Login

russian armor

Sneaky PIAT commandos

PAGES (7)down
1 Jun 2020, 10:25 AM

Well there you go, next time those evil commandos with piats kill all your rocket artillery, you have a way out. Close coh2 and switch to something more relaxing.

I choose coh2 for my 'relaxed' smooth rts experience where i use my minecraft micro-skills to fight the evil PIAT wielding/tea-drinking british commandos.

The EVIL must be dealt with.
1 Jun 2020, 10:49 AM

I am becoming famous :hyper:

Cheers SweeTroll, never could do it without you
1 Jun 2020, 11:06 AM

Infiltration unit infiltrates lines exploit lelic pls help.
1 Jun 2020, 11:06 AM

Commandos? Pff vet3 pathfinders with zooks from recon company are better i always use them like that i call them elefant hunters 140mu offmap and ambush zooks can delete evrything.
Piat commandos are for nubies
1 Jun 2020, 11:23 AM

I feel bad for the Ost guy, his OKW teammate is the type of player that just makes you alt f4 when you realized they've spent that last ten minutes saving for a meme unit in the dumbest situations. All the while you're carrying and fighting for your life of course.

A sturmtiger vs double Jackson and 17pdr? Seriously, then on top of that rocket arty when allies hardly have three team weapons between them. By the 41min mark when he finally builds a JP it's too late

The gestapo will be sent to OKW headquarters shortly for this disgrace to the fatherland.
1 Jun 2020, 11:55 AM

While I am sure you come from a good place by bringing this to discussion, I'd argue that it's not at all an exploit so much as just an expected result of utilizing a units advantage. Even then, it's more of a side-grade than any real improvement to the Commandos.

For one, the commandos are fairly high on both cost and pop to spam. Combine the fact that it's doctrinal, and you already have a recipe for heavy investment to even introduce it en masse to the field sans PIATS.

With PIATS, you're looking at additional munition costs, and keep in mind the alternative brens upgrade is (in my opinion) a considerably better investment given that the commandos brens are a better version than the Infantry Sections. To forgo that advantage for PIATS is something of a difficult decision to make.

Now while camo tank hunters are dangerous for your armor, you are dealing with PIATS, which while have some utility over traditional rockets, have a good deal of chance of failing to connect with a vehicle on the move. The camo, in that sense, is an awful lot of micro just to get close and make that hit an assured one. At that point, I'd say that the player had put in at least significant amount of work for this strategy to work.

On top of that, I'd also like to mention that Ostheer has a similar unit by the name of stormtroopers. While they're not as elite as commandos would be, they can spawn from ambient buildings and can upgrade to shrecks with far less investment. Not just that, but their camo is so good that they can sprint with active camo. And I don't believe anyone has been spamming them, nor dominating with such a strategy. I'd wager this is the same case for the commandos with PIATS.
1 Jun 2020, 12:31 PM

So the whole map is carpeted by arty and hence a lot of yellow cover and you complain that a CQC unit that excels in cover is OP. Furthermore, the commando PIATs are only good vs light vehicles. To sum up, you have a specifically-specific scenario that suits one unit and you call it OP. My God what this forum is becoming.
1 Jun 2020, 12:48 PM

this peak we can close coh2.org now
1 Jun 2020, 13:35 PM

So the whole map is carpeted by arty and hence a lot of yellow cover and you complain that a CQC unit that excels in cover is OP. Furthermore, the commando PIATs are only good vs light vehicles. To sum up, you have a specifically-specific scenario that suits one unit and you call it OP. My God what this forum is becoming.

Remember the time when Raketen could camo and sneak behind lines to takeout rocket arties? This commando+PIAT combo is just that...so why shouldn't this be addressed when raketen got nerfed?
1 Jun 2020, 13:37 PM

Remember the time when Raketen could camo and sneak behind lines to takeout rocket arties? This commando+PIAT combo is just that...so why shouldn't this be addressed when raketen got nerfed?

good point
1 Jun 2020, 13:39 PM

Because one was cheapest anti tank gun with no tech requirement that's not exactly meant to sneak past enemy lines and the other is special doctrinal unit specifically made for exactly that?
1 Jun 2020, 13:44 PM

"not exactly meant" = presumption

so commandos are meant as tankhunters. interesting, didnt know
i mean now that you say it, they are basically partisan tank hunters. you opened my eyes
1 Jun 2020, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 13:44 PMBaba
"not exactly meant" = presumption

so commandos are meant as tankhunters. interesting, didnt know
i mean now that you say it, they are basically partisan tank hunters. you opened my eyes

Perhaps you would know that if you were familiar with UKF weapon upgrade system.
Or the game itself, because every single faction with exception of OKW has dedicated camo AT squad or possibility to make one.
1 Jun 2020, 13:54 PM

Because one was cheapest anti tank gun with no tech requirement that's not exactly meant to sneak past enemy lines and the other is special doctrinal unit specifically made for exactly that?

Let me be clear, I'm not against commandos sneaking behind the front lines and taking out units with PIATS. Just doesn't want it to be at 'vet0', move the moving-camo to vet2/3 like falls.

Do the same for stormtroopers too if it is possible.
1 Jun 2020, 13:55 PM

I am
then again ive never had commandos hunting for my backline tanks and werfers
i have no problem with them doing it. i like stealth shenanigans
dont like the new Raketenwerfer though, feels way to clumsy
1 Jun 2020, 13:55 PM

Let me be clear, I'm not against commandos sneaking behind the front lines and taking out units with PIATS. Just doesn't want it to be at 'vet0', move the moving-camo to vet2/3 like falls.

Do the same for stormtroopers too if it is possible.

Well, too bad for you, because they are infiltration units, camo IS their gimmick.
Falls get it with vet, because they have potent long range weapons by default.
1 Jun 2020, 14:04 PM

Well, too bad for you, because they are infiltration units, camo IS their gimmick.

I'd be happy for commandos to get the dps model of falls and swap camo to vet 2/3 tbh.
1 Jun 2020, 14:08 PM

piat commando are fine, leave them alone
1 Jun 2020, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 14:04 PMGrim

I'd be happy for commandos to get the dps model of falls and swap camo to vet 2/3 tbh.

Then you would be bawling your eyes out for commando nerfs.
1 Jun 2020, 14:16 PM

They could be still be used like other Assault units like Pgrens, Shocktroops, etc. where you send them on flanks. They would still have stationary camo so still can throw a bundle nade and wipe unattended units.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Germany 19
Korea, Republic Of 3
Germany 45

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L