiers, we add move_enable_modifier
and set the usage_type
. We do this to disable the movement of the vehicle while the ability is active.
5) Another action we add to start_target_action
. To delay_actions
we add change_target_action
and set the change_target_type
6) Now in change_target_action
we add spawn_entity
and we set duration
to entity we want to spawn and offset
to the x, y, z coordinates to match the coordinates from the World Builder.
NOTE: If z coordinates in World Builder are equal to 10 then the z offset will be 0 in the spawn_entity action.
And now you should be good to go just to double check your delay action should look like on the picture below.
To make the animation better looking we spawn 2-4 entities in one change_target_action
. And then just add another delay
action to the original delays delay_actions
and repeat what we did.
I hope this helped you and if I made something unclear or you need more assistance feel free to ask.